Status: complete

Love and War

Good news and surprises

Draco wakes us up gently. Hermione and I are still intertwined together from the night before. We face him as he sits on the edge of the bed. I hope Draco doesn't go back to being mean and ignoring us. I was actually beginning to like him being our friend...and more.

"Well I have some very good news at least to you both." We don't know what to expect.

"The war is over and Voldemort was killed by Harry and the rest of the Order. Father is furious about all of it, but you won't have to face his anger. I've arranged with your family Ginny. You're and Hermione are going to be transported to Grimmauld Place and then to the burrow from there. You're going home." We both jump out of bed and jump up and down. Draco laughs.

"I'm going to miss you both. I hope we see each other at Hogwarts again." If you had asked me if I would ever feel care for Draco I would have called you crazy, but now I totally agreed with him.

"Draco we'll miss you too. Thank you." She stands on tiptoes and kisses him on the cheek.

"Thank you for what Hermione? I meant what I said. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." He pulls her into a hug.

"Well I have regular clothes for you, instead of those short raggedy things. Fred and George will be here to side-apparate you back to Grimmauld." Hermione and I strip as quickly as possible and change into regular clothes. Draco just smiles.

"You two used to take forever to undress in front of me." I grab a pillow to throw at him. He gives a mock-scared look. "I'm just kidding Ginny. I won't ever do it again… unless you want me to." I throw the pillow at him. We all laugh remembering the pillow fight last night.

"Um…I... I was wondering... Ginny, Hermione... do you think it's possible for me... to um...stay with you until school starts again? My mother and father are banding together with the other death eaters until they have a plan. I was never a member of it and I don't want to be. I also don't want to be around when Father loses his temper. And... I want to go... with you both." We are both surprised that Draco is asking to live with us, but I feel bad about his parents.

"Well, I don't know..." I say teasing, but Draco stops smiling.

"Oh alright, I understand I guess-"

"Draco! I was kidding, of course you can come with us. All the boys will have to adjust, but they'll have to because you are definately coming with us."

Draco is bringing his belongings down the hall when two tall red-headed boys appear on the landing.

"Fred! George!" Hermione and I say in unison. We rush to them and wrap our arms around them.