Status: i'm a shitty updater

Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm

I lost my heart, my home is the ocean.

"Don't you feel that when you get high you're visiting an old friend? its like you take the journey there and then once there, your like 'Oh yes, I remember how this feels. I love you old friend. You make me so happy.' And then you just chill with your old friend and have a great time reminiscing and doing funny shit..."

"Also, high is such a good word to describe being high. Like, you literally feel elevated and you're surveying the whole scene. Taking in the spectacle..."

It's Friday night and I'm sitting beside my best friend Tilly Reign, lazily watching her take a bong hit. I let out a comfortable sigh as everything around me felt safe, secure, and stress free. I wondered if this was how Tilly always felt. That chick was never pulling her hair out for anything. She was always calm, cool, and collected. I figured I should call her CCC from now on, but the third C would be silent. This thought made me laugh from my nose.

I'm neither a very stressed person, nor very care free. I was a comfortable balance. Then, there was my other closest friend, Harlow Davies. Can I just point out that we all have super-duper rockstar names.Ladies and gentlemen! Boy and girls! Now is the main event you've all been waiting for. The band you all love! Here is... Tilly Reign, Harlow Davies, and Sybelle Grey! Fucking rad.

Anyways, Davies is basically Tilly and my mother away from home. She takes care of us. She makes sure we have enough food in our fridge, she makes sure the laundry gets done, she makes sure if the guys we date are good enough for us. Everything.

"Ugh, could you potheads go easy on the smoking." It wasn't a question. "I could smell the weed all the way down on the fifth floor." Speaking of the devil! Davis swept in with her usual ballerina grace with a light pink flowing skirt trailed behind her feet as she set herself in the kitchen. Probably getting ready to make dinner.

"If the smell if that strong that means we're doin' something right, eh! Plus, It's a celebration. We can do whatever the fuck we want!" Tilly said as she pushed herself off the couch and skipped her way into where Harlow was standing, with myself in behind. "Right, Belle?"

"Sorry. What? I was paying attention to how hungry I am..."

Harlow watched us intensely. For Tilly and myself, we probably thought we looked mostly normal. Then I thought about how Davies was seeing us. Red-eyes half closed, funny smirks from trying to hold in giggles. This only made me crack a wide smile and let out a bark of laughter. I guessed Tilly was thinking the same thing as well since she was only the floor holding her stomach.

"Yep. You two are finished for tonight."

"Oh, c'mon. Tilly passed her Psychology exam or whatever! That is a huge deal. We need to celebrate more." I whined.

"Would you like food or not?" Davies scolded us like we where her children. As I made my point clear earlier, we pretty much where her children. Tilly and I stayed silent. Watching Harlow do whatever.

"Do you know what I thought would have never, ever happen?"

"What?"

"My two best friends not being able to use their super powers." This made Harlow crack a smile.

"So you knew that you'd have two best friends with super human abilities, Tilly?"

"Well, of course! I wished it on my seventh birthday."

I listened to the conversation from the bathroom and washed my face free of makeup and dirt from the day. Yawning and rubbing my itchy eyes, I stumbled towards my bed and fell face first into pillows.

I vaguely remember Tilly and Harlow talk about job hunting before I passed out completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. First chapter and I started this December 22nd 2011...
Characters are in the character section box thing. I have no plot what-so-ever for this story. I'm just going with the flow and I hope you're happy to join the ride. (:
Thank you for reading, xx,