Don't Forget Me

Chapter Two

I had everything I wanted, really. All I ever wanted was a boy who actually gave a shit about me; and I had that. Everyone had always told me, "Don't let a boy take over your mind and heart. Don't let them be a part of you." But, I couldn't help it. He was my other half. I knew we wouldn't be together forever, and that's what killed me. I didn't even want to imagine life without him, so I didn't...

I had just gotten out of school. I stood outside in the chill air, talking to one of my closest friends. I waited outside everyday after school until my sister drove me home. Sadly, I wasn't old enough to drive. I didn't want to even if I had a choice; I was terrified to start driving.

It was a typical Friday, which meant going to the mall with friends. In this case, going to the mall with my boyfriend, Jack. The hardest part about these nights, was getting a ride to the mall. My mom was being stubborn as always and refused to take me. I begged and pleaded as if I were going to die if I didn't go. After literally after hours of pleading, my mom said she would take me.

I looked in the mirror in disgust before I left home. I never really liked the way I looked. Through 5th grade to the end of 7th grade, I had really bad acne. Everyday, people would say stuff about me. Some would say stuff like, "Ever heard of proactive?" And it hurt, it really did. I became so insecure about myself... I still am insecure about myself. Even though I don't have acne anymore, I have the scars; and they aren't pretty.

While on my way to the mall, Jack texted me. As soon as I read it, I filled with anger. He said that he had already left the mall. Which pissed me off due to the fact I never get to see him. He goes to a different school than me, and my parents aren't aware of the fact I'm dating him, even though it's almost been two months. We could have seen each other again, but apparently he didn't want that.

There was only one thing to do, and that was to ask Aiden to go to the mall so I could hang out with him. Aiden had recently graduated high school. We talked some over the summer but not much., He admitted about a week ago that he had strong feelings towards me. I knew that Jack didn't like Aiden much, but I guess that is something he'd just have to deal with.