Forever Yours

Forever Yours

FOREVER YOURS.

This story based on the song and video by Alex Day (Nerimon) called Forever Yours which he is trying to get to number 1 in the UK Charts, he’s doing really well so check it out on YouTube and if you like it you can buy it on iTunes.
Enjoy the story 

DISCLAIMER: Song my Alex Day, not me, and video directed by Charlie McDonnell.

Charlie knew it was wrong but Alex was his best friend he had to do something. It was cold and rainy but it was 18th of December it was always cold and rainy. The weather was just adding to the scenery, it was a deep forest where the trees were thick and the grave Charlie stood above was battered. Alex deserved something much better than this, he deserved something proper but most of all he deserved to be alive.

Charlie felt sick to his stomach with what he was doing but he knew he had to; it had not been Alex’s time to go, he had more to do and he had to do it. Charlie looked down at the grave stone that simply said:

R.I.P Alex Day ‘Forever Yours.’

It was Alex’s message from beyond the grave, it hadn’t been there before.

Charlie held the spell book open in his arms. It was called ‘RAISING THE DEAD.’ Charlie honestly wondered who wrote this book, it sounded like Alex would call a spell book about raising the dead. Concentrating on what he had to do Charlie looked down at the pages in his hand.

Raise hand over deceased and say:
We sing together out of key,
Although we try it seems we just can't find our harmony,
We just don't fit each others frequencies,
That makes you out of reach,
And I am finally accepting that,

As you say this remember your life before you met the deceased.

*

He had once been a zombie hunter; he was good as well one of the best. He was called out all over the country to fight zombies but, strangely, the biggest hotspot for zombie activity was Bath.

So that was what Charlie would spend his time doing, in that time he had some good friends, Lex was his best friend she was the most wonderful person he knew. Charlie smiled all the time around Lex’s sarcastic view on things. She was his opposite he felt happy and bright about things, even when killing zombies he would smile because he made people safe. Lex would be sarcastic, always telling him what he was doing wrong. She was a sarcastic chick, but he loved her, she was his best friend.

However it was one night, it was raining, heavily, and dark but Charlie was out on patrol with Lex and because of her really bad immune system was complaining because she was ill, again. It was near Christmas and it was too cold to be out on patrol and with Lex’s moaning he was starting to agree.

“Okay, we’ll take one more go around the park and then we can go back and just watch T.V or something.”

“Good, urgh, I hate that I’m always so ill.”

“I know,” Charlie wrapped his arms around Lex’s shoulders “it’s okay, I can come back tomorrow and you can stay in bed, it’s too cold at the moment even for zombies.”

As he said that a group of mindless fiends came up over the hill and started to attack, there were so many. Charlie had never seen so many zombies organised in one group before. He was working hard to get them all away but it was difficult, there was little he could do to stop the group. He used his machine gun to blow the heads of as many as he could but they just kept on coming.

However the wind picked up and the storm started, there was thunder a lighting and try as Charlie might he could not go against the ferocious winds. He looked around trying to find Lex but she was no where to be found. There was lighting approaching and Charlie was still trying to destroy the zombies. He was starting to worry now, he was never normally this worried but e couldn’t help it, he was going to loose.

There was a clap of thunder above them and the sky was illuminated by lightening. It crackled above them and Charlie looked around, scared. He was never normally scared but today he was he did not know what was going to happen. The lightning crackled continuously and it seemed to be something from a film, nothing seemed real to Charlie.

The zombies coming, the lighting coming from the sky. It was a bad horror film and Charlie couldn’t escape.

Charlie felt blind around him. He couldn’t find Lex and he had no clue where the other zombies were. The lighting started striking trees and the park around him started to burn. The fire spread and Charlie knew he had to get out.

“Lex! Lex!”

He ran as fast as he could blowing zombies away as he ran. Carrying on screaming,

“Lex! Lex!”

He left the park with no sign of Lex.

He was scared. He stayed in the underground bunker he had made himself all the years ago when he had started slaying. He stayed there for hours. His breathing the only thing that could keep him safe and guilt racked him that he left Lex. He hoped she was safe.

Getting out he went back to the park to see the sun high in the sky and smoke coming from the park. Running over he saw fire engines and police all around telling people to back off.

Charlie was very pleased that he left his machine gun in the bunker as he walked over.

“You need to get back.”

“What happened?”

Charlie knew it was better to act dumb in the face of the authority.

“Storm last night caused a fire.”

“Was anyone hurt?”

“I can’t answer that question, son.”

Charlie knew what that meant and with that he walked away. Lex was dead or worse, a zombie. This was it. He had failed his best friend.

After that Charlie started to loose it, he couldn’t stay in Bath anymore it was too hard. He moved to London, in London no-one cared about you and no-one expected you to care about them. Charlie just got lost in the crowds of anonymous. That was until he met Hexa. The man was strange and alluring.

Charlie was walking down the road when a hooded figure came up behind him, Charlie was ready though, although he was no longer the slayer he was still sharp and as a knife came down on him Charlie easily grabbed the knife and pushed the stranger against the wall. The man smiled and then started to laugh, and then he laughed some more.

“So it is true, you’re the zombie slayer?”

Charlie stayed quite waiting to see where this would go.

“What have you been up to then?”

Charlie stared at him, what did he mean what had he been up to? The way the man had been talking he already knew. Charlie remained silent.

“Well we both know the answer to that. My name’s Hexa. I could show you a new way to use your slayer strength.”

Charlie was intrigued, this guy was interesting and he wanted to know more. Charlie followed Hexa to some burnt down buildings in the centre of town where it seemed that Hexa lived. Once he had been invited in Charlie knew he wouldn’t leave.

From that moment on Charlie became part of Hexa’s crime world. It was interesting, fun and Charlie quickly became the best. Charlie could get anything, with his strength and stealth no-ne could beat him and no pigs could catch him. He was brilliant and his life was fast and gave him a high, with the constant moving, the being constantly on alert Charlie was able to bury everything from his past. It no longer existed and that was the way he liked it.

*

Charlie thought hard on the memory so long ago and it did hurt to think about it but he had to move on he had things that he needed to do.

He looked down to read what was needed to be done next.

With arm still outstretched remember your first meeting of the deceased while saying these words.

Come on darlin' have some indecency,
You know there's nothing you could say that would embarrass me,
I heard a song tell me that talk is cheap,
But it's all you do with me,
And I am finally accepting that,
It's just our routine,
We try and dream,
And buy the things we said we'd buy when we got more money,
All in the name of making memories,
That's what you want with me,

*

Charlie had been coming back from a big job successfully. He was in no rush and had decided to pick up a Metro and walk to long way home. Charlie laughed so hard when he had picked up the Metro and saw the front cover. It had a large picture of him in his ironic costume of black and white strips with the message;

“Charlie is really bad; by the way he steals things and hurts people. Not like "murder" bad, but bad enough that you should be alarmed.”

It sounded like a child had written it, it was pathetic.

Charlie would never kill a human, zombie's used to be human, he had killed too many of them. However a bit of violence when people resisted was not his fault.

As he carried on walking home, after he had thrown the paper in the bin, Charlie found a girl walking home alone with a nice leather bag. That would be a pretty penny on the black market, or EBay. He recognised the girl as well; she was London socialite Emma Ro. Bot. She was beautiful there was no denying that and there would be a police enquiry after she reported the ‘Charlie Crime.’, it would be amusing because they would never get him, he was just too good.

As she was waking along Charlie grabbed her from behind and she started to struggle as he went for her bag. Why did they always struggle? It was very frustrating. Not as frustrating as when they screamed.

"Help, please, someone help me!"

It was pathetic and as he thought that Charlie realised how much his mindset had changed since he had moved to London and met Hexa.

As the stupid girl was struggling Charlie whispered;

"Stop struggling and everything will be much easier."

As he whispered in her, his voice was low to scare her more, Charlie did not notice a figure walk over to him it was only until a shadow was over him that he looked up.

There stood a pretty skinny guy in a strange super hero getup and a strange mask walked cockily over and punched him in the face. Letting go of Emma Ro. Bot Charlie stumbled back, before he had time to get his bearings back he felt his guts mush together as he was thrown into the air and landed with a thud on the stone floor if the pavement below.

Charlie felt his head pounding as he opened his eyes. He was in a light room it seemed, he was lying on something soft, it was very soft, softer then anything he was used to lying on. Charlie lifted his head to look around and the bed he was lying on was just a fold away mattress on a cream coloured floor. Slowly getting up he felt a shooting pain in his stomach.

"I wouldn't be doing too much wondering if I were you."

Looking up Charlie saw the strange superhero with his ridicules mask still on.

"That punch could kill someone."

"And you are still alive."

"Lucky, I guess."

"Not lucky enough not to get caught."

"Why am I here then?"

That was confusing Charlie, by all accounts he should be dead but a slayer would be made badly if a hit like that could kill a slayer, however why was this super whatever helping him.

"You didn't give me to the police."

"Well done captain obvious."

Charlie smiled, he hadn't smiled in a while, and this guy reminded him of Lex. He hadn't smiled since Lex.

"I decided you probably didn't need the police poking into your life and background."

"And I need you to do so."

"I think you do."

Charlie didn't know what to say to that, he was fine. He did need a crazy person in a mask telling him about his life.

"You don't know anything about me."

"I do, your Charlie, you are the zombie slayer but you have pushed away your responsibilities and now live a life of crime in an ironic striped burglar suite and cocky tights on you head because you feel confident enough that you won't get caught despite being clearly on show."

Charlie thought that was arrogant of a man who covered his face in a mask and wore tights. He told the mental man what he thought of him.

The man just laughed and turned anti-clockwise then clockwise, Charlie was confused but in front of him was a guy with a strange face in very tight jeans and a t-shirt with a map of the states on it. It was a strange; he strange and Charlie felt comfortable around him.

"So what do you propose we do?"

"You’re gonna stay here till I say otherwise."

"And how are you going to stop me."

Charlie went to stand up and walk out, he tried to move but his stomach felt like it was trying to tear apart he would hate to think of how hard that guy hit.

The guy just laughed as Charlie fell back on the mattress bed.

"If you thought that punch was hard, that wasn't even my full strength."

How strong was this guy?

"My names Alex."

"Well you know mine."

"I do."

"How do you know mine."

"I know things."

"Obviously."

"You must be hungry, can't be eating too well with Hexa."

"How do you know about Hexa."

"I told you I know things."

With that Alex left leaving Charlie alone with his thoughts. He was confused and sore and since that Alex mentioned it he was hungry. He was really hungry.

Charlie didn't know what else he could do but lie back down and think about life. Why had he been brought here by some weirdo super whatever or why he was staying, he had been left on his own he could get up and leave.

Sucking up the pain Charlie got up and walked to the door as he got to the landing he realised he was on the top floor of he didn't know how many. Making his way to the window he realised he was in one of the modern houses in London, small floors but lots of them. Perfect for keeping strangers, injured, on the top floor, unable to escape; Charlie felt like he was in a Stephen King novel.

Bloody hell, Charlie was the zombie slayer he was not going to let a small thing like stairs keep him from getting out of here and going home. Deciding to sit on his butt and bum shuffle down he realised that it felt much easier against his stomach and ribs. Charlie had managed to get down two flights of stairs and was on the third with the front door in sight when Alex whatever came around the corner holding a tray of food and water.

"Nice try, you were close but that door isn't just wood, I'm strong too, and have a tendency to break wooded doors by mistake, you wouldn't be able to get out anyway. Come on I'll help you back up."

Alex put the tray down and picking Charlie up bridal style carried him up the stairs he carried him back up to the room he was once in.
"This is a floor that's not really used. You can have it; now can you stay here and let me bring you your food?"

Charlie didn't say anything after feeling highly embarrassed that he had been carried like an invalid, he was not used to feeling that way.

Alex came back with some toast and fruit and water, he was making Charlie feel like an invalid. Charlie decided he hated Alex with a burning passion.

He was being nice just to be cruel, he made Charlie feel defenceless, he had punched him in the stomach so bad he was still sure he was going to bleed out and then there was the fact that he seemed so much like Lex, his best friend who was always there just being Lex.

“Come on, eat and then I start to fix you up.”

Charlie smiled slowly, that would be it. He could get better then leave, go away from this place and this creepy guy.

“Don’t be stupid Charlie; I won’t fix you all up completely until your better.”

“That doesn’t make sense.”

“Your body is not the only thing that can break.”

With that Alex left and Charlie was once again left alone, now in a new room. It was very much like the other one except with a proper bed, he was bored. The room was boring and he was confused what Alex had meant. It seemed Alex was a very confusing person, he done nothing but confuse Charlie from the first moment that they had met.

Hours seemed to pass and Charlie ate the food and drank the water, he felt much better, thank God, of which he did not believe, for the fast healing he had. Now just a couple of hours sleep and he would be well enough to leave.

When Charlie woke it was dark outside, sneaking quietly out of his bed he felt so much better. Charlie walked down the stairs until he was on the bottom floor. He knew better then to try the front door so he explored around until he found the kitchen/ living area.

“Hey, good to see you’re up and about, want some tea?”

Charlie accepted the tea and they drank in silence. Alex then started to talk about things he had done that day, normal mundane things and Charlie felt slightly more relaxed at the normalcy of it all and started to join in. It was comfortable and simple.

They talked about things of very little importance until the small hours of the morning and Charlie went to bed feeling better than he had felt in a long while.

*

As Charlie read the next words he thought very hard about what memory it would be and then it came to him, the one that was perfect.

Now remember the best day you both had together, the day that cemented everything the deceased meant to you.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cause it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours

*

Charlie had been living at Alex’s for a few months and things had been surprisingly going well. They realised they had a lot in common and would spend hours talking about simple things such as Doctor Who and Sonic. There was loads they disagreed on but they both loved music and every heated discussion and about the world and people, or just what they were having for tea that night ended in them just playing music or writing songs. Things were doing well in the CharlieAlex house hold.

However Charlie was feeling down slightly, despite all the fun they were having and the fact Alec was making Charlie open up more, Charlie wanted to go outside, he had yet to be there and it was what he wanted. He wanted to feel the sun and the rain and he wanted to go back to slaying. Every evening Alex would change into his Nerimon superhero and go save people, Charlie now wanted to help.

One day when they were playing Zelda Charlie paused the game and broached the subject.

“I want to go out with you tonight.”

“Charlie, I really don’t think…”

“This isn’t up for discussion Alex, I want to go. I want to be outside, I’m fine. You helped me and thank you but I wan going insane in here I wanna help. I wanna slay again.”

“Really, you think you’re up for slaying?”

“Yes, do you have anything that was on me, I know you took them?”

Alex looked slightly abashed by that.

“Yes, they’re in my room. But they’re not strong enough against zombies, are they?”

“They’ll be fine, but I should get some more tomorrow.”

“Okay Charlie, I agree, it’s a good idea but if we do I have something to tell you.”

Charlie sat there intrigued to what Alex was going to say.

“A long time ago I placed a spell on myself with the help of a man called Lit-Tler-Adge. He helped me so that if I ever died I could be brought back to life.”

Charlie knew his face had dropped but he couldn’t help it, he spent his time destroying people who had come back to life, well he used to.

“Not as a zombie!” Alex rushed out. “I would come back completely human, it would only work however with someone who trusted me, and I them. You are the first person I have found that I would entrust this to.”

Charlie was silent; he had no idea what to say to this.

“I know it’s a wired thing, but I don’t want to die and I don’t want to leave you. I know it’s strange to say with the circumstances but you’re my best friend.”

Charlie smiled.

“You’re my best friend too.”

Going out that night was strange, Charlie felt like a small child again. He hadn’t been out in so long. As he ran around like a mad man he could hear Alex laughing at him.

“Come on, we have work to do.”

That night Charlie felt like a whole new person. He slayed two zombies while Alex rescued a pretty young girl called Kayley from three men. It was a brilliant night, everything went smoothly. Charlie couldn’t remember a night going so well. With that they hit their chest twice, they didn’t know why but it felt natural and they both laughed when they had done it.

They were walking back to the house talking about; now Charlie was going out, what they could do the next day when something in the shadows moved. Charlie whipped around fast ad looked for what had caused the noise. Alex laid a hand on Charlie’s arm as Charlie went to go see what it was. They both stayed there waiting to see what would happen.

Out of the dark came a familiar blue hair man with a cocky smile.

“Well, well, well. Look at little Charlie and the big hero Nerimon.”

“What do you want Hexa?” spat Alex looking venomous.

“What? Not happy to see your baby brother Alex?”

“Tom, you are crazy, now what do you want.”

“Charlie of course.”

Charlie stood there watching the exchange. They were brother? He did not see it at all.

“You only want him because I have him.”

“I had him first.”

“Guys, I am a person not a possession and I am standing right here.”

Both men looked at him and Charlie felt uncomfortable under there stares.

“Look, thank you Hexa for everything you’ve done for me but I am going back to slaying and defending people not crime.”

“Alex, you ruin everything.”

With that Hexa lunged for Alex and Alex was too slow to react and was thrown backwards onto the concrete ground. Hexa started to punch Alex violently and Charlie couldn’t just stand there and watch his friend die. Rushing forward Charlie used his slayer strength to pull Hexa of Alex and into the wall.

“Alex are you okay?”

Alex’s face was purple and painful but before Alex could reply Charlie felt his shirt being grabbed and being pulled around. Sighing, Charlie cracked his knuckles and started to go at Hexa.

“You really need to learn when to cut your losses.”

As he said that he kicked him in the back and made him fall to the floor and it seemed he could not get up.

“You’re boring me now; I’m leaving and please for your own sake, leave us alone.”

With that Charlie picked Alex up and walked the few roads back to their house. When they got in, Charlie placed Alex on the sofa and made him some tea. By the time he had finished Alex was awake and sitting up. Charlie brought the tea over and sat down next to him.

“Okay, what’s going on?”

“Hexa’s real name is Tom, he’s my brother. We were close until I developed super powers and he didn’t. You get the story, he was jealous and it consumed him. I’m sorry you were dragged into it. And that I didn’t tell you.”

“It’s fine.”

“No, it’s not. He’s insane and I dragged you into it. I’m sorry. You saved me tonight. Thank you.”

“It’s fine, we’re even. I saved you life, but you saved mine.”

That was the end of that conversation. Neither of them had to say anything. They were finally equal.

*
Charlie couldn’t take much more of this remembering, if this didn’t work he would just be left with memories that kept cutting into him, painfully. He read the final instruction hoping that it would work.

Say these words while thinking of how the person died.

This will be forever mine
This will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone.

Charlie knew he had to and he knew it would be painful but he wanted to see Alex again.

*

Charlie and Alex had a good routine now and they were a good zombie killing, crime fighting team. They were equals and thankfully they had not seen Hexa since.

That night was as normal as ever, stopped some would be muggers and killed some zombies. They had double hit their chests again, what they did and the end of every night. It was there routine, they were happy. It was a strange experience for Charlie but he did enjoy being truly happy.

They were talking and laughing and everything was right.

It’s the weird thing about the big advents in your life, you think they would be slow and monumental but they’re not they can just be small and no big fight or no explosions. Just someone shooting with a rifle from a distance and then going off into the night never to be seen or heard from again. That’s what happened to Alex.

Charlie didn’t see it, first Alex was laughing about a song he wanted to write called Forever Yours and then the next he was on the floor dead. Charlie looked around wondering what had happened but by the time he had put the pieces together it was too late, Alex was dead.

Charlie rushed carrying Alex and placing him in his own bed Charlie went through his things trying to find the number for called Lit-Tler-Adge. After finding it he dialled the number quickly and a Scottish voice answered.

“Hello.”

“I’m Charlie, Alex is dead. Please, please help me.”

“I am sorry for that, do you have the book?”

“No Alex told me about it but he never said where it was.”

“Did you try under the mattress?”

“Um…No.”

“Try there. I must warn you that Alex will need to be dead a three weeks before any of the spells can be performed. Just bury him, keep everything quite we don’t want people thinking the dead are coming back, and then in three weeks time, go back to the grave and perform the spell. Can you do that?”

“Yes.”

With that the phone went dead and Charlie did everything that he was supposed to do, Charlie buried Alex need in the woods with an unmarked grave stone, he knew Alex deserved more but he just had to wait.

*

Charlie stood there waiting for something to happen. He had done everything right. Now all he had to do was wait. The seconds ticked by and Charlie thought he could go insane. Alex was supposed to come back. Flicking through the book he saw a page and all it said was.

It’s too late!

Charlie just looked around and suddenly Alex climbed out of his grave. He was a zombie.

Charlie didn’t know what to think. Alex had promised him he wouldn’t be a zombie; he promised everything would be good. He didn’t have a choice and holding up the gun he had brought, just in case, Charlie pulled the trigger and blew a hole in Alex’s head.

That was it. Everything he had just himself though, everything he and Alex had done, it was all over. He was alone. That was it.

The next few weeks carried on everyday Charlie hung about the place where Alex had been buried. He couldn’t stay in that house, it made him so upset. He couldn’t stay there.

Once day while he was there he was contemplating what he was going to, what was the next step in his life when he heard a sound over the small hill. Looking up he saw the last person he expected to see. Alex. Whole and human,

Nothing had to be said, they just smiled. Alex did his stupid grin and showed his superhero shirt and as Charlie grabbed his gun, which he had taken to taking everywhere with him. Alex then went into a blur and stopped in his Nerimon superhero suit and Charlie just followed Alex to the other side of the woods where there was many zombies congregating with Hexa in the middle.

Nothing was said but the battle was intense Charlie blasted zombies out of the way while he tried to get to Hexa. Alex on the other hand was getting very hands on with the zombies and by the time Charlie got to them many were missing various body parts.

Finally it was just them and Hexa.

Hexa grinned and went for Alex again but Charlie wouldn’t watch his best friend be killed twice and before anything would happen Charlie shot Hexa in the heart.

They turned to each other and just smiled, it was finally over, and this chapter of their lives were done.

Hitting themselves on the chest they walked back into the city smiling, knowing nothing could destroy the friendship of Charlie and Alex and they would let nothing stop them stealing each day as it came.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it, this is a one-shot. Please leave a comment :)