Status: For all those Gleeks out there, this is for you!!! :P

A Fresh Start

Chapter 26-Thank You

Christina’s Point of View:
I turned to Rory the following morning and smiled at him for a long moment. He was there for me when I needed him most. My Mum was finally out of my life and now I could finally be happy. Finally I was able to feel myself, feel alive. I kissed Rory’s head, I kissed his cheek and his lips. Loving the soft, gentle caress of them. His hair was all messed up, going off in all directions, making me want to run my fingers through it. Making me want to get closer to him.

After thinking of all this Rory himself woke up, I placed a hand on his cheek and he grinned at me. “Thank you.” I told him before he could speak. “Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me. I’ve never known anyone to care so much.”
“It’s ok.” He tells me and moves his arms around me and presses his lips to mine for this sweet sweet moment. I feel ecstatic as electricity brushes through my lips from him to me and me to him. After the brief but breathtaking kiss I pull in Rory close and then moments later were getting ready for school.

Today I was quick to get dressed, not worrying about what outfit I was wearing, I still looked good, but the aim today was to do it without effort. After I’d finished getting changed both Rory and I went downstairs, he threw me an orange, which I shoved into my bag and then we walked into McKinley holding hands. Our fingers entwined.

As we enter the school for the first time ever no one picks on us. There’s no bullies about. Instead we can walk around peacefully without the fear of slushies, without the fear of being thrown into a bin or tossed into a locker. This is what it should be like.

However, someone walks past us, someone from Glee club. Sugar. I can’t help but notice that Rory takes a quick glance at her and I feel a pang of jealousy in my heart. It was nothing I tell myself. Don’t get mad, he was just acknowledging she was there. That’s all. Rory kissed my cheek as we got to my class, before leaving me there. As he went, unfortunately Puck showed up. “Hey, fancy being a complete bad ass and missing this lesson?” He offered to me and I thought about it for a long moment. Science? Not really my favourite lesson. “Your on.” I smile and Puck and I quickly run off, we run off and make our way behind the Bleachers. And almost immediately his lips are on mine.

I should have known. I should have known that there would be more behind his ideas to come and take me away from class. I should have known that he would start to kiss me the moment we were out of sight from the prying eyes of Students and teachers. However, for the first time ever I didn’t mind. I was vulnerable after what happened with my Mum yesterday. I was going to be vulnerable for a long time and I wasn’t going to tell anyone I was feeling this way. These few stolen seconds with Puck helped me to be someone else for a while. It gave me another problem to handle, which was a relief for me.

We kissed all lesson and by the time bells rang for second lesson, Puck smiled at me. “You’ve got to admit that was pretty hot.”
“It was pretty hot.” I agree.
“Maybe we should continue this at my house later?” He suggested to me and I tried to think of a way to say no. I thought of Rory and how it would hurt him, if I carried on what I’m doing. However, then I thought about how it would block my Mum out and suddenly I thought it was a brilliant idea. “I’ll be there at seven.” I inform him and he had that smile, the same smile of the cat that got the cream. I pressed my lips to his cheek and made my way over to the corridors. I looked for Rory everywhere and that’s when I saw him by his locker talking to Sugar.

Suddenly everything came boiling up to the surface and the biggest most important thing of all was the anger I was feeling in that moment. I clenched my fist, felt all the blood rush to my face and then stormed over to Rory and Sugar. “Oh hey Christina…” He smiled and before he could say anymore I slapped him across the face. “Ow! What was that for?”
“I’m fed up of it!” I complain.
“Fed up of what?”
“Seeing you two together all the time. I’m not stupid Rory, I know something is going on! And it has to stop now!”
“Christina, what has gotten into you?”
“No, I’ve had enough. Either stay away from her or lose me.” I say and run off outside and make my way back over to the Bleachers. Puck’s still there much to my relief and upon seeing him I throw my arms around him and kiss him. Just wanting to feel something.

It’s moment’s later that I hear someone say: “Oh, I see.” I turned around only to see Rory there, what was he doing here? God, he must have followed me and I didn’t even notice. “Rory…” I whisper.
“So, you think that because you cheat on me, I’m doing exactly the same thing?”
“Rory.” I whisper and walk over to him, then place my hand on his arm. He pulls his arm away from my hand and looks at me annoyed. “Were done.” He tells me. “I will not be lied to.”
“Rory! Please come back! I love you!”
“If you loved me then you wouldn’t have cheated on me!” He screamed and it was after that I didn’t know where he went.

I didn’t see him for the rest of the day at school. I sighed, I was at the school that was named after a failed President for a reason, because I was a failure myself.

Come the end of the day as I stood by the dumpsters, Puck walked over to me looking all cool and macho. He always did look that way, but every time I looked at him I remembered how I hurt him first time round and then how I hurt Rory. I was a Monster.

Puck walked over to me, all happy and soon his arms went around me tight. “What are you doing Puck?” I asked him worriedly.
“I thought that since your no longer with that Irish leprechaun Rory, you could be with me.”
“No Puck! I’ve hurt enough people. We’ve hurt enough people! Now to tell you the truth all I want to do is just be single for a while. I’m not ready for a relationship after everything I’ve been through with my Mum, Rory and you.”
“Look, I’m over the cheating thing. I’m the Puckster. I get cheating, hey, I got Finn’s one girl pregnant and made out with his other girl. I understand.”
“No, you don’t Puck. I’m sorry.” I then ran off, I wanted to get away from him, away from his stupid declaration that he wanted to be with me.

The following day it was awful. One of the first thing’s I did when I went to school, was I went straight to Glee club. Rory ignored me, he gave me the cold shoulder, where as Puck wiggled his eyebrows at me, expecting that our kissing thing meant something more than it did. When it didn’t! I looked over at Rory, only finding that he seemed to have eyes for just Sugar. He was staring at her like he was crazy about her. His eyes followed her every movement.

I fought against the tears in my eyes, this could not happen. I would not cry in the middle of Glee club. Sugar turned around and grinned back at him. Was something going on between them already? Because that was quick. The next thing I know Sugar changes seats, so she’s sat by him and that’s when it happens, I see her brush her lips against his. My mouth opens wide in shock. What the Hell?! This is not happening. Suddenly Mr Schuster came running into Glee club, carrying one of his brief cases and wearing yet another one of his vests. That man was truly addicted to vests. “Right guys! I have a new challenge for you all.” He grabbed a whiteboard pen and wrote on the board: COMEDY SONGS! “This week our assignment is to do funny songs. They can be original songs that people find funny or you can take a completely normal song and turn it into something funny.”
“Let’s do Run Joey Run!” Rachel said out loud and everyone looked at her in disbelief. I’d never heard of that song in my life and to be honest, I really wasn’t in the mood for funny songs right now. “I want to do a song with Rory!” Sugar shouted in her loud, high pitched annoying voice. God that girl annoys me, she thinks she’s so special with her good looks, but to tell the truth her only talent is the money she has, which Daddy gave her. She couldn’t sing, she looked constipated when she danced and I really did not like her.

Ok, I’ve got to calm down, jealousy is certainly not a good look. I am calm, I am cool. Everything’s going to be ok. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by Puck siding up to me. “I think we could do a funny duet together.” Puck informed me.
“Did Mr Schuster say we had to do a duet? No.” I warned him.
“Well, I find comedy is easier when there’s two of us.”
“No, the truth is you think us spending time alone together will mean a better chance of you getting into my pants.”
“Well yeah.” Puck said and as I say that I see Rachel Berry looking directly at me in shock. And she wasn’t the only one, so was Quinn, they must have heard me. Oh how I could do without this. “Just forget it.” I complained and stormed out of Glee club, I was not in the mood for singing and dancing and laughing pretending my life is perfect when it’s anything but.

My legs carried me straight to the bathroom where I leaned against the wall and cried. I punched the wall angrily, when I eventually saw that Brittany was standing at the sink washing her hands. “Are you ok?” She asked me.
“Yes, I’m fine.”
“Oh, are you doing some sort of rain dance to make it rain?”
“What?” I wondered.
“Well, there’s water coming from your eyes and I thought that same water would come from the sky.”
“No.” I paused. “What are you doing here Brittany?”
“Well, I was washing my hands and the water got freezing cold and so it froze my whole body and I can’t leave here until the ice around me melts.” For once I decided to play along and sat down on the muddy toilet room floors. “So, your stuck here for a while?” I wonder.
“Yeah.”
“Me too.” I agree.
“Have you somehow been frozen in here as well?”
“Something like that.” I sigh.
“You don’t look frozen.”
“Never mind. Brittany, what do you think of cheating?”
“I do it all the time. It’s fun, not to Santana though, I’ve never cheated on her.”
“So even the biggest cheater in McKinley doesn’t cheat on someone they love.”
“Well, yeah. What’s the point when someone makes you feel happy? Happy like a rainbow.” She smiled.
“I don’t know.” I say.

And in that moment Santana stormed into the bathroom and looked at me angrily, I couldn’t understand what she was annoyed about, so all I could do was hope that it wasn’t about me because that girl certainly had a temper on her.