Status: Active

If I Was Young, I'd Flee This Town. I'd Bury My Dreams Underground.

Ten

I stopped singing and he continued. Even with his intoxicated state his voice still sounded like velvet. It cut through the cool night air like a knife. The timbre of his voice gave me a slight chill, and I knew it was from his voice, not from the air. I just listened. That's all I could do. I felt his hands twitch, like most people's hands usually do on occasion. I had the biggest smile on his face when through the whole song. I watched his lips form the words and still intently listened. My eyes continually drifted from his lips to his eyes, watching his facial expressions change with each phrase he sang. Sometimes he would look serious, and other times he laughed while singing.

When he finally sang the last note his eyes found my face on last time. He then kept one hand on my own and pulled for another beer, this his third and my second. Oh God, this was going to be one hell of a night.

With my free hand I took the cold, sweating, can and opened it, taking a big gulp. Zach did the same with his and then just smiled.

"Say, where'd you get this stuff anyway?" I asked him taking another sip.

"Oh," he said while giving a small chuckle, "I know a guy."

I just laughed, and soon Zach started to laugh with me. Laughing with someone is always better than laughing alone. This night seemed perfect. I really don't think anything could make it better. I was with a great guy, some alcohol, and in a secluded place. How could this possibly get better? The only thing that could make it better if it was a tiny bit warmer, but I can't complain.

After our laughing fit was over he just looked at me. His face was serious and his eyes looked like two glass marbles painted with blue, both from the alcohol and from the reflection of the moonlight.

I moved my feet around on the concrete and looked down. His gaze was hard to ignore, but I felt the need to. I felt Zach's hand gently snake under my chin and he lifted my face to meet his eyes. He placed his hand on my cheek and gently moved his thumb in a rotation. Why? I'm not quite sure.

He brought his face closer to mine, and trust me, on the inside I was freaking out. Although on the outside I probably had the stupidest look on my face. I was basically awe-struck. I was hypnotized by his gaze upon my face.

He just stayed like that, he just looked at me. His eyes scanned my face, going from my eyes, to my forehead, to my nose, to my lips, and then back to my eyes. The alcohol must have really got to him. There was about five inches of space between us.

Suddenly he removed his hand from my face and muttered, "Sorry, I got a little distracted."

I smiled, "It's ok."

Once again, laughter erupted from both of us and we both drank more beer. Soon enough we went through one whole six pack, and opening the other. Zach wasn't really that drunk, he just seemed really happy. He probably drank way more than I did, which meant he probably had more tolerance than me. Oh well.

Eventually we finished both six packs. I was for sure, just drunk. I looked up at him and he looked a little fuzzy. I suddenly felt tired. I yawned and Zach took note of this.

"Wanna go to bed soon?" he asked me.

"Mhhm," I said about to nod off right there.

He suddenly got up and ran back to the car yelling, "I'll be back!"

I saw him open the trunk and pull out something large, it looked like a blanket. Oh God, that sounded great right about now. He walked back to me at the beat up picnic table with what did turn out to be a blanket.

"There's the ground, or this picnic table. Or the car, but that's no fun. Besides, the stars are beautiful tonight. " Zach said looking up at the sky.

I looked up at the stars and you could see every single little one. It was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"The ground works, or this table." I said getting up and laying on the table. Part of my feared that it was going to give in at any moment. He came over to the table and sat down on top of it, then putting part of the blanket over me and then laying down next to me and pulling the rest over himself.

The table did make a God awful noise when he lied down but I think it can hold. I looked up at the stars, their beauty in the moonlight overthrew me. I looked over at Zach and rolled on his side to face me. Once again with his hair a mess, he still looked completely and utterly beautiful.

"What's running through your pretty little head right now?" he asked me smiling.

"How perfect this night is." I said. Maybe alcohol brought out my honesty.

He smiled at me and placed his hand on my shoulder, "I'm glad you're having a good time."

I also then rolled on my side to face him, he then snaked his arms around me, and the next thing I knew, I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
HA! I bet you thought they were going to kiss or something!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Oh well. I have school tomorrow and it's 11:29 pm. I have to wake up at 6:30.
Eh, nothing a little coffee can't fix.
Goodnight! (: