Status: complete

Love and War

I love you

We finish making dinner silently and serve it as directed. Afterwards we clear the table and do the dishes. I find Draco to ask him what else to do before we go to our room.

"Just finish the dishes precisely, reset the table, sweep the kitchen, and then meet me in the shower room." We finish the thankfully light chores and hurry to the shower room. Before we enter I hear Draco being scolded by his father. I knock lightly and enter. Lucius stalks out looking livid.

"Same as yesterday, undress and shower." We do as he says, not as nervous today. We wash each other again, slowly this time. We glance at each other's faces every once in a while. Hermione smiles and I think of later tonight. I glance towards Malfoy and see the same pained look as earlier. I don't know if I should talkā€¦

"Sir, is there something wrong?" He shakes his head as if he was in a trance.

"No, why are you talking?" He says and acts like he is hiding something.

"Sorry sir." I watch him almost feeling sorry for him. Sometimes I think Draco is so mean because that's how his father taught him. Then I remember how he's made my life and Hermione's life hell. Even before we were bought as his slaves.

We finish our shower and dress. Draco walks over and feels Hermione up. My heart breaks at the pain on her face. I want to slap his face. He pulls away still pained looking.

"You can go to bed for the night. I will wake you tomorrow morning to prepare lunch." He leaves and we go to our room.

"Hermione are you alright?" I look at her shocked face. I wish I could erase all her pain and sorrow.

"What? Yea I'm fine Ginny. Don't worry about me. Let's just lay down together." We lay down and press against each other. I kiss her softly on the forehead.

"Good night Hermione. I love you." Before I can even realize what to say to fix my slip Hermione pulls me tight.