The Awakening

Chapter 3

I was in no position to move or fight so i had to stay there for as short a time as my body would allow. After the first night i was able to move short distances and meant i could look around the downstairs of my prison. I had little interaction with Jade and Martin and they seemed to stay out of my way besides the ocassional comment when they brought me food and i rejected it. They reminded me that i needed to eat but didn't push the matter, which seemed quite strange in ​it's own right. I couldn't trust that they hadn't tampered with my food, a mistake i made when i arrived. The first place i went was back to the kitchen where i arrived. It took me a few attempt, most of which ended in me falling to the ground but determined i made it through the small hallway to the kitchen. I opened the door and a sinking feeling in my chest brought me to my knees as i gazed at the circular crator shape in the centre of room. Bits of broken marble had been swept to the back of the room but there was still a layer of dust surrounding the blackened hole. I now understand why my body felt so destroyed. Why did the world no longer make any sense to me? What happened to my life? I felt like crying but what good would that do. I need to figure this out and i will start with this crator. Judging from the shape it would appear to have been hit by a spherical shape. I was curled up so that would justify that. The fact that this impact was made would be more common for speeds far exceeding that of the 10 story fall unless the weight of the object was far greater than that of me. Either way things don't add up. I probably didn't previously mention i'm a bit of a boffin. In my town i was one of the few with a generally higher intelligence which would have lead to me being given one of the higher ranking careers. I grabbed some food from the fridge which couldn't have been tampered with prior, or so i hoped but i was out of options and needed to eat if i was to have any chance of regaining my strength and getting out of here. I found a leg of chicken and some fruit and slowly ate alowing my body to react to food being reintroduced to my system. I found a cup in the cuboard and made myself a few drinks of water. I had no worries about this as they surly couldn't have tampered with the water supply without damaging themselves. I ate on the floor and once finished made my way back to the livingroom. I was surprised to find both Martin and Jade waiting for me. "Glad to see you're able to walk again," he said as i stumbled onto the couch. My little journey had taken more out of me then i wanted to admit but i wouldn't show weakness. "Yes i'm feeling much better."

"At least you finally got some food into your system," His expression gave nothing away. Had they been watching me the whole time knowing that if they continued to try and feed me i would reject it resulting in me needing to find other ways. "I'm not here to hurt you. I'm a doctor i just want to check how you're recovering."

"What's a doctor?" I said comply perplexed. He just staired at me as though i was a different species.

"A doctor. Someone who helps you when you're ill or injured." My straight confused expression continued. I knew what pain was, when you fall over and cut yourself but what's illness?

"I...i've never been ill or injured to an extent that couldn't be fixed with a plaster, no one i know has." I was begining to become scared but i had to seem in control regardless of my 1000 mph thought train crashing straight through my life. Martin didn't attempt to conceal his discomfort although he seemed oddly unafraid just uneasy. "Surly in your life you've had a cough or a cold?" His voice seemed it's usual, easy tone.

"No never," I said unsure of what either of these things were. Martin let out a soft ​but audiable sigh at the gap in my knowledge. "Basically, i help those who get badly injured which happens frequently here, so please allow me to look you over and asses the damage caused by well, whatever brought you here." This was the first time he had mentioned anything about the night i arrived. Now that that door was open the flood came flying through it. "Lie down on your back please," I followed his instructions as he pulled out a strange contraption which he put on like ear phones with a strange, small, metalik circle attached. "Where are you from anyway?" He asked trying to seem uninterested as he placed the small circle on the centre/left side of my chest. This should be an interesting talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for nothing really going on in this chapter more plot building.