Status: i'm a shitty updater

Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm

I will fall asleep.

I rubbed my sore shoulder trying to message the pain away, but I'm sure all I did was make it worse. The bandage wrapped around it was not very nice and it was wrapped so tight that I was sure it was cutting off my blood flow. I was thankful for the big comfy chair I was able to sit in as Davies and I waited for 'The Others' to arrive. Davies kept referring 'The Others' as 'The Others', which I don't understand why because she could just explain to me who they even where. I felt like I was in the TV show Lost; I was really fucking confused, hungry, and irritated. I wanted answers. I watched a handful of people run around, checking computers and hollering out numbers at one another. They all had the same spandex onesie as Davies.

"These will help with the pain," said a voice as they quietly sat beside me and slid two white pills on the table in my direction. I looked at the medication, then at the face who gave them to me. The guy looked harmless. He looked really tried and had grey streaks in his dark, curly hair. He also had wrinkles and a kind smile. That's probably what they want me to think. I bet I'm in a room full of secret agents and this is a test. "It's just Tylenol and codeine." What kind of lame test was this? I looked behind me to find Davies watching us quizzically. I didn't like this new Harlow. It was weird and unnerving.

"Its fine. You can take the pills. He's a doctor."

"In a sense," he added with a small chuckled. I just sighed and swallowed the pills dry. I lay my head on the table letting my hair shield my face from the light.

"Harlow? Do you know why I was shot?"

"There are a few theories."

"You know who did it?"

"We know who the person works for."

"Oh. You catch him?"

"Yes. He is in questioning at the moment. That is why no one is here at the moment."

I felt as if Harlow didn't want me to know this or she wasn't telling me everything. She was probably trained that way. "Are you an agent for some secret organization?" I lifted my head and turned my body to look at her. Harlow was pokerfaced. Analyzing me. It sucked knowing she knew absolutely everything about me, but I felt as if I don't know Harlow at all. Not anymore. She was tiptoeing around me and I didn't appreciate it. Davies probably thought she was doing good for me.

"Yes."

Before I could say anymore a group of people walked through the door. The first person I saw was Tilly, but that was because she ran toward my with arms wide open and enveloped me in a big hug. "I was so worried about you! The bastard who attacked you is on lockdown so he wont be able to come near you at all." I gave a small smile for Tilly. When she released me I ran my fingers through her messy bangs and did the same gesture for the rest of her hair that resembled a rats nest. When I was done, she plopped down in the seat beside me and rolled her eyes. "Thanks, mom."

"That was a touching moment, but we really need to get down to business. What we know is that The Scarlet Witch, as she is named, was driven mad by years of psychological torment, by her own father and then by the death of her, possibly imaginary, children, then this crazy decided to go on a killing spree that claimed the lives of at least four of our best agents in S.H.E.I.L.D, and wanting to go a step further, casted spell of a reality altering that left around 200 mutants permanently powerless. Anybody have any idea of stoping this lunatic?"

The man speaking spoke fairly quickly by his dress attire and the way he strutted around the table with his hands folded behind his back, I assumed he liked the attention. I looked at his face, he looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place his face from where I would have seen him.

"To be blunt, which I really don't want to be with you at the moment, Sy, but..." Tilly leaned towards me and spoke into my ear so that she wouldn't disrupt the conversation,"Scarlet Which is hunting down mutants and either taking away their powers or killing those she sees as a threat."

I laughed through my nose and raised my eyebrows. I reclined into my chair as lightheadedness and drowsiness from the medication that took over.

"Is there anything funny about this situation, Miss. Grey?"

My heart felt like it dropped. I hated making first bad impressions.I also didn't like that I came to terms with that these people knew a lot about me, and I didn't know them. I flickered my eyes towards the firm voice.

It was apparent that the person who spoke to me was sitting directly across from me. His blue eyes screamed frustration and this skin between his eyebrows crinkled while he waited for my answer. It was silent between the group. I felt like a deer in headlights. I pulled myself towards the edge of my chair and brought my hands in front of me, sitting straight.

"No, well... yes. Tilly was explaining to me that this... Which person is targeting and specifically killing mutants who are a recognizable threat. This person sent someone to shoot me in the head. She sees me as a threat. I can barley use my ability on myself, so how can she label me as a danger." My eye fluttered close for few seconds. I felt myself slouch from the medication, then I quickly picked myself back up using the energy I could muster up.

I looked at the doctor beside me to see that he was already look at me. "Are you sure what you gave me was tylenol and codeine?" he just grinned at me and nodded his head.

"I assume you know Professor Charles Xavier," another knew voice, how surprising. This time, it was an older gentleman who was suited up in all black with a long leather trench coat, and he wore an eyepatch. The eye I could see was as black a coal and full of anger.

"Yes. He wanted to recruit me to his school of mutants about seven years back. He was nice." I was fifteen when a bald man in a wheelchair and a very pretty African-American woman with white hair came to my house. They explain who they where and why they where there. They were both very nice people, sometimes I wish I had accepted their offer for me.

"He was nice. He's dead. Charles Xavier didn't just go to any students house to ask if they want to go to a mutant school, if he person wanted to take you in, you are someone special."

"Oh, my God," I groaned into my hands. How do you expect me to handle this information as this moment in time! Jesus Christ these people loved to get right to the point. Why did they think I need this information after being shot at and given drugs to help cope with the pain. I probably wouldn't even remember this tomorrow morning. "I just want go home," I said into my hands.

"You're not leaving this aircraft for a while, Sy. It's too dangerous. I'll be here as well though, waiting with you until everything is figured out." Tilly said as she took a hand of mine in hers and squeezed it, trying to comfort me. I sighed and lay my arm onto the table and rested my head, not wanting to cope with anything and sleep for eternity.
♠ ♠ ♠
So since I'm spanning out the chapters by lyrics, there will be at least seventeen chapters.
How am I doing so far? (: