The Unfinished Symphony

Right This Second

Part I - Valentine Residence

It seemed as if as though the sun was mocking the houses on the hillside. It looked like it did not want to be seen by any being’s eye. But most living creatures at this time were still sound asleep…well human beings, mind you. Its rays of orange light were slowly creeping up and plastering themselves onto the brick walls of the nearest house. As these brave rays showed themselves, the larks also wanted to show their presence; making the call of the morning sun quite loud.

But no one was awake to hear it

Or was there?

There was one exception. And it wasn’t a small one at that. In that brick house, lived a family. And although the house had an ordinary vibe bursting out from it, the family was far from ordinary. If one was to peek through the glass windows, they would have thought that their eyes were playing an astonishing trick on them.

Pots and pans were floating in the air; hoisting themselves towards the kitchen stove and waited for their snoozing owner to make use of them. Then, no longer than fifteen minutes, a bronze little pocket watch which was sitting on the wooden counter, began to shiver.

“Good morning isn’t, everyone?! Get up, get up! It’s an important day for the tykes, up you get!”

The pocket watch had spoken in a wheezy voice as it jumped up and down. Surely it would be waking up the family who lived there. It repeated itself over and over again until a scruffy looking woman shuffled into the room. She then scurried towards the squeaking pocket watch and pulled out some sort of wooden stick and pointed it at the pocket watch.

Silencio,” she mumbled but nothing happened. “Silencio!
But the pocket watch kept shouting.

The scruffy looking woman yelled out a name and a boy came into sight, rubbing his eyes and looked at his mother.
“Russell, turn it off!”

The boy named Russell went to the contraption and cleared his throat.
“Thank you, we’re all awake now.”

The pocket watch shouted gleefully and with a final shudder it became still.
“No wand tricks here mum.”

The woman put her wand away and blinked at her son. “Well, back in my day we used our wands for everything-wizards are going back in time, so it seems.”
Russell sighed at his mother’s logic and pecked her on the cheek.

“Now I’ll get breakfast on the table, Russell please wake up your siblings, they’ll-”

“No need mum, we’re awake,” said a grouchy voice from the corner of the kitchen door. And behind that voice were small twins looking god smacked by their rude awakening.

“Ah Daisy you’re awake, good. I’ll put the twins in their high chair.”
Daisy noisily went to go kiss her mother then punched her brother dismissively on the head as she sat next to him at the table.

“Oi! Why did you do that!?”

Daisy was a girl with charming looks: foggy green eyes and full lips and peach colored skin. You would say that she’s a kind and sweet girl. But right now, her face expression said otherwise.
“Your pocket watch, that’s why. It’s ruddy annoying.”

Russell scowled and scrunched his broad and stout nose at his sister.
“Well it got the job done so don’t be a prat-”

“Good morning Valentine family!”

A cheerful booming voice had taken over the sibling bickering. They all turned to the creaking wooden stairs which wobbled every time one would step on them. There, was a man who seemed to have the same features as his son Russell: sandy brown wavy hair, stout nose and pale blue eyes with a thin layer of freckles on his T-zone. He had a friendly face as he waltzed towards his wife and pecked her lovingly on the lips.
“Hello Elsie, my love.”

Mrs. Valentine smiled sheepishly while Russell gagged and twins Olive and Sydney giggled.
“Morning love.”

Mr. Valentine sat at the table and ruffled Olive’s curly brown hair.
“Papa!”

“Well today’s the day! The final of the Quidditch world cup, we’ve got good tickets as well-Russell, where’s Winston?” Mr. Valentine looked around the table looking for his youngest son. He was going to take his boys to the match to have some father to son time.

Mrs. Valentine poured about six sausages onto Russell and Mr. Valentine’s plate. “He’s still sleeping, I suppose.” She frowned at the thought of her son snoring on this important day as she cut the twins’ fried eggs.

“I’ll go wake him up,” said Daisy as she fleeted from the kitchen to a small hall way that led to a lonely room.

Russell turned to his father. “Dad…We’re going by portkey right?” He wanted to act cool and collected but he couldn’t quite help himself. And couldn’t suppress a broad grin; he had been waiting for this day for ages. And it was finally here!

“Yes! We’re meeting the Bokans not far from here-just by the edge of the forest.”

“The Bokans are going, Monroe?”

“Yes they are Elsie, dear, good neighbors, the Bokans.”

“Kennedy Bokan,” had sighed Russell and chewed on a piece of sausage noisily and didn’t notice how most of it dribbled down to the floor.

Daisy and a small mousy boy entered the kitchen; both with sniggering faces directed at their flabbergasted brother Russell.
“RUSSELL FANCIES KENNEDY BOKAN!”

Russell slapped his forehead and wish for nothing more than to perform a disillusion charm right there and now.

“Mum…our chimney is now connected to the Roulette’s?”

“Yes Daisy. We’ll leave just as soon as these three leave…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is like a little introduction to my original characters and little by little we will get to the good part!!!
I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did writing it. Please leave your feedback and I will kindly respond since it is very important for me to know if I made your time worth it. It is really nice to know when people have the time to write back.

I send you so much love and hugs, xoxo Lamb.