Status: Formally A Year With Draco. Finished, Just posting :)

A Rose by Any Other Name

Sulking

Addy was miserable, and she secretly hoped her most recent ex-boyfriend was, too. Of course, she never knew for sure, because she refused to go to any classes she had with Draco.

It had been a week since she left his room that night. She wasn’t regretting it, but for some strange reason, it still hurt to be away from him.

She had been hanging out with Cody and Ben. When she was with them, she felt like most of her heart was back together. And weirdly even though Cody hated Ben, but not the other way around, they really didn’t show it. Both of them kept her sane. She sat next to Ben in all the classes she had with him. Every time she was with him, completely forgot about Draco. It had her wondering if that was a good or a bad thing.

Addy had forgotten all about the bad things about Ben. Every now and then something would hit her to remind her, but she quickly moved them to the back of her mind. She didn’t want to hurt anymore, and thank goodness for her, she wasn’t hurting.

Addy was sitting in the Common Room, reading her book. She was thinking of the night she left Draco. When she was walking out of the door, he told her not to go. He practically begged her. Why hadn’t he come after her like he said Ben should’ve?

She shook her head.

“What’s wrong?” she turned her head and saw Cody standing at the door.

“Nothing. Just thinking.”

“About?”

“The break-up.”

“Oh, do you need me to go?”

“No, you can stay. I’m fine.”

“Good, because I needed to talk to you.”

“Okay…” he took a seat next to her on the couch and she looked at him. “Talk.” He took a deep breath.

“It’s about school. So don’t freak out on me okay?”

“Alright.”

“You have classes with Draco?” he asked it not being a question more of a reassurance.

“Yes.”

“And you aren’t going to them?”

“What are you getting at Cody?”

“I, uh…I think you should go to those classes.”

“What!?”

“I talked to Mum and Dad about this an—”

“You told Dad!?”

“Yes…” he said quietly.

“Are you that self-centered?”

“What?”

“You told Dad that I’m skipping classes because of a guy. You’re definitely getting the bigger room now.”

“Adriana, this isn’t about the bigger room. You are skipping those classes, the important ones, because of that stupid guy. If you fail those exams you have to do your fifth year again. You will be behind all of you friends. You won’t graduate with the people you want to graduate with.”

“If it would have made you happy I would have gone to class. But did you have to tell Mum and Dad?”

“I guess not, but I was worried about you. I didn’t want you to do this now, because of Draco Malfoy, and regret it later. I may only be your brother, but I want what’s best for you.”

“You didn’t tell Dad who the guy was did you?”

“No, but I think I should’ve.”

“I don’t think that’s fair.”

“When is life ever fair? Even for us. We can do magic, and life is still hard.”

“If Dad knew I was going out with Malfoy he’d take my butt to Beauxbatons.”

“Is that what you’re worried about?”

“Cody, Dad hates the Malfoys.”

“So why did you go out with him? Why don’t you hate him?”

“I’m done. I don’t have to explain myself to you. I’ll go to class tomorrow morning. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She slammed her book shut and got up quickly for her room.

“Why did Cody do that?” she whispered to herself. “He always ruins everything. He is so selfish, so self-centered. URGH!!!” she went into her bathroom, to take a shower. Once her mind and her body were clean, she came out and got under her covers. She leaned her head on her pillow.

She stared into the darkness of the ceiling. Everything always came back to her at night. On the train with Draco and Blaise. In the hallway with Ben. Draco’s soft lips kissing her neck in exactly the right spot—

She couldn’t think of this. She missed it too much. Going back to class with him will just make it worse.

It was so stupid of me to agree with Cody. She thought. She never should agree with him at all.

She closed her eyes. On her lids she saw Draco. So no matter where she was looking she saw Draco. She felt Draco. She couldn’t get him out of her head. A tear rolled down her cheek.

The notebook Draco gave her was sitting on the table next to her bed. She hadn’t gotten a message from him since she left. She was beginning to give up on him. There’s no way she was going to talk to him first. He was the one who did something wrong.

Or was it Addy who did wrong?

No. It was Draco.

But Addy did go against her promise. She hurt him.

All Addy wanted was her friend back. She didn’t like losing one in the process.

I lost Draco because of what I did. Draco did nothing wrong. She thought. It’s all my fault.

She closed her eyes, and slipped away to her dreams. All her dreams consisted of Draco, always. There was nothing she could do. She’d wake up crying and thank God she didn’t have a roommate anymore.

She hated feeling like this.

She couldn’t make the pain go away.

No one could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I don't post this very often at all. I'm sorry. I'll try more. :)