Status: i'm a shitty updater

Don't Fall Asleep at the Helm

Take what is left of me now.

After my meeting with Victor Creed I made my way through the Helicarrier looking for Nick Fury. Well, at the moment I went back towards the hospital wing to clean up a scratch Creed had given me. Once I was done with the interview and admitted that letting him go was never an honest option, he had gotten upset naturally, ripped his hands free of the cuffs and lunged for me through the bars. He was able to get to my arm well enough to cause blood to drip nonstop, but nothing the doctors couldn't handle.

As one of the doctors finished bandaging my arm, I watched as a large group of agents rush towards, who I was assuming, Creed who had probably gotten a wee bit out of control and needed to be tranquillized.

"Miss. Grey?" I yawned and looked at Steven Rogers standing in the entrance of the medical centre. His eyebrows furrowed and he crossed his arm into his hard chest. "What are you doing here?"

I shrugged,"Just a little accident. Nothing out of the usual. What are you up to?"

"Well, I was on my way to help the agents who just passed by. It seems that the fugitive was provoked and became extremely angry. You wouldn't know anything would you?" Steve Rogers arched an eyebrow now and looked sceptically at my arm.

Oh, he totally knew that I had something to do with making Creed upset, but I shook my head anyway and hopped off the table."Whoever did such a thing is probably just someone silly who is bored out of their minds... And wanting answers. Hey, do you know where Nick Fury would be?"

"Yes. As a matter of fact I do. Why?"

"Great. Could you get him for me please? Tell him I need the Avengers assembled to a meeting and it's of extreme importance." I smiled his way and left.

***************************


"The Morlocks are not able to pass as normal due to the physical changes their mutations have faced them with, some of the Morlocks have resided in a community of abandoned, interconnected tunnels beneath Manhattan, which had originally been built as Cold War bomb shelters and then forgotten. The Morlocks were largely a peaceful group but misguided attempts to gain acceptance from the outside world occasionally brought them into conflicts.

These are the people the Scarlet Witch are hunting down, aside from the mutants she finds as a threat. Now, The Marauders are mutant assassins employed by their leader, Scarlet Witch, with the purpose of assassination of other mutants, specifically The Morlocks, and act in unison as a commando strike-force to carry out acts of mass murder.

Victor Creed is apart of this group, but prefers to work alone."

Everybody was seated around the table. Nick Fury stood in the middle of a few computers on either side of him. He was occasionally turn his body to watch the computers on the left side. Having to turn constantly like that looked exhausting. I wondered if he ever threw out his back from turning so quickly. Harlow stood off to the side as usual with a glare that made me feel uncomfortable.

"How did you get this information?" Natasha asked. I looked at her as she looked back me with a hard stare.

"I.... Ugh... I asked Creed." My gaze went over to Tilly who was staring at me with a very disapproved look. I took the time to look at everybody's expression and seemed they all disliked something that I didn't catch. "Victor Creed. Or he goes by his alias Sabretooth. You know? The guy on lockdown? I'm seriously not understanding why you all look so upset. I just got you vital information."

"Information comes second. Your safety comes first. What you did Sybelle was a huge safety risk... Did he do that to you?" Tilly asked, referring to my bandaged arm and continued before I could answer,"That could have been a lot worse, Sy. You need to understand that-"

"No. What you need to understand is that just because I got asked by Charles Xavier himself to join his special school does not make me some ... prodigy. For the past week I have been treated like a kid and it's starting to get friggin' ridiculous. I just have you people some crucial information. What are you going to do with it?"

"Nothing." Nick Fury said immediately afterwards,"This is not our fight. The Avengers have nothing to do with the mutant community. They fight their own battles while we fight ours. The information you just gave us, Miss. Grey, confirms that this is not our physical encounter." He was now turned to face me with the same hard look he gives everyone when something should be left alone. I felt my blood boil and my heart thunder against my ribcage.

"Then why did you help when Creed attacked me? You knew at the time that I was a mutant. You helped then. Why are you not deciding to help now?"

"We helped you because Agent Davis asked us to you."

I nodded my head and looked to the ground."As apart of the Avengers. I asked in all of my desperation to help these mutants."

"As... she's apart... you asked her to join... wait, what?" I lifted my head to see Tony Stark looking between both Fury and myself.

"You never accepted-"

"Well I'm accepting now! As apart of the Avengers Initiative, all I ask is to get these scared, hurt mutants to safety. Please." I looked at everyone around the table. They all adverted their gaze towards their twiddling thumbs. The only one who held my gaze was Steve. He looked torn. He wanted to help me, but he didn't want to go against Fury's rules. "Alright then. Fine." I turned to walk away.

"Where are you going," Fury demanded to know.

I faced him."I'm going to help my people."

"You will do no such thing!" He boomed as I started to walk away again. I stormed through the hallways towards my room and grabbed my items. Then, I hurried over to the hospital wing and sneaked some stuff into my satchel. Just then, there was an alarm that went off and lights that flashed red. I had no doubt in my mind that this was a warning for me. I sighed and and slipped into a crowed of people that seemed to be going exactly where I wanted them to; right outside to the aircrafts. I suddenly thanked Agent Hill for giving me some extra S.H.I.E.L.D clothing.

Once I pinpointed an unused mini aircraft I made a b-line out of the group and sprinted towards it. I pulled down a lever and the ships bottom opened. Once I was in, I threw my satchel to the side and I ran to the front. Staring at the all of the buttons and switches, I pulled my hair up into a half ass bun with a frustrated manner and started looking for a hopeful manual so that I was able to use the damn thing.

"I feel kinda bad that you got this far to only fail."

"Ugh. Shut up, Natasha. I'm thinking." I flipped a switch that turned the AC on.

"Calm down. We only came to help." Natasha came up beside me and pushed me out of the way. I stared at her blankly then looked beside her to see Clint strapping himself in and pressed buttons. I grinned and gave them both an awkward, sideways hug then hurried over to the weapons shelf and looked them over. "We'll be leaving any minute. We're waiting for one more person." Natasha said.

"Really? Who?" I said and strapped a gun to my thigh. Although I had no idea how to use a damn gun, I figured it looked pretty threatening. I secretly hopped for the next person to come aboard to be Harlow. Since we've been on the Helicarrier we haven't really talked much. Or at all, really. Same with Tilly. I guess it would be my fault. I did lock myself in my room for the majority of the time unless Fury wanted me.

"Sorry. I had to get my stuff."

"Steve!" I actually didn't know if it was Steve or not. If it was, his attire basically consisted of the U.S flag that looked a little too tight for his liking and a shield. "You look... very... patriotic." As he walked towards me in his suit I didn't feel like saying patriotic. I felt like saying something that would probably very fairly inappropriate.

"Well, I am Captain America, so." He chuckled a little and stood behind Clint and Natasha who announced they where ready for lift off. Steve reached onto a handle to hang onto.

"Then maybe I should be ... Captain Canuck, yeah? How does that sound?" I smiled.

This time Steve snorted with laughter and said,"Forgive me, but that's extremely cheesy."

I gasped and shoved him.

"Where are we going, Grey?" Natasha asked and slowly lifted into the air. I sat down, unable to handle the sudden sickness I got as the smaller carrier started to take off.

"Uhm, Charles Xaviers school. They need to know I'm up for helping." I nodded and looked back towards the weapons I could bring with me.

"That we're up for helping." Steve corrected while looking out. I felt a sudden, overwhelming feeling of joy. Although I was comfortable with my life, I always felt as if I need to be doing something more.

This was it.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohohohohohoohhhhooooooonnoojikhkjgfgh this story suxxxxs