Until Tomorrow

going out

Kelly hadn’t been out much since she’d returned home. She’d had a whole year to do that. Now that she was back, she didn’t know what to do with herself. The crowd she’d been with before had thinned out and moved on. There was no place for her anymore, not anywhere, and she was left feeling lost. Becca remained as elusive as ever, and any conversation at all between the sisters felt forced and awkward. Family meal times were even worse. Kelly’s father was still having a hard time accepting her while her mother tried in vain to keep everything feeling normal.

Half-way through dinner on another monotonous Friday night, a car horn sounded from out the front of the house and Becca started to abruptly get up to leave.

“Is that those boys again?” her mother inquired, a strange look on her face.

“Mum,” Becca said, “it’s cool. Jenna’s going too.”

Her mother looked at her for a long moment, before glancing over at Kelly. Becca followed her gaze, and when her eyes landed on her younger sister she rolled her eyes and sighed before looking back at her mother. Kelly had never seen her so full of attitude before. Since when had Becca stood up to their parents?

“Take your sister.”

“Mum, no, I -”

“Take your sister or don’t go at all.”

“But Mum - ”

“No but’s.”

Becca shook her head before looking over at her sister again. She raised her eyebrows at her when Kelly stared blankly at her. “Come on,” Becca said. “We’re going out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey hi hello yes i know i haven't updated in a few months and this is only a filler and yep i'm a bad person whatever i promise you this is going to get good ok