Until Tomorrow

temporary

Kelly only felt a little bit guilty for a short amount of time. Perhaps that was the worst part. She got so caught up in her own heartache and her dreams of escaping that suffocating city that everything that was supposed to matter to her simply faded away.

The things, the people that were supposed to mean something to her just didn’t anymore. She just wanted to forget, which was something that she happened to be good at. She’d stuffed some clothes into a duffel bag, nicked a few twenties from her mother’s top drawer and hitch-hiked her way to Perth, disappearing in the middle of the night, leaving nothing behind.

It took her months before she finally got there. Hitch-hiking across Australia isn’t exactly the easiest of tasks; but Perth was the furthest possible city away from Kelly’s home in Sydney. It was a place where she could get lost, a place where no one would know her name, a place where she could be whoever she wanted to be.

It was temporary, everything was. Kelly was always on the move. She didn’t get attached to any certain place or any certain person. She’d learnt from her past mistakes. If you didn’t get attached, you didn’t get hurt. The more you cared, the more you had to lose. And so she chose to just not care.
♠ ♠ ♠
She'll come home soon.
You'll see.