Surprise

She looked at the stairs and gasped, seeing her bedroom’s lamps were turned on. She was sure she had turned them off before leaving and the more she was thinking about it, she realized that her front door wasn’t locked either, like she had left it before she drove towards the other house. She grabbed her baseball bat and hid behind the Christmas tree, trying to peek to the top of the stairs. She groaned when she realized she couldn’t see anything to her bedroom because the door was just slightly opened. She decided to walk a bit further, and climb up the stairs. When she got to the top she took a deep breath and approached the bedroom. She peeked through the opening but cursed once she couldn’t find anyone.

“Whoever you are, the person who invaded my house, please go away!”, she said. “Or else I’ll have to hurt you!”

She got no answer and groaned, throwing her head back in desperation. “You can take whatever you want, just please go away!”

When no sound came from the inside of the room she took another deep breath and kicked the door open. She gasped once she entered the bedroom, seeing it had rose petals all over the floor and the bed and a bouquet of flowers lying in the mattress with a little note. She crept closer to it and grabbed the flowers, smelling them and smiling. She loved roses; they were her favourite type of flowers. She looked at the card and smiled curiously at it.

“What do you say, creepy card?”, she asked more to herself, picking it up.

’Surprise! : )’

It was all that was written in the card. Surprise?, she thought.

“Who the hell are you, creepy person who broke into my house!?”, she asked, turning around and bringing her hands over her mouth, in surprise, once she looked at the doorframe.
  1. 1/1
    2.723 words