Status: School's back where I am! Sorry but I promise to update as soon as I can

Save You Tonight

Workaholic

"But dad I have a dinner date with Josh!!" I complained.
"I'm sorry princess but you need to deal with the photos as soon as possible."
"But I promised Josh I'd go."
"Well now you have to tell him you can't."
"But he made reservations and I haven't seen him in weeks!"
"He's only been gone for ten days."
"The point is I haven't seen him in a long time."
"You're working now, sometimes you have to sacrifice. If you want to continue with this shoot you have to deal with the design of this calendar."
"Fine." I sighed.
"Sorry princess but just tell Josh to reschedule." he left my room.

I picked up the phone and texted Josh. I can't believe I'm blowing him off.... again. I have to face it, trying to build a career while you're still in high school can put a strain in relationships.

":(" was what Josh texted back. That made me feel even more guilty. I kept sending apology texts to him but that doesn't really do much.

I checked my laptop and saw the pictures that Darryl sent me, he told me he wanted one huge picture with a collage of little pictures in the background with a faded effect. I had to pick the pictures and decide the format of the calendar.

I am not going to be able to sleep tonight. This is too much for one girl. I need reinforcements, now who loves the boys as much as I do and has some experience with this kind of stuff?

I dialed Raina's number. She occasionally models and she knows how to use photoshop too.

The moment I told her that I shot One Direction she hung up and came over in a few minutes. And I thought I was the bigger fangirl.

"You actually shot them?" she squealed.
"Yes!" I squealed back.
"This is so exciting!! I have to the pictures!" she ran to my laptop.
"There are no shirtless pictures. But they did wear a tux." I grinned.
"That's incredibly sexy too." she blushed as she scrolled through the pictures.
"Raina! I need help."
"Oh right the formatting thing yes I'll help out as soon as I get some of these pictures in my phone..."
I cut her off "Now." I said seriously.
"Alright fine. You only did the cover, January and February. What's the rush love?"
"I need to finish these tonight, we're under time pressure."
"Why you?"
"I'm the photographer, dad does it too."
"Okay then I'll do the cover and you do January then we'll do February together since that's where they're wearing tuxes so we'll be even."
"Those tuxes are so... fit." I got goosebumps.
"I know right?" she giggled. "Wait, aren't you suppose to meet Josh in a few minutes?" she checked her watch.
"I was suppose to but dad said I have to work on these if I want to continue being the photographer for this shoot."
"How did Josh take it?"
"He sent me a sad face so I'm guessing he's sad."
"You can't keep on cancelling plans with him, he just got back and he'd love to see his girlfriend as soon as possible."
"I know but I have a job now and I want to keep this job." I said as I started working.
"Yes but don't you want to keep dating Josh?" she raised a brow.
"Of course I do, I just really hope he understands."
"I'm not sure, he was pretty down when you started blowing him off for photo shoots."
"I'm trying to build a career here, he'd understand if he was doing that too."
"I'm only telling you this to remind you love. I'm glad you're doing something you love just be sure you don't lose sight of things and people who are important to you. I wouldn't want you to be a workaholic."

It took us all night to finish this work, luckily Raina only lived a block away from our house. But dad insisted on driving her home, he's that protective even with my friends.

I checked my phone and Josh didn't reply. Have I become a workaholic? I'm only trying to start a career so I'll know what to do with my life early. But I do think I need to spend time with him soon, I wouldn't want us to grow distant. I took a deep breath and called him. It was midnight but I didn't care. I need to hear his voice.

"Hello." he answered.
"Hey. Did I wake you?" I asked.
"No. I couldn't sleep."
"Me either... look I know I've been cancelling but it's just that I'm really busy."
"I know I just really wish you weren't."
"I miss you."
"I miss you too."
"How about we go out for dinner some other time?"
"Tomorrow?"
"Oh I..."
"Can't again. What about the day after tomorrow?"
"No I can't. I'm sorry."
"Are you avoiding me?"
"No of course not! I really want to see you too."
"How long are you busy?"
"A week."
"A week?!"
"I know it's too much but what can I do?"
"Can't you skip one day of work?"
"No I'm the photographer they'll fall behind schedule."
"I can't believe you're blowing me off."
"Look I really wanted to meet you for dinner but I had to work on this calendar shoot I'm doing. So I'm really sorry."
"It doesn't really make up for all those dates you cancelled."
"I'm doing something I'm really good at and something I really love now. If you were doing the same you'd know that you couldn't pass up these opportunities."
"And if you were in my place you'd feel as if the other person is cutting you out of their life."
"But I'm not. I'm just..."
"I know it's just hard not seeing you a lot ever since you started photographing."
"What am I suppose to do? We've been together for 8 months and despite all the cancellations we still make it."
"Yes we do. I just can't handle how you choose your career over me all the time."
"What is that suppose to mean?"
"I'm just saying I can't deal with your career right now."
"You don't support me at all?"
"I-I don't know."
"You don't know? Aren't you happy for me? I was happy for you even when you had to keep cancelling because you were training for your games. I supported you all the way can't you do the same for me?"
"......" he didn't answer.
"Thanks for the support." I said sarcastically.
"Look I just don't like the fact that I can't see my girl anymore."
"And I don't like the fact that my guy doesn't support me."
"When can I see you?"
"I don't know. Dad got me another...."
He cut me off. "Nevermind. I'm never going to see you again with all these jobs you're receiving."
"You just need be patient."
"I think I've been patient long enough."
"Are you telling me to give up on my career?"
"I just want my girlfriend back." he hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment & subscribe. :)