Status: you should know...

While You Were Sleeping

the only one;

While you were sleeping, I went home.

The sweet dulcimer voices of the angels beckoned to me; even the strongest of men could not ignore them. They called me up to my home in heaven, where I perch now on golden clouds and cast my gaze down to those who wander below. But more than anyone, I watch you.

While you were sleeping, I slipped away.

One moment I was laying next to you, holding you, your head tucked just so in the hollows of my neck, and the next, I was simply gone. My body was still there, something to tide you over until the morning when your world would come crashing down, but my soul had fled.

While you were sleeping, I studied you.

Not in a creepy way; it was more affectionate. I wanted to memorize your every feature before I flew up to the sky. I wanted to remember the dimple on your left cheek when you smiled, and the way your soft brown hair fell just so in your face. It was all I could do not to cry.

While you were sleeping, I realized how much I would miss you.

I spent my whole life chasing after you, and after so long, I finally had you. But now I was being forced to let you go. It killed me inside, ironic enough because I was already dead. I loved you so much in life, and I'm sure I'll love you even in death. But I'll miss you. Never a day will pass that I will not miss you, my love.

While you were sleeping, I said goodbye.

It was sorrowful; I almost couldn't do it. You looked so beautiful laying next to me, so peaceful. I knew when you woke in the morning, this peace would break and shatter. I wanted so badly to stay here with you, my love, but I could not. It was simply my time. I kissed your perfect lips, the thin sliver of translucent flesh that covered your stormy gray eyes, and I said goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
just a little something I wrote...
comments? (: