Until Tomorrow

stella

Cameron made a quick apology and rushed off stage. Whakaio grabbed an acoustic guitar from backstage to do a few slower songs they didn’t need a bassist for, while Cam was sorting out whatever his problem was. Cam immediately ran to Kelly, who was trying her hardest not to make a run for it. It was time she started facing her problems head-on, instead of running from them. Like last time. Like every time.

“Stella?” Cam said, exasperated. Kelly was confused for a brief moment before she remembered that she’d given him a fake name that night in Perth. Just as she was about to explain, Jake made his way over to them, wrapping Kelly in a hug, right in front of Cam. Cam just stared at them, both confused and shocked and kind of angry, all at the same time.

“Kelly! You came!” Jake said excitedly, letting her go, only to drape his arm over her shoulders casually. Cam continued to stare.

“Kelly? You told me your name was Stella,” Cam said, narrowing his eyes at her. Kelly shifted uncomfortably and looked down at her feet before meeting his eyes.

“Cameron, I’m sorry I lied to you. I was a different person back then…”

“Wait, what?” Jake interjected. “You guys know each other?”

“I thought we did. Apparently not,” Cam said, his eyes full of hurt.

“Cameron, I’m sorry!”

“Forget it, Stella. Kelly. Whoever the fuck you are.” Cameron looked like someone had just slapped him in the face.

“Kelly? What the fuck are you doing here?” The three of them turned to see Becca, red-faced and sweaty, her hands on her hips. Kelly swallowed nervously and shrugged at her sister.

“Wait, you know her too? What the fuck did I miss?” Jake said, utterly confused.

“She’s my sister,” Becca said.

“What the actual fuck,” Cam said. “This is like an episode of fucking Jerry Springer.”

“I’m so confused,” Jake said.

“Makes two of us,” Cam added.

“I need some fucking vodka,” Becca said.

“Right behind you,” Cam replied, leaving Jake and Kelly.

“You have some explaining to do,” Jake said.

“It’s a long story…” Kelly hesitated.

“I’ve got time,” Jake replied.

“Get the fuck back on stage, ass-wipes!” A crew member interrupted the two, forcing Jake to leave Kelly in a frazzled and confused state as he got back on stage, slowly followed by Cam, who looked even more brooding and depressed than usual. Kelly stared after them, bringing her hand to her forehead, hard.

What had she gotten herself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
hi kelly sorry there wasn't a fab ending line but this chapter was a bit of a filler because oh man is shit about to go down i can't even