Status: complete

Love and War

Late night talks

I knock lightly on Draco's door. I open it a crack and walk in. He's facing the mirror and all he's wearing is boxers. His hair is hanging down in his eyes and he looks like he's damp from just getting out of the shower. He's cute when he isn't being evil. How could I think that? He just gave Hermione a break down. He turns around and sees me.

"Weasel what the hell do you think you're doing?" He doesn't look very mad, just annoyed.

"I really think we should talk." He doesn't make a smart reply about why he should listen to me.

"Ok, you can um…sit down on my bed. Let me put some clothes on." I walk to his bed. It's black and silk-like. As I sit there and wait for him to return, my thoughts drift to sleeping on this bed. Draco walks into the room and sits down next to me.

"What's wrong Gin-Weasel." He just almost said my name.

"Hermione. I don't how to say this, but please don't touch her…like you did tonight. Try to make excuses about why you can't show her off. Please. When she was younger her dad…just please I don't want to see her cry again. It really hurts her. It isn't just because she has pride or anything. It's serious…please." I turn to gauge Draco's reaction. He looks pained again.

"What happened to her?"

"Her dad… he…took advantage of her." His look goes from sad to angry to horrified.

"I had no idea. I would have never…if I would have known…I don't even know him and I want to… I guess I've been just as horrible. It's worse because I didn't have to do that. To either one of you. I'm so sorry. I won't do it on purpose, but when father's around…he will expect me to treat you like slaves. I wish you weren't my slave. I don't want you to go though that. I…" I really hope he really doesn't hurt Hermione more than she has been. I realize that Draco isn't cruel. He just has to live up to his Father's standards. What is he talking about he doesn't want me to leave. He's leaning in closer and I can smell his body wash.