Status: Awake.

The Grief Striken Blade.

Forest Instict

I lingered throughout the few more classes. I was sitting in the classes, of course but not really taking anything in. Instead my being had drifted out the window, eager ever ready waiting for the figure to reappear. I couldn’t keep my mind on anything else, I was so out of it, that I missed the bell signalling it was break time.
I think Freddie knew there was something off about me, because he stayed back from the hoard of students impatiently rushing out to the news that it was no longer raining. Freddie gradually circled me as if I was going to suddenly jump up and bite him. Freddie then walked over to the edge of my desk and then bent forward and rested his arms on the table.
“You OK there, Blade?”
I felt a small tinge of anger strike me sneakily, I despise that name. On my first day here, the caretakers insisted that I was sharp as a tack. This made me the unwanted centre of attention, making the other children starving for attention. So, not so shockingly, I was cornered by a group of ten year olds and beaten mercilessly. Until a five year old Freddie attempted to help me but ended up with a few stitches on the back of his head. After frequently meeting each other each day for 3 years, Freddie came to the conclusion that I was sharper than a tack. Thus, he dubbed me the name Blade.
“I told you not to call me that.” I told him bluntly through clenched teeth.
I sighed in defeat. It wasn’t coming back, my hopes of knowing the very reason I get that feeling was dashed.
“What is it?” Freddie asked.
“Nothing, forget it.”
I decided to mix amongst the blood thirsty children by walking out of the door. I barely go out anymore, because the dead beings had a lot more stronger hold on me. They clustered my thoughts by screaming inside my head, barely giving me a chance to think; but I guess needed a distraction today, no matter how noisy.
The sunlight gave me expected, but abrupt headache. I headed towards the end gate where Vanessa and Danny were playing a game of what seemed to be a dancing game childishly. They hadn’t noticed my approaching them as Danny made wiggling gesture that almost made me think he was having a seizure.
“That’s not how you dance, Danny!” Vanessa exclaimed, giggling with laughter, “/This/ is how you dance!” She corrected while jumping up and down.
I laughed, giving away my position towards the two. Vanessa flushed a deep blush at my sudden presence. Realising his little twin sister’s current colour, Danny’s protective instinct was provoked and so he gave rumbling growl, and pierced me a sharp stare. I muttered a few disrespectful words underneath my breath, but later regretted them even though they couldn’t hear me.
I casted a quick scan of the area without my knowing and spotted what I was looking for all those minutes in the classroom. The figure, it was outside the gate and it slowly turned to me showing its appearance, every detail. It was a girl, her green eyes were memorizing, like it almost beckoning to go after the holder of the eyes. Her hair was a deep scarlet red dissolving it into an eventual lighter red, as her long hair strode along down to her tiny stomach. Though tiny she struck me as a girl a few more years younger than me. She began humming a tune I was not familiarized with, turned around then ran into the muggy mist her tune slowly began to fade away without pause.
The moments flew by in a flash. Me walking over to the gates, followed by me climbing just over gate’s spear like fence’s top, the twins’ calling my name and running into the mist the humming tune guiding me to the source. I soon found myself practically leaping into the shrubs and plants leading me into what seemed like the remains of a dark forest. I ignored the tell tail signs of turning back; as did the scratches and cuts I earned by jogging into the broken remains of a badly damaged tree.
The buzz of her humming soon sailed away to an infinite dark world into the jungle deeper and deeper. I picked up the pace immediately realising she was being swallowed by darkness.
“Hey!” I called out to the dim wilderness, “Come out!” I yelled, hoping that the simple tune would reveal its self back to me.
When I finally made my way to the place she once stood, she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or subscribe to continue!