Status: Active

If I Was Young, I'd Flee This Town. I'd Bury My Dreams Underground.

Four

I put the thought of seeing Blaine's car aside and focused on where I was. I was with Zach. Oh, boy this made me ecstatic. This man was so lovely. I looked at his hands resting on the steering wheel. They looked sweet, like they could tell stories. You could see some veins popping out of his arms.

I looked up at his face to see the usual calm, smiley, messy haired boy. I looked at his eyes while they focused on the road. They were a pale blue-grey color. They looked like part of the ocean had taken shape in his eyes.

I looked out the window and saw the passing cars and smiled. I wondered if they were like me in any way. I wondered if they wanted to just leave their town like Zach and I did.

"So," he said, bringing me back to reality, "tell me more about yourself."

He smiled a warm smile that made me melt on the inside. I thought about my words I would say. "Well, I guess I'm just Caitrin. I'm a simple person. I was born and raised in Sante Fe. I don't like it there. It's too full of tourists and it doesn't feel like home."

"Caitrin, I know the feeling," he replied. I thought to myself, Hmm. I could get used to him saying my name.

I smiled. "At least someone does."

I felt better knowing that someone else felt the same way. I'm glad that I was finally leaving. I'm still young, I can still flee this town.

I continued. "I'm just me. I'm awkward. I'm a day dreamer. I have trouble sleeping, and I listen to too much music for my own good."

I looked over at him and he was looking me dead in the eye. He chuckled cutely and said, "I promise, you are not alone on that one. I day dream a lot too, maybe that's why I find music and writing fascinating. It's an escape."

His eyes flickered back to the road, and his hands were still ever so slightly touching the steering wheel. Just enough to keep the car from going astray.

"Well, thank you Zach. I feel extremely less alone now." I said as his eyes came back to meet mine.

"I'm glad," he said wile playfully punching me in the shoulder. Even just that slight touch made my stomach feel like it was full of excited hedgehogs. Yes, I just said hedgehogs.

I looked back to the back seat and saw his ukulele. "Mind if I try your uke?"

"Nah, go ahead," he replied.

I reached back and picked up the little concert size ukulele. I experimented with different strings and frets while he chuckled at every sound I created.

"When we stop sometime I could teach you." he said.

"Really? You would teach me?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's an amazing instrument. I'd love to teach you." He replied with once again, another smile.

I smiled right along with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I seriously will write into all hours of the night and morning.
Luckily this time it's only 1:09 am.
My friend Hannah is drawing me with Zach Condon.
OMG. OMG. I LOVE HER.
Hahaha, Rebecca love, it's your turn to create the next chapter. (wherenocarsgo)