The Unfinished Symphony

Right This Second

Part II - Padilla Residence

“Oi!”

A boy struggled with a large barn owl, trying to untie the parcel from its leg. But the moody owl was putting up a good fight. The owl pecked at the boy’s hand, sending out the message that he considered the boy as a threat.
“Ruddy. Post. Owl! How, on earth, did you even get this stupid job?!”

The boy tugged on the parcel until the cord finally snapped open and the boy was sent flying towards his bed. “Ouch!”

He scowled as he rubbed the back of his head which bounced off the wall. The boy threw at the creature, three little lumpy bronze coins and the owl clicked ferociously at him and flapped towards the window; flying away from sight.

“Oh my goodness, was that an owl?!”

“What’s it doing in that house?”

“They’re probably out…they forgot to close all windows.”

The boy couldn’t help but snigger at all the bewildered voices from far below. But of course, it was natural for his fellow neighbors to shout out the, so it seems, anomaly of their day. What could an owl possibly have business here, in the outskirts of London, on a hot July summer day?

Well that’s what we’re about to find out.

The owl was sending mail, of course. Which is pretty bizarre, but not for the boy. Like the Valentines…this boy was everything but ordinary.
The parcel included an envelope with ruby red writing on it. It was addressed to his bedroom and had his name on it. He ripped it open and commenced to read the letter. It was short slanted figures and he recognized the handwriting by a heartbeat.

Dear Anthony,

How are you? I’m great-just visited France! Though, I really wish you would’ve come with us. It was an experience worth while. And you would have been quite good company. Let’s just say that the trip was done by muggle contraptions and having Ruthie Muse as company wasn’t jolly. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a kind soul but ever since she’s dating Gerard she’s been acting rather condescending…Though Bonnie, her older sister, was pleasant to chat with. Then, let’s not forget the Simmons. Alicia got sick-French food gets her queasy. Hearing Ruthie complaining about how we couldn’t go anywhere because of Alicia was tiresome, why did Gerard ask her out? She still would’ve been fun to chat with…ugh, well enough about that! So, I hear you’re heading off to the world cup? I wish I could go but you and the others will have to tell me about it. Tell me again whose going? I can’t seem to remember who else. Let’s see…The Ways, half of the Bokans, Alice’s brother Max, your family, Lauren, I think and Oliver. Oh and be happy that Patricia’s not going. She says that she ran out of money-though that didn’t stop her from bullying Sonny for money once we got home.

Well I hope to hear from you soon. Oh yes! Almost forgot, in the parcel is something that will help you in Hogwarts. I know that we shouldn’t have bought it for you…Alicia and I pitched in, but think of it as a memory, since at the last minute you couldn’t come with us. And we wanted to so here…I can’t really give out why the choice of the present but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Your parents know already-remember, my dad works at the Ministry. So I know what’s going on when it includes Hogwarts students. Well, I hope you’re well. See you on September 1st!

Lots of love,
Marie xoxo


The boy named Anthony looked at Marie’s love and pressed tightly on her signature. He smiled and felt his cheeks go red. To show how much affection he had for Marie, he plastered the letter on his mirror and looked at his beaming reflection.

There, was a boy with a heart shaped face with long black hair-most of it covering his ochre brown eyes. Small and adorable, he fixed his outfit and gave a last smile at his reflection and headed towards his family with a wand in his back pocket; ready to start the day.
But he’s forgotten to check where he stepped because he was face flat on the floor before his bedroom door swung open.

“Why are you on the floor Anthony?”
A woman, not over the age of 35 looked down at Anthony with her big brown eyes.

He looked up at his mother.
“I tripped.”

“That’s because you don’t keep your bedroom clean! Oh, what is this? A parcel and oh-it is from Marie Moore and Alicia Simmons. Bless those two.”

Anthony picked himself up and grabbed the parcel before his mother had the chance to seize and open it. “I’m hungry mum,” he said, quickly trying to diverse the chat and put the parcel out of sight, behind his back.

“Breakfast is getting cold. You better eat up, go on.”

Anthony did not hesitate for another second. He raced downstairs to get some food into his stomach, little did he know, his mother tiptoed towards the parcel. She gave out a little giggle as she opened it. In her hand were black and glossy robes with white sleek cuffs; screaming out that they were very elegant and expensive. She quickly put the robes into Anthony’s school trunk and went downstairs with the rest of her family.
♠ ♠ ♠
This time we see Anthony Padilla from Smosh here!! I decided to add this little part as well, because I felt that it did not make justice for the first part of this chapter. But anyway, I will post more later on. So please send feedback, your comments mean everything to me!

Much love, xoxo Lamb.