Until Tomorrow

clean break

Kelly didn't get very far before she decided to go back. Perth was the only city around for miles, and it was a big place. What were her chances of running into that blonde guy again? Slim.

Cam hadn't given up. He'd searched for her in the venue, ran out on the streets hoping that he'd spot her. Something in her called to him and he knew that she needed help. She needed someone, anyone. That much was obvious.

Kelly thought otherwise, of course. That's why she was always skipping towns, making up new names and back stories. She didn't need anyone. She was just fine on her own. She'd made it this far, hadn't she? There was no turning back now.

Kelly had run to the nearest bus stop, hoping to get on the first one out of Perth, but there was nowhere for her to run to. She couldn't go home. Not yet. The blonde boy drifted back into her mind. Something about the way he'd looked at her, like he knew it was all a mere facade had shaken her.

Maybe it was time for her to come clean. Maybe it was time for her to open up to someone and get some advice. Maybe it was time for her to call her sister. No. What would Becca say? Kelly had been gone for just over four months with no contact at all. She'd told herself that a clean break would be the best for them - it'd heal faster.

What Kelly didn't realize, was that she'd left behind a hole in her sister's heart so big that no amount of time could ever heal it. Becca was broken beyond repair.
♠ ♠ ♠
My cat chewed up his favourite stuffed animal toy and now the stuffing is all over the floor of my room. SIGH.