Status: Revamping. You Follow the progress over at (thehushyaelprojectDOTtumblrDOTcom). I will be posting frequently there as I work on this story again. It may take sometime.

Hush, Yael

Fighting Fate

Krys crouched behind a barrel as the city guards ran past glaring at the snow leopard beside her. Yael snarled quietly, and glanced at Krys angrily, his purple eyes growing a shade darker, almost darker than her own purple eyes.

"You just had to open your mouth. We could have sneaked past if you hadn't opened your mouth..." growled Yael in Krys's mind.

"Yeah it was MY fault that the guard heard you cough.." Krys mumbled, ignoring Yael's miffed look.

"And why did I cough..?" Yael countered.

Krys snorted, and shifted right there to a mangy looking dog. Krys smiled, a strange sight on a dog but none the less, she smiled, it felt good to shift after so long. It wasn't flashy, nor did she shed her clothes. It was just a simple change, it was like you blinked to fast or you looked away for just a second. Guardian magic was strange.

The Guardians, an anchient race of demons that used to rule Veringard, only back then they were just Guards. They harnessed the magic of the land in ways other demons could not. They could manifest elements, even control them. Then they were almost wiped out, not entirely but enough to harm the demons, but some of them still remain, some are still out there fighting.

Yael shook his pelt and shifted into a wolf, he should be left alone now, plus he would fit in more than any snow leopard would. Altough wolves were feared in most cites around Veringard, so maybe not. Veringard was the island they were on, it span thousands of square miles, covering some of the arctic North and warmer South.

Krys rolled her eyes at Yael and proceeded to trot down the street, looking for a safe way out of the city, while also trying to look like a stray just out patrolling. Yael was a bit more obvious, a wolf just doesn't go unnoticed. People would gasp or stop and just stare, some even ran screaming.

"Can you be anymore obvious Yael?! These people are making me itch!" Krys snapped at Yael, and she felt him wince mentally, Sometimes she wasn't sure who was the Guardian, her or the 200 pound cat that acted like a kitten.

Krys caught a glimpse of a guard and glanced back at Yael, she was worried, they always managed to spot them, these guarsds. Then again, it is usually hard to hide a young woman with purple eyes that has a arctic animal following her everywhere, but they were disguised now. Should protect them right? But it didn't when they came after her and her parents. Krys winced as she remembered the day her parents where killed because of what she was...

"Mom! Look Yael just shifted again!" yelled a younger Krys, excited because her Guardian was developing his powers, that meant her were next! Right? That's how it worked, the Guardian was always the first to manifest there powers then the partner, but most Guardians don't shapeshift, so who knows.

"What..?" asked her mom worried, "He..shifted...?"

Krys noticed her mom's hands shaking, "Mom..? It's okay, we're thirteen now... Isn't it normal to manifest powers around this age..?"

Yael and Rashel, a Guard or unbonded Guardian and Yael's sister, walked up and sat beside Krys. Yael feeling her distress, nudged her arm. He meowed softly, wondering what was wrong. Their bond was strengthening, why wasn't her mom happy?They could sense each other's emotions a lot easier now. This was good right?

Her mom stood up and paced, "This isn't good....Where is David? This isn't good..." she muttered, pacing back and forth, back and forth.

Rashel yowled, and followed Sandra with her green eyes. Yael purple eyes where fixed on the door. His hackles rose and he growled loudly, standing in front of Krys protectively.

"There is someone coming..." he spoke to everyone, projecting his thoughts easily.

There was banging at the door, and everyone jumped except Yael, who just tried to not look so smug, "Open!" Krys's father yelled.

Sandra run over and hurridly opened the door revealing a disheveled David. He stumbled in gasping for breath and looking around.

"David! What is going on?!" asked Sandra frantically.

"Krys has her power's right? They aren't normal, are they?" When Sandra shook her head sadly, he continued, "We had always hoped her eye color was a fluke? It obviously wasn't, and the Brothers are coming for her...they know. We need to go..."

Krys sat there in disbelief, "The Brothers want me for what Dad...?"

David looked around frantically, "They could be here any minitue! We need to go!"

"Too late David..." spoke a young man, he entered the home, with a huge black wolf with red eyes. "We need your daughter..." he growled, as did his wolf.

David sneered at him, and stood in front of Krys, "Never...Not while I still have a heartbeat!"
"Fair enough..." whispered, before he and his wolf lunged.

Krys screamed and lunged for her mom to save her, but Yael grabbed her sleeve pulling her away. Krys tried to struggle free, but Yael tugged harder. She looked at her Guardian's eyes, and saw the remorse there for his sister. She knew then they would have to leave... no matter what...


Krys lost her parents, and Yael his sister. They had to run, and so they have for the past six years, and they can't stop, not until the Brothers are gone..

Krys was jolted out of her memory, by Yael yipping. She glanced around worried that they were about to be captured, but instead she saw Yael running for the city gates. Elated, she ran after him. She barked at a horse that had narrowly missed stepping on her. She ran past Yael, who had waited for her by the city gates after he had got out, never looking back. After a while they came to a rest on a hill, both panting heavily. They had made it through another day, and through another city. Krys was the first to shift back. She stretched feeling her muscles line up like they should. Yael chuckled then stretched as well, shifting back. She smiled at her Guardian and motioned that they should continue walking.

Krys noticed it was nearing night and she motioned to Yael that they should go inside a grove beside the road. They sat down in a clearing inside the grove. Krys flopped over, groaning from her aching body. Five years on the run did not help with the aches.

"Let's sleep here tonight..." whispered Krys, groaning again.

Yael nodded and walked over to Krys curling up around her protectivly. Krys smiled and stroked his head. They soon fell asleep to the sound of the night around them.
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT:: Okay, so I have come back and added some info and took some out. Mostly I just tried to kinda let you guys know what is going on in a bit of a more constructive way. Also, if anyone would like to beta for me, PM me please. I need one... lol

I feel like this sucks, but I am proud of it. The Guardians will be explained later. Goodnight all. :3 I plan to update this reguarly on Tuesdays, so expect another update then!
Please comment and subscribe!

xoxo you favorite elf, Tori.