Burn the Night Away

High Maintenance

“Charlie, hun,” Shaking her best friend awake, Sage quietly said, “babe, the plane is landing in England.” Charlie sleepy opened her tired eyes as she saw Sage’s smiling face.

“Ah Sage your blinding me with your pearly whites, shut your mouth.” Pouting slightly Sage grabbed her volcom mess around red backpack. Waiting for the fasten seatbelt sign to turn off Charlie finished waking herself up. Once the plane came to a complete stop the girls got off, and walked towards baggage claim. Grabbing their luggage, they both walked outside while Sage grabbed her iPhone4S and texted both sets of parents to alert them as to their arrival in England; as Sage was replying she heard an unfamiliar voice.

“Are you Charlie Phoenix and Sage Novak?”

Image


Charlie gave a smile and nodded her head, “Yes sir that’s us. I’m Charlie and that’s Sage, you’re a friend of my father correct?” the guy gave a sincere nod and smiled at the girls. “So polite, I knew those tabloids were too good to be true.” Charlie wanted to roll her eyes at this comment but she didn’t. In fact she didn’t say anything at all, “So are you going to be taking us to the apartment?”

Sage did this often, when someone would make a comment about the things that were put in the tabloids about her that was cue for Charlie to just stop stalking. “I am, I’m John Jameson or you can just call me JJ. Charlie how’s your father these days?” Charlie smiled “Well, he’s been promoting his new movie that just released. In fact he’ll be here in tomorrow night for the London Premier.”

After that not a lot was said, Sage and Charlie grabbed their bags and John led them to the limo that was waiting in the front of the airport. The onlookers stared at the two girls as they got in, curiosity in their eyes sparked. Who were they? Why were they so special? As the girls situated the door closed and made their way to the place they would call home for three months.

Image


“Saaaage! I can’t believe we’re in fucking London!” Charlie’s voice echoed through the summer home/apartment her parents owned. The two girls had been here for no more than four, five hours max and yet they already at the place a mess. Boxes and bubble wrap were thrown across the floor all over the place. Unpacking was the negative part of moving however the positive of the moment was that they done. The first area they did was their rooms, the bathrooms, living area, offices, and now the kitchen area.

In the kitchen instead of boxes and bubble wrap plastic baggies were strewn across the tile. Grocery shopping had been easy; the only thing that had irked Charlie was how long they had been there. After two hours of shopping they ended stuffing the refrigerator with every vegetable known to mankind, waters, energy drinks, coffee drinks, and everything else except for the foods that clogged arteries.

“I know Char; I’m so excited especially for the premier tomorrow. I’ve been looking forward to seeing your dad’s latest masterpiece.” Charlie gave a huge smile and nodded in agreement. “I know I can’t wait to get to wear my new dress. Did I show you the shoes I bought to go with them? They rode first class all the way to Hawaii from New York!” Sage shook her head; Charlie had her moments when she made it all about her. In this care her dress and shoes. “I’m sure your dad would love to see you too Char.”

Charlie sighed and shook her head, “That’s not what I meant and you very well know this.” Don’t get Charlie wrong she was excited to see her dad and his newest movie seeing as he rarely saw him and her mom. Unlike Sage her parents were right there in Hawaii, Charlie’s dad was usually in LA or traveling somewhere to shoot a movie while her mom spent her time in New York or once again traveling around. Charlie couldn’t complain though, this was her life as much as it sucked that she wasn’t able to see them as much Charlie made it work.

“So moving to another subject are we going to pop open this lovely gift from your father?” Sage gave Charlie a smirk and brought down the wine glasses. Normally these girls would do something a little harder but for now a nice wine wouldn’t kill them.

Image


Charlie would have normally been up by now on her run but she was jet-lagged and tired from unpacking and grocery shopping that she decided that sleeping in would be the best idea. Unfortunately she didn’t get her wish; voices had waked her up so she didn’t have any choice but to get her ass out of bed.

Wiping the sleep from her eyes Charlie dragged herself into the kitchen to find two older and dark-haired people sitting at the breakfast table with Sage. The woman turned around, “Oh my Charlize how are you sweetie.” Charlie shot out of sleep and rushed over to her mom, after not seeing her for two months had driven her crazy. “Mommy I missed you, how was France?” Mrs. Phoenix gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek and then traded places with her father. “Oh just beautiful, you must come with me next time.” Charlie nodded her head and smiled. “But anyways we just stopped by to see how you girls settled in, we’re off now. We’ll send you a car for the premier in three hours so I would suggest you girls get ready now.” And with that Charlie’s parents had disappeared right out the door.

Charlie sucked it up and gave Sage a smile, “They brought us breakfast and some coffee they know us too well.” Sage chuckled as Char grabbed her coffee. Indeed they do. “Alright well I’m going to get dressed so I can go get my hair and nails done, then come back home and get ready you coming?” Sage nodded and the two girls separated into their rooms to put on decent clothes.

Image


“So…. How do I look?” Charlie looked away from the mirror that hung in the hallways and as she did this her eyes grew. “My god Sage baby you my dear are looking fine as ever!” Sage gave a chuckle and Charlie continued to put on her earrings and necklace. “Hey turn up the radio will ya?” Charlie said to Sage, her heels silenced as she stepped on to the carpet.

”So last week we interview four lovely lads yesterday and you all known them as the lovely Tom, Danny, Harry, and Dougie. The lads came in to talk about their new single that will also be able to find in the brand new movie directed and written by Kenny Phoenix ‘Before Night falls’.” Charlie had finished putting on her jewelry and made her way over to Sage, the two girls grinned at each other and then took a plop onto the sofa. “Turn it up love dove.”

{ I N T E R V I E W }
”McFly it’s really nice to have you back in the studio again, how’s life been doing for you?”

Tom: “Oh man it’s great to be back and life has been pretty fabulous for us. We’ve been given some amazing opportunities, some of those over in the States.”

”Very nice, so let us get to the point. Your new single, it’s being used in an American film yeah?”

Danny: “It is, Kenny Phoenix’s ‘Before Night Falls’ actually his brand new film. Right mate, the premier’s tomorrow yeah Tomas?”
Tom: “Yeah it is.”


”Nice, nice. So who are you excited to see there? I heard one of you fancy his daughter, she’ll be among the many celebrities there…”

Harry: “Ha ha Doug.”

”Oh Dougie you fancy Charlie?”

Dougie: ”It’s not exactly fancy, the bird is hot but she seems a bit high maintenance I don’t think I could handle that really…”

Harry: “You’re being nice… he’s being nice when he says that.”

”Well we’ll just have to bring you back on to talk about that some more but for now we’re out of time. Boys thanks you for coming to the studio. Everyone here wishes you luck on the soundtrack, single, and the future.”

“High maintenance….. HIGH MAINTENANCE, who the fuck does the kid think he is. And what’s with putting it nicely. Oh that boy better hope that I don’t run into him.” Sage couldn’t help but laugh at her friend, honestly she had her moments. “Char, you have to admit that you can be sometimes.” Charlie stood up and shook her head. “I. Am. Not. High. Maintenance. Now let’s go, daddy just texted me the car is here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sage and Charlie plane outfits.
Sage and Charlie premier outfits.

Merry Christmas Mibbians. Hope you enjoyed the chapter,
chapter three will come soon <3