Little Hell

Act 5

“Blaire! Hey!”

Kale had been waiting on the street corner for Blaire to walk to the café for about a half hour. He was itching to tell her about the story so far and how much he loved writing about her. The sad part was, Blaire had completely forgotten about him up until she was graced with his presence that afternoon.

“Leave me alone Kale,” she said coldly.

“I don’t understand-“

“You don’t need to understand!”

He couldn’t see her eyes past her dark glasses but he knew that there was something worth knowing and didn’t want to give up.

“Why are you wearing sunglasses?”

“There doesn’t need to be a reason to wear sunglasses in the winter when they’re Dolce and Gabbana.”

“What are you hiding?”

“Fuck off.”

He reached over quickly and pulled them off of her face, revealing a dark bruise that had settled on her right eye. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt naked standing in the street, like a portion of a secret had been poured out.

“What the hell happened?”

“It’s none of your fucking business Kale. You don’t know me. You’re waiting at corners like a fucking idiot and I’m not in the mood for you or your bullshit story.”

“Look Blaire I’m here if you need to talk-“

“Don’t talk to me ever again.”

She snatched her glasses then turned around and left, her Prada heels making for a dramatic exit. For the first time in over a year, she didn’t step foot in the café. It had been a routine that only something terrible could break.

twelve hours before

“My phone is ringing,” Glen said while Blaire kissed the soft flesh on his neck.

“Ignore it.”

He reached into his pocket and looked at the call display to reveal that it was the hospital that his mother was residing in. He pushed Blaire back and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Is this Glen Holding?”

“It is.”

“I’m so sorry Glen but your mother… she just passed away.”

He snapped the phone shut and looked at Blaire. “Get off,” he mumbled.

“What’s wrong?”

“I said get the fuck off Blaire!” he screamed.

Blaire got back into her seat feeling as small as ever and as pathetic as ever. She looked at him with worry as she buckled her seatbelt.

“Is everything okay?”

“My mother is dead.”

“Glen-“

“Nothing you can say is going to make me feel better. I only kissed you for her; because she wanted us together. Now that she's gone, I could care less about you.”

Tears were pouring down her cheeks now and she angrily slapped him across the face hard enough that the sting was left on the palm of her hand. It didn’t take a second to pass before he retaliated and hit her back.

He quickly revved the engine and continued driving home.

“We need to turn around and go to the hospital,” Blaire said angrily.

“We can worry tomorrow.”

“Stop acting like a selfish piece of shit all the time!”

She grabbed the steering wheel and quickly turned it around. The next thing she saw was the bright lights of a semi truck, swerving into the driver’s side of the vehicle. The driver, not stopping to see if they were okay, continued speeding down the road.

“Glen?”

She looked at Glen who was bleeding from the side of his face and let out a scream.

“Glen wake up,” she cried.

Glen never woke up and Blaire was to blame. She quickly got out of the passenger’s side and left, never looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Duntduntda.