Until Tomorrow

recycling

Kelly created a new name for herself everywhere she went. Not just a new name, a new life, a new family, a new background. It was an odd sort of rut she was stuck in, but it worked for her. Recycling personalities was something she was good at it, something she even enjoyed, in a way. It was like she was the best actress in the world, spinning lies faster than you could blink. This is what she told herself.

She was like the wolf in sheep’s clothing. She had that look about her that made you feel intimidated, that air of confidence that is so hard for most people to come by. Yet still, she had the ability to blend into the background when she wanted to. She was stronger than most. Becca used to think she was unbreakable. Invincible. She was a hero. Only after she left did her sister start to realize just how fragile she really was.

In Perth, Kelly explored new places each night. She lived for the night. What she hadn’t expected was to come across a boy who’d see that there was more to her. Who’d look into her eyes, not her cleavage. Who’d be the first to scratch at the surface, only to reveal the mess underneath. Who’d be the first to try and fix her.

Cameron had no idea what he was getting himself into. The way he looked at Kelly scared her. He looked at her like he knew everything about her past, and not the fake one she’d told him. The real one. It was like he could see right through her.

Predictably, she ran away at the first sign of something real. She wouldn’t let anyone in. She wouldn’t let anyone fix her. There are some things that simply can’t be fixed, so it’s best not to try. She left the city, moved onto the next place, the something better she’d been looking for all along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh a boy.
The plot thickens!