Status: Formally A Year With Draco. Finished, Just posting :)

A Rose by Any Other Name

Train Ride

“Hey Draco!” Rose, a girl in her sixth year and green and silver robes, said.

“I think I heard someone say my name.” He turned around. Rose, and Cammie ran up to him and each one grabbed one of his. “Hello, Girls.”

“Hey, Draco.” They said in unison. They started hanging out with him last year after their friend, Cammie went out with him. Since then they've all been great friends. Just then Harry was trying to walk down the aisle of the train.

“Out of my way, Potter.” Draco said.

“I'm not even in your way, Malfoy.”

“You are in my way when I say you are.”

“You better watch yourself, Malfoy. Or at least watch them.” Harry said glaring at Rose and Cammie.

“You better back off, Potter. Or you'll end up just like your Mum and Dad.” He pushed Draco and Draco pushed back.

“Don't you dare talk about my parents when the blame right now is on your parents.” he charged at Draco.

“Expelliarmus!” Rose shouted. Harry flew back. He hit the opposite wall with a BANG!! Draco turned around to look at Rose. His mouth was wide open.

“What?” she said.

“What was that?” he asked.

“A spell?” she said.

“Wow. You're pretty hard core.”

“I know.”

“Let's get to my private compartment ladies.” Both of the girls giggled. They walked to his compartment, went in and sat down.

“So, Draco, what did you do this summer?” Cammie asked.

“Nothing much. I hung out at the beach, did a little Potter research.”

“Really?” Cammie said.

“What did you find out?” Rose asked.

“Nothing really but I’m working on it.”

“What are you going to do when you do find something out?”

“I will tell Snape who will in turn tell HIM.”

“Ooo, sneaky. You're sexy when you're sneaky.” Cammie said. Rose burst out laughing. “I said that out loud didn't I?”

“Yeah.” Rose said. She and Draco were laughing. Cammie ran out, embarrassed. As soon as she did Blaise Zambini walked in.

“Hey Blaise.” Rose said.

“Hey guys. What's up?”

“Nothing. So, Rose, what did you do this summer?” Draco asked.

“I pretty much stayed at the pool all summer.”

“Cool.”

“Yeah.”

“So…”

“Well, let's not all talk at once.” Blaise said.

“You're one to talk. Mr. I Can't Get A Date To The Dance Because I Get Nervous In Front Of Girls.” Rose said. Draco laughed.

“It's different this year.”

“Oh yeah. How?”

“Well, I already have a date this year.”

“Who?”

“Well, never mind.”

“Tell us.” Draco said.

“No.”

“Please.” Rose said, giving him the puppy dog eyes.

“No, not the puppy dog eyes. They're evil. Oh, fine. Pansey Parkinson.”

“Oh no.” Rose said. Draco was shaking his head.

“What?” Blaise asked.

“She's not going out with you because she likes you.”

“What?!”

“She’s going out with you so she can…I can’t tell him.”

“Tell me what?”

“She's going out with you to get to me.” Draco said, “Darn it.”

“That's not true.”

“Blaise,” Rose said, “I know it's not what you want to hear rig-” she put her hand on his.

“NO!” he swiped his hand back, “It's not what I want to hear! I finally get the nerve to ask a chick out and you guys tell me something horrible about her. I thought you guys were my friends.”

“We are your friends, Blaise.” Rose said trying to calm him down. “Now, could you just sit down? Look I have Bertie's Beans.” He snatched the box away and started to eat his heart out.

“Wow. Exactly how much do you know about guys?” Draco asked.

“Enough to know that you want some too.” She said buying a box from the candy trolley. He took the box and sat down.

“I love you.” Draco said.

“I know.”

“Not literally, I hope you know that.”

“I do.”

“Okay now, could you just tell me why Pansey would do this to me?” Blaise said.

“Because she’s a cold-hearted bit-”

“Because she's still in love with me.” Draco said interrupting Rose. “She's using you to get as close to me as she was before.”

“Well, stop her.”

“What do you want me to do? Stop being so darn irresistible?”

“No.” Blaise and Rose said at the same time. Draco just stared at Rose.

“Um,” Rose said, “Well, then if you weren't so irresistible, um…”

“Wait I just remembered! You have to be up there with the prefects don't you Draco?” Blaise said as if on cue.

“You're right. I gotta go. See ya Blaise. Bye, Rose.” He said looking at her straight in the eye. He then turned to leave.

“Oh my God! You are a life saver.” Rose said to Blaise.

“You’re welcome. But now that I have done something for you, you have to do something for me.”

“Okay, wait. What do you want me to do?”

“I want you to help me break up with Pansey.”

“But you just asked her out.”

“I know, but when she said yes I didn't know why.”

“Fine, but what do I have to do?”

“Give her this.” He took out a piece of paper and wrote 'WE'RE THROUGH!' on it. “There.”

“Aren't you going to explain why?”

“No, then she'll know that I know what she knew that she knew she didn't want me to know, you know?”

“No.” Rose took the note and put it in her pocket. “That's it? That's all I need to do?”

“Yes. Do this and I won't tell Draco about your little 'crush.'“

“What? I don't have a ‘crush’ on Draco.”

“Yeah, okay.”

“Look it’s not true but don’t say anything to Draco.”

“I thought it wasn’t true?”

“It’s not, just don’t tell him anyway.”

“Fine.”

“You are the best friend ever. Which is kind of weird because…well you’re a guy.” Rose said, hugging Blaise.

“I know. I'm the best.” Blaise replied. Draco walked back in. They let go of each other immediately.

“Hey Draco. This is absolutely not what it looks like…” Blaise said.

“Okay? I really didn't care. I guess. Okay, so are you guys going to do Quidditch this year?”

“Do we really have to answer that? Of course we are, Draco.” Rose said.

“Good. Because we only have 10 people signed up on the list and a lot of them are second years.”

“That's awesome!” Blaise said. Draco stared at him evilly. “I mean, bad. Really, really bad.”

“Well, it's not that bad. We still have you, Blaise and my brother. Oh yeah and a great Keeper like me.” Rose said.

“Yeah we know. You'd make it again even if I wasn't the Captain.” Draco said.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Just then Cammie walked by.

“Cammie. Hey look, about earlier, it never happened, okay? Join us, please?”

“Gasp! Malfoy used the P word.” Rose said sounding surprised, but sarcastic at the same time.

“Haha. So Cammie, friends?”

“Fine, I guess. So what’s happened since I was gone?”

“Are you trying out for your Quidditch team this year?” Rose asked.

“I don't know. I'm not really all that good.”

“That's okay.” She turned back to the guys, “Well we have four players now, so we need 2 Chasers and 1 Beater.”

“Obviously.” Blaise said.

“Hey, Blaise, watch it.” Draco said.

“Thank you?” Rose said, a little confused.

“You're welcome. Well we could at least give the second years a chance, I guess. It's really not something I want to do but I really have no choice.”

“We're at the station. Come on let's go.” Rose said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I'm sorry that I just deleted A Year With Draco. I should have given a warning but I didn't think about it until after I hit the delete button.

But this is the same story, it's just edited a little here and there. Other than editing and adding character pages, I didn't change much.

Thanks to those who read it! And comments are appreciated.

Love, Tay :)