Status: Active

If I Was Young, I'd Flee This Town. I'd Bury My Dreams Underground.

Two

I looked at him one last time before grinning like the Cheshire cat and sprinting to my small apartment. I figured I would need some clothes. So I packed the first thing I saw into a black simple book bag, grabbed my camera, some money, my cell phone, any other things I needed, and left.

I felt ecstatic. Maybe something good could come from this. Maybe I could discover something. Maybe I could rediscover myself.

I hoped that I could get to know that beautiful boy who always sat along the road or by a car just caressing the strings in a way that created beautiful music that made my soul fly. In a good way. Just the way his fingers danced across the instrument. The way his voice blended so nicely with the timbre of the ukulele. I swear, that man sold his soul to the devil to have the voice of the angels. It's so beautiful. It was just so perfect. His voice was just so strong, so powerful. It seemed as he could move a mountain with his his voice alone. His talking voice was just soothing to my ears. I could just listen to him talk all day.

I walked calmly back to the spot where Zach was sitting still playing the tiny Portuguese string instrument. The ukulele isn't originally from Hawaii. It was invented by the Portuguese and brought to Hawaii. Most people consider it Hawaiian, I consider it Portuguese.

He looked at me and gave me a calm, humble smile.

"Ready to go?" he asked before opening the back door for me to put my stuff in.

"Ready as I'll ever be, " I relied. Rebelling was never my thing to do, but this could be fun. Plus, I've always wanted to travel. Leaving New Mexico is something I've always wanted to do. I've never really felt at home here. There's tourists everywhere and it's just always busy. I can't stand it half of the time.

I got into the small but cozy car with him and let my worries go. I didn't know this man very well but I felt it deep inside or me that I could trust him. He seemed so humble and caring about people. It made me feel good.

I looked out the window into Blaine's yard and I saw him sitting there with a disappointed look on his face. Blaine is my best friend, but he can't control who I do and do not hang out with. It made me slightly angry that he would try and tell me who I could hang out with. I didn't know he was suddenly my mother. Besides, I'm eighteen fucking years old, I don't need someone telling me what to do.

"So what made you decide to come with a crazy kid like me on a road trip?" He asked me while slowly pulling out from the street side.

"I've always wanted to travel. I've never been outside of New Mexico. It's sad, and I guess a part of me just trusts you," I replied with a small smile.

He looked at me and smiled back. His smile was just one of pure joy. He looked peaceful. The smile he wore just looked sculpted into his face. It made him look even more beautiful than before.

Him and the smile on his face replied, "I guess part of my trusts you too. Let's get to know each other a little, shall we?"

With those words flowing off his lips, he drove off of out street and into the warm New Mexican day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've spent the last three hours writing this and listening to Beirut.
It's now 1:41am.
Goodnight. I need some fucking sleep.