Status: i'm a shitty updater

Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm

I'll close my eyes and dream of days when I wasn't all alone.

I was at my aunt's house, sleeping over. I was safely in bed, the window open to let in a cool breeze. It was dark outside, the occasional sound of the nighttime critter or bat fluttering past. I could vaguely see the deck beyond my little realm of light that came from the adjacent rooms. The curtains were blowing over me from the wind, tossing little featherlight touches, comforting my body. I was just about to fall asleep when there was a loud crunch outside.

I sighed heavily, holding my breath afterwards, waiting for another loud sound. I had anticipated it was just an animal outside, until I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around slowly, hopeful that whomever was outside could not see me in the darkness. There was heavy breathing outside that I had heard, forcing me to keep holding my breath in order to remain out of their radar. The footsteps continued; I could see a tall figure beyond on the other side of the porch, staring out into the darkness.

It turned around, facing me, and all of a sudden it was at my window, the face nearly pressed up against the screen. "I can hear your breathing," he whispered into the screen. My eyes bulged, and I let out my breath slowly. The voice continued. "I can see you. Come out with me, I won't hurt you," he stated this time a little louder.


That’s when I woke up. I could feel the air being sucked out from my body, the atmosphere becoming more and more tight. I struggled out from under the blanket covers, and once I was able to I pulled on a robe that was left folded on a chair. I looked towards the glowing, digital clock that read two-thirty six. "Christ," I sighed and made my way towards the small bathroom. I flicked on the lights and hurriedly washed my face with warm water. I rubbed my face with a rough cloth and made my way out of the room.

The hallways where very bright and there where just as many people running around than earlier in the afternoon. I absentmindedly wandered the aircraft and suddenly thankful that Tilly lent me her clothes so that I wouldn't have to walk around half naked. The medication hit me so much harder than what I was use to that I totally K.O'd during half of the meeting.

The aircraft suddenly took a quick drop and rumbled. It seemed that I was the only one who gasped and clung onto the nearest stable object, the handful of people around walked passed me without the lightest hint of hesitation or surprise which made me blush. I really hoped that whoever was behind the security camera wasn't laughing at me.

"Even the best airship in the world can get shaken by the unsteady movement of air. You get use to the turbulence." I quickly let go of the handle and spun around and faced a man with exceptionally nice hair.

"I guess you're finding this situation pretty funny, huh?" I mumbled and really tried to not make an even bigger fool out of myself then I already had, but that was honestly impossible since it was first nature to make an idiot of myself.

"To bed frank, yes. And refreshing. It isn't everyday that I find someone on this plan who actually shows a little bit of emotions."

As he talked I couldn't help but let my eyes delicately cruise across the man's body. I did feel a little ashamed that I was already ogling over a gentleman's, ugh, strong physical makeup... How could I be blamed though. The shirt he was wearing was defiantly two sizes too small.

"Steve Rogers," he said and put out his hand.

Without skipping a beat(Yes! Someone give me a gold star.), I gave Steve my hand as well and shook his hand with a firm grasp,"Sybelle Grey."

***********************


BRUCE BANNER:
Bruce Banner, a physicist, is emotionally withdrawn in most fashions. Banner designed the gamma bomb which caused his affliction, and the ironic twist of his self-inflicted fate has been one of the most persistent common themes. Banner lives in a constant state of panic, always wary that the monster - The Hulk- inside him will erupt, and therefore he can’t form meaningful bonds with anyone.

THOR:
Thor possesses a very high resistance to physical injury that approaches invulnerability. Thor has also shown the ability to regenerate wounded portions of his body. Thor has superhuman speed, agility, and reflexes, enabling him to deflect bullets with his hammer. As the Norse god of Thunder, Thor can summon the elements of the storm (lightning; rain; wind; snow) and uses Mjolnir as a tool to focus this ability, although the hammer cannot command artificial weather, only natural. He can cause these weather effects all over the world and destroy entire buildings; by whirling his hammer he can also lift entire buildings with the wind.

TONY STARK:
A billionaire playboy, industrialist and ingenious engineer, Anthony Edward "Tony" Stark suffers a severe chest injury during a kidnapping in which his captors attempt to force him to build a weapon of mass destruction. He instead creates a powered suit of armor to save his life and escape captivity. He later uses the suit to protect the world as Iron Man. Through his corporation ― Stark Industries ― Tony has created many military weapons, some of which, along with other technological devices of his making, have been integrated into his suit, helping him fight crime.

STEVE ROGERS:
Steve Rogers a.k.a Captain America has no superhuman powers, although as a result of the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed from a frail young man into a "perfect" specimen of human development and conditioning. Captain America's strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the zenith of natural human potential. Rogers' body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off. The formula enhances all of his metabolic functions and prevents the build-up of fatigue poisons in his muscles, giving him endurance far in excess of an ordinary human being. This accounts for many of his extraordinary feats, including bench pressing 1200 pounds and running a mile in 73 seconds.

CLINT BARTON:
Clint Barton was born in Waverly, Iowa. At a young age he lost both of his parents in a car accident. After six years in an orhanage, Clint and his brother Barney ran away to join the Carson Carnival of Travelling Wonders. Clint soon caught the eye of the Swordsman, who took the young boy on as his assistant. The Swordsman trained Clint to become a master archer. Clint later found the Swordsman embezzling money from the carnival. Before he could turn his mentor over to the authorities, Clint was beaten and left for dead, allowing the Swordsman to skip town. Clint adapted his archery skills to become a star carnival attraction, a master archer called "Hawkeye". He spent some time as a member of Tiboldt's Circus, before joining the Coney Island Circus. He witnesses Iron Man in action and is inspired to become a costumed hero. However, after a misunderstanding on his first outing, Hawkeye is accused of theft and believed to be a criminal.

NATALIA ROMANOVA(Also known as Natasha Romanoff):
Romanova's parents were killed in a fire when Romanova was a child. She was saved from death herself by Ivan Petrovitch. A revised, retconned origin establishes her as being raised from very early childhood by the U.S.S.R.'s "Black Widow Ops" program, rather than solely by Ivan Petrovitch. Petrovitch had taken her to Department X, with other young female orphans, where she was brainwashed, and trained in combat and espionage at the covert "Red Room" facility. There, she is biotechnologically and psycho-technologically enhanced—an accounting that provides a rationale for her unusually long and youthful lifespan. Each Black Widow is deployed with false memories to help ensure her loyalty. ***Romanova has discovered this, including the fact that she had never, as she had believed, been a ballerina. She further discovers that the Red Room is still active as "2R".


I was back in my room. Steve had given me the files on the handful of people who where are the table during the meeting yesterday. It was now five-fourty two. There where three more files to catch up on. A file that was labelled: 'AVENGER INITIATIVE'. There was also 'HARLOW DAVIS' and 'SYBELLE GREY'. Chewing my lip, I put the last three files aside and told myself that I would look at those later. I lay back in bed and stared at the ceiling. This was one of the things I couldn't stand with my body. Once I was up, I couldn't get back to sleep. Even after making small talk with Steve and reading for all this time I didn't feel the slightest bit of exhaustion. Sighing and waiting for the time to pass by, I roamed around all of the theories that could happen while living with these people.
♠ ♠ ♠
The information about The Avengers I got from wiki because I was just way too lazy to create my own info. Leave me alone. I'mma lazy bastard.

This was a really bad filler. I'm sorry. :(

Thank you so much for the seven of you who subscribed! That's really, like, REALLY??? You're that interested that you subscribed? Wowza. I must be doing something right then, ahhaaa.
I'll be completely honest with you guys: I'm not always this active with updating stories. I'm so bored with life right now and I have so much time on my hands that I can update this basically whenever I want. lol

Sybelle's outfit