Status: Active

If I Was Young, I'd Flee This Town. I'd Bury My Dreams Underground.

Eight

Zach slowly but calmly pulled the car to the side of the dusty, and still abandoned highway. I put my hands on the dashboard. I felt a wave of nausea hit me like a title wave. "I think I might be sick," I muttered to Zach.

He but his hand on my back once again to comfort me. "It's going to be alright. Even if Blaine is here you have me."

Some of the nausea subsided and I felt an overwhelming calmness come over me. Wow, just from one person's touch, it made me feel a lot better. I looked in the rear view mirror again and I saw Blaine's car pull up behind us, with Blaine in the car.

Oh shit, here comes the nausea again.

Blaine got out of his car and walked quickly, but surely to Zach's car. He came over to my side and ripped open the door dragging me out. "Blaine!" I screamed, "What the hell are you doing?" The small profanity made me cringe but I needed emphasis here. What the hell was this guy trying to do to me?!

"I'm taking you home with me!" he shouted back with his hand digging into my arm. I saw Zach run after me as Blaine tried to get me into his passenger seat.

Zach looked furious, "What are you doing with her?"

Blaine looked Zach in the eyes, and man, if looks could kill. "I'm taking her back home with me where she belongs!"

"I came here on my own, I'm an adult Blaine! I can do whatever I want!" I screamed at him while he held me against the small beat up car of his. Zach grabbed my arm gently, but forcefully and pulled me away from Blaine.

"She's mine," Blaine said grabbing my other arm away from Zach.

"Technically, she's her parents." Zach snapped back gently pulling me toward him while Blaine kept a hold of my other arm. Damnit I felt like a tug-of-war toy.

"Blaine! Just leave!" I screamed at him while pulling away from Blaine and going over towards Zach, "When I come home we can talk about this. Although I doubt I'll even want to talk to you after whatever the hell this stunt is you pulled. I want to be here with Zach! I'm an adult for Christ's sake. I don't need your supervision!"

Zach put his arm protectively around me as we ran back to the car and Blaine got in his and drove off speeding down the highway. I was beyond mad, I was furious. Why the hell would Blaine do this? I know he doesn't like me talking to Zach, but it's my life. I can do whatever I want.

Zach snapped me out of my internal monologue when his voice suddenly said, "Caitrin... I know you're not okay. I'm not even going to ask if you are."

I looked at him and I just started crying. I don't know why I did, it just happened. At first I just say that facing Zach in the passenger seat and the next thing I knew I was just wrapped in his arms and just crying. We were just like that for God only knows how long.

I just cried and he just comforted me, it was the greatest feeling in the world. I usually never cry, but what the hell? My best friend tried to tear me away from someone I wanted to be around. Why? I mean, Zach isn't a bad guy. At all. Honestly, he's one of the most beautiful people I've ever met.

He held me for a little while longer, I was still crying. Why couldn't I stop? I thought to myself. He started singing softly in my ear, some language I couldn't comprehend. It sounded like French, but then it didn't. I think it might be Portuguese. Whatever the language, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.

Eventually I calmed down and I sat up and realized what happened. I looked at the position Zach was in and realized our bodies were just intertwined fully stretched out over the drivers and passengers seats. I smiled to myself in my head. I liked being that close to him. I also giggled in my head. I got really dizzy for a moment, but from that little moment of pure joy when you first start to develop a thing called a crush on someone.

What? Crush? No. Never mind.

I looked at Zach and he had the biggest smile on his face. His hair was a mess, but it suited him divinely. I think his hair looked better messy than brushed and perfect. God, this boy was beautiful.

"Better now?" He asked with the same joyful smile.

I smiled back, "Yes."

"I'm glad." he said pulling me close to him and hugging me again. I breathed in his scent once again. I couldn't put into words how he smelt. He just smelled like Zach should.

I looked out the window and saw that it was getting dark. I thought about it, and I wasn't really tired, at all. He must have read my mind when he said, "It's getting dark, but I'm not tired at all."

"Neither am I." I said. I was glad about our agreement on not being tired, we can sleep when we're dead.

"Hmm, do you drink?" he asked me with a devilish grin and a wink. Well, I think it was a wink, it could have possibly been a strange eye twitch that just looked like a wink.

"On occasion." I said, "Why?"

"Oh, just wondering. Follow me," he said getting out of the car and walking around to the trunk. I stood in the cool night air and he opened the trunk. There was two six packs of beer.

"Ah, now I see why." I said with a smile.

"We could drink if you like, but not here. I've seen a few cops pass here. Some place secluded would be better." He said with a smile and walking back to the front of the car.

I usually ever drank. Maybe this could be fun. "Sure. I'd like that." I said playfully punching him in the shoulder.

He smiled back and pulled the car off the side of the road and drove into the still dusty, but cool New Mexican night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER. SO MUCH.
Here's Zach Condon singing in Portuguese.
It's so beautiful.
And here is him singing in Turkish.
SO BEAUTIFUL.
Ok, well since like, no one reads this, whoever is reading this, please comment. Or subscribe. Or something. I will literally love you forever if I you do.