Until Tomorrow

waiting

For months, Becca was merely a ghost of herself, drifting from place to place; silent, observant, but most of all, lost. It was like she had to find herself all over again. She wasn’t sure if she even wanted to try.

Her mother never did stop crying. Her father became obsessed with finding his youngest daughter. It was no secret that Kelly was his favourite. He put up posters everywhere, sent her picture to police stations all over the country. Nothing helped. People kept telling him that when Kelly wanted to come home, she would. Becca doubted she ever would.

The counselors didn’t help. Becca didn’t want to talk. She focused on her studies and her grades got better. She was the top student in the fancy private school she attended. No matter what she did, she couldn’t fill the empty space inside of her where her sister was supposed to fit. Her heart was dying, her spirit was crushed, and she was on a downward spiral. She completely caved in on herself, so much so that it looked as though the lightest touch would shatter her to pieces.

She was waiting. Waiting for the moment when things would shift and she’d know that things were different now. Waiting for the moment when she could move on. Waiting to forget. And in amongst all that waiting, he saw her for what she could be, who she used to be. If she’d been waiting for someone to fix her, then he would be the one to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm starting to get a feel for this.
I think this story, more than anything, is about the love of family, and how they have the power to both break -and mend your heart.