Pending name...

One week before everything turns into a living nightmare... Jer

“Mom! Tell Dorian to stop pulling on my pigtails!” Emilee yelled as the bright flash of the camera went off, and just as little Zack decided to start crying again.

Their mother sighed in defeat as she stood and turned to her youngest. “Jer, help your sister. Warren, come and help me with Zack. I would LIKE to get a nice family picture but it just doesn’t look like we’re going to.” She turned on her heel and began to walk away with their father behind them.

“C’mere munchkin,” Jer said as he grabbed Do and pulled him away from the pouting Emilee.

“But Jeeeeer,” the little boy whined as Em stuck her tongue out at him.

“Haha,” Em sneered as the boy began to squirm in his older brothers arms to go and get his sister. But Jer made sure to keep a good hold on his so he wouldn’t start annoying Em again and to try and keep their mothers stress level down as much as possible.

But, it was already high and there wasn’t much that any of them could do to not make their mother mad at that point. So there was only one thing to do…

“Sneak attack!!” Jer practically yelled as he let Do go and they both ran over to Emilee and started to tickle her.

She started squirming on the floor and tried to fight back. But it was no use. It was two against one and Em still wasn’t as strong as she wished she could be. So the boys could attack her easily and she couldn’t do anything to stop them.

~*~

“Jer!” A voice called suddenly pulling him from his thoughts. He looked up from the old family picture to see Emilee walking over. “I’ve been calling you a few times now. Where’s your head?”

“Oh sorry, I was just thinking of something.” He replied as she came over to peer over his shoulder. “I found this in one of the drawers and couldn’t help but think back.”

“Yeah, I found that in your drawer earlier too. Zack accidently got a look at it.”

“He what? What did you tell him?”

“Relax, I didn’t tell him anything. You act as if I can keep a secret.” He just gave her a look as he put the picture back down and then stood. “What are you doing up here anyway?” She continued as he flexed his hands.

“I was getting a little practice in. I have to leave in a week, remember?” He replied as he started to punch at one of the bags hanging from the ceiling.

“Oh right, my delinquent big brother is finally off probation and going to go back to be the biggest, meanest, scary Pyrate hunter around.”

“Haha, very funny,” He muttered as he continued whack the bag.

His leg was finally healing after the incident a week ago. And after having enough with his mother babying him and treating him like it was the worst thing on earth, he had gotten enough and forced himself to start getting back into shape for when his probation was over.

And once it was, he was sure that he was going to get a new assignment right away. There was a lot more Pyrates going around lately and he knew that the hunters were really getting slim since all of them were out on assignment. Soon they were even probably going to draft a few more kids and maybe even lower the age limit a little. Emilee was going to be so happy.

“Catch,” Jer said as he tossed Em one of the dull blades that were hanging from one of the walls behind him while he grabbed one himself. “I need you to help me.”

“With pleasure,” she replied back with the evil smirk she got whenever he challenged her to a fight. One thing was for sure, she wasn’t the same little girl whining because she was being teased by her brothers. The girl could hold her own now. Which he liked about her. It gave Jer comfort when he was away that there was someone to help their father defend their family if ever something happened in town.

It wasn’t common for a Pyrate to get into the borders of the little town they lived in, but it had happened once before. But thankfully, it had been caught in time and taken care of before it could have done any real damage. But that was farther in town. They lived on the outskirts of town and it was more likely that the Pyrate’s would strike there and the work their way forward. That’s what he would do if he was a Pyrate. But thankfully, he was on the good end of the deal and was able to kill the filthy creatures.

“Ready to get your butt kicked again?” Em asked as she aimed to blade at him.

“Psh, as if,” Jer replied as she took the first swing….
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took so long! But I hope you enjoy!