Status: In Progress.

Listen to Your Heart

Shopping

The next day I was sitting on my bed painting my nails. I had nothing planned for the day, but that all changed when Rachel waltzed into my room like she owned the place. She plopped down on my bed causing me to mess up the nail I was working on.

"Shit," I mumbled to myself. "Thanks a lot, Rachel."

"You're welcome," she said as she smiled at me.

I glared at her as she continued to smile innocently at me. The girl hadn't changed.

"How did you even get in the house?" I asked her. "My mom's at work."

"I have my ways," she said as she smiled mischievously. "So what are you doing today?"

"Nothing," I said as I fixed the nail I had messed up. "Planned on staying here all day."

"Well, you're not anymore," she said. "We're going shopping with the girls."

"Heather isn't going is she?" I asked her.

"Hell no," she said. "Do you think we're crazy or something?"

"I was just making sure," I said.

"Well, hurry up and finish your nails," she said. "You need to get ready. They'll be here soon."

"Jeez, thanks for the warning," I said, sarcastically.

"No problem, dear," she said as she smiled. "I'll help you out by finding you something to wear."

I nodded as I went back to concentrating on my nails. She got up from the bed and walked over to my closet.

"Oh my God," I heard her say amazed. "Look at all these clothes. I'd rather go shopping in your closet. You got some awesome stuff here, Brooke."

"Thanks," I said.

"I love this," she said.

I looked up from my nails and seen her holding a dress up to herself. I smiled as I watched her look into the mirror with it held up to her.

"I made that one," I said.

"Are you serious?" she asked, amazed. "This is absolutely gorgeous! You've got some talent."

"You can have it if you want it," I said to her. "It should fit you."

"No, I can't take this," she said as she shook her head. "It's yours."

"Just take it," I said. "I have more dresses that I made. You can be the first person that wears my designs. I went to college for that you know."

"Thank you," she said, laying the dress on the bed. "What was I doing before that? Oh, finding you something to wear."

"You have the attention span of a five year old," I said.

She ignored me as she continued rummaging through my closet. After a while, she appeared holding some clothes.

"Alright, here," she said as she laid down a simple, but cute shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. "These flats will look good with it too."

I looked over them and approved them with a nod. I finished my nails up as she continued to look through my closet. She asked me which clothes I had made as I let my nails dry.

"You've got to make me something," she said. "Just for me."

"I will," I promised her. "Now, get out and let me get ready, woman."

----------------

Rachel, Kristen, Whitney, Sarah, and I were sitting in the food court of the mall as we took a break. We had been shopping for hours and it didn't look like we were even close to finishing. We were all having a good time though. It gave me the chance to get to know all of the girls better. They were all nice and fun.

"I think we should go to Victoria's Secret next," Rachel said after she took a sip from her drink. "I want to buy some stuff."

"Lingerie for Garrett I assume?" I asked her as I smiled.

"Well, duh," she said.

"I could use some lingerie myself," Kristen said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh my God," I said as I shook my head. "You people are so dirty minded."

"You could use some lingerie yourself," Rachel said.

"Who do I have to show it off to?" I asked her.

"Well, you never know," she said.

I shook my head as her and the rest of the girls giggled.

"Rachel told us about you and John," Whitney said.

I glared at Rachel as she shrugged her shoulders at me.

"They knew something was up after that little episode in the restaurant. I was only filling them in."

Do you still have feelings for him?" Sarah asked me.

"I guess you can say I do," I said. "I never really got over him while I was away. It was hard not to think about him and compare him to the guys I had dated."

"I think you should make a move," Rachel said to me while the rest of the girls nodded their heads in agreement.

"Yeah, sure," I said, sarcastically, "because you know how well that went the last time."

"Hey, his feelings towards you could have changed," she said. "I seen the way he looked at you in the restaurant. He might have realized that he was being a dumbass before. Besides, you would be way better for him than that bitch Heather."

"God, I agree," said Kristen. "She gets on my everlasting nerves! I don't know how John puts up with her."

"See, they agree too," Rachel said.

"Well, thanks," I said, "but can we just spend this shopping trip not talking about John? He's all I've heard about ever since I came back."

"Sure," Sarah said. "We understand. No more John talk for the rest of this shopping trip."

"Thank you," I said. "Now, let's go to Victoria's Secret so all of you can buy some sexy lingerie to wow your men with."

"You're getting something, too," Rachel said quickly.

"Okay," I said. "I'll even get me something too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope all of you like it. Thank you to everyone who has read, subscribed, and/or commented. I really apprecaite it :). Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far.

Have any of you seen The Maine live? I had the pleasure to see them in October of last year with Bad Rabbits and Taking Back Sunday. It was such a great experience :). They put on a great show.