Until Tomorrow

the rock show

Jake was feeling a little nervous, just like he always did right before he had to go on stage, but this show was different. Kelly was going to be there, and he couldn’t mess it up. Hell, he’d even worn shoes to this gig. Whakaio clapped him on the shoulder as they headed out onto the stage together, the dimly-lit club suddenly filling with the cheers, shouts and screams of the fans.

As they both started into the intro for their first song, Whakaio looked over his shoulder to the side of the stage where Becca was standing, a huge smile on her face. He grinned at her before turning back to the crowd and leaning forward as if he was about to jump right into the crowd. Becca smiled to herself before heading towards the back of the venue to the merch table, where she was supposed to be helping Tyson. He got frustrated easily and Becca seemed to always be within his firing range. It didn’t exactly help that she was late to everything.

Kelly had just arrived at the venue, with only just enough cash to cover her cab fare; she had no way of getting in. Instead of going straight through the front doors and running right into the security guard that would no doubt check for her non-existent ticket, she made her way around the side of the venue up a sketchy-as-fuck-looking alley way. She found a side door and walked right in. The lack of security backstage was sort of disheartening.

She spotted Jake right away. He was on the side of the stage closest to her and was thrashing about wildly as he played his guitar. Kelly sort-of smiled (she hadn’t smiled in so long she’d forgotten how) and continued to watch him, her eyes fixated on the brunette guitarist. She was so glad she’d called him. Standing there, letting the music push its way through her, she felt like maybe this was her chance to feel alive for at least five seconds.

Her stomach suddenly twisted in knots when she saw Jake run over to the other side of the stage and a blonde boy run towards her to take his place. Cameron. The boy from Perth. The boy from the photographs in Becca’s room. The boy that had the potential to screw everything up, more than Kelly had already.

Cameron locked eyes with Kelly, and as the realization that it was really her hit him, he almost dropped his guitar, his jaw falling slack as he openly stared at her as he fucked up his bass line and then stopped playing altogether. Kelly stared back at him as guilt set in.

Her sister wasn’t the only person she’d left behind without saying goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
phantom story title change, holla~
"I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL AT THE ROCK SHOW"