Status: Active

If I Was Young, I'd Flee This Town. I'd Bury My Dreams Underground.

Six

I think he was going over the chords required to play the song when I just looked at him. I looked at him with just a smile. My eyes flickered to his lips and then back to his eyes.

Woah Caitrin, no. No. No. No. You do not want to kiss him. You barely know him.

I looked back to the long slender fingers and the calm but lovely voice explaining me how to play the song. He brought me back to reality when he said, "Want to try?"

"Uh... yeah." I said still clearly in a daze.

He handed the ukulele to me across the small 50's style checkerboard table. I put my fingers down on the fingering he showed me for an F chord and I attempted to hammer onto the top string on the second fret. It made a noise, but it buzzed.

I took my left hand off of the neck and looked at my index finger, there was a small pink indent on my finger where the string had been.

I put my hand back on the small string instrument. I realized how warm it had been from his lovely hands being on it. I kept playing the F chord and the hammer ons and offs until I got them down and then switched to the A chord. I liked this little instrument. It made me happy. Well, being here in this little restaurant with Zach made me happy.

"Good, " he said softly, "you're picking this up quickly. Have you ever played a string instrument before?"

"Yeah," I replied, "I used to play guitar."

"Ah, awesome. My dad was a guitarist. He wanted me to be one. You see though, I broke my left wrist when I was fourteen and I had surgery on it when I was seventeen." He said while showing me the long scar on his arm.

"Also, the fact if I line up my elbows one wrist it incredibly shorter than the other," he said while doing so.

I looked at his arms. They were still nice despite his odd two different length arms.

"And I can't reach around guitar necks, I don't have the normal flexibility as most people." he replied with a calm tone in his voice.

"Ah, I see. That's actually rather interesting. Kind of... cute." I said while not really paying attention to my words.

"Glad you think so," he replied with a huge grin on his face.

The waitress came back with our coffee and took our orders. When our food came we continued to talk. This man was so beautiful. Something inside of me feels like I've known him for years and years. I could definitely get used to this.

+

After we finished eating we went back into his car and we took off down the road.

"I love how we don't even know where we're going." He said with a smile.

"Same, and I like this. To be honest, I like being with you." I think I blushed a little while saying that.

He smiled, "Well, I like being here with you too."

I grabbed his ukulele from the back seat and started playing the song he taught me. I played while he drove and he just listened and smiled when I started to play the song fluently.

One time I played the whole thing all the way through correctly with no mistakes.

"Think you can do that again?" he asked me.

"I think so."

"Go at it."

I started out the beginning riff and soon he started to sing. His voice took me away in it's beauty. His voice sounded like complete velvet with the sound of the ukulele. They combined to make the most beautiful symphony ever.

He sang while I played. I wanted to hear his voice constantly. It was so powerful, so gorgeous. When he stopped singing I continued playing the outro and finally played the last and final note.

We both got the most infinite grin on our faces.

"You have the most beautiful voice Mr. Condon." I said sincerely.

"Well thank you. You are the fastest ukulele learner I've ever seen."

I looked into his eyes and smiled for about the thousandth time today.

"I feel infinite," I said.

"I think I know how you feel," he said.

"I'm glad someone does," I replied.

With that he drove down the highway. Once again I thought I saw Blaine's car in the rear view mirror.
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY FREAKING CHRISTMAS.
And in honor of Christmas look here.
Isn't he lovely?