Status: Active, yeah! :D

Clearly, It's You.

Chapter Three

*Jake*
He makes me feel nervous! He's like a little, cute, tiny, furry blonde ball of joy. I want to hold him and make him mine so bad... Oh! I know! I'll take him on a date! Yes.

I push the van into the garage.

"Whoa," he breathes when he sees my Volkswagen Rabbit in the corner.

"Yeah. Haven't quite finished that one yet."

He smiles up at me. When he does that, my heart tingles. God, I want him.

"Jake?" I look down at the adorable boy in front of me, "Umm... How long will it take to fix my van?"

I'll drag it out.

"Hm. I'm not sure. Maybe a couple weeks? Few months?"

He giggles.

"You can drag it out if you want."

I laugh, too, to hide the blush on my cheeks.

"Hey, I found an easier way for you to pay me back."

"What's that?"

"Let's go to the movies."

"Yeah, okay!" he says, grinning. 

"I'll start on your car later. C'mon."

I jump in my dad's red Chevy, and Zach climbs in next to me.

"This is the coolest car ever," he murmurs, and I grin in spite of myself. 

We pull up to the movie theatre and climb out, and he pays for tickets for the worst horror movie ever, him unknowingly, and I grab the popcorn and we sit in the way back.

He sits down and shivers. Its cold in here? I wouldn't know.

"Cold?" I ask.

He nods, his teeth actually chattering.

"C'mere." I drape my arm over his shoulder and he sighs, snuggling into my warmth. Ah. That feels nice.

The movie starts and he moves closer and closer to me as people get their heads cut off and shoved in closets. In one scene, this guy yanks this girl apart by her hands and feet, and Zach whimpers and hides his face in my neck. Mmm. I close my eyes. I want him. I want him. I want him. I want him. I want him...

By the time the movie's over, he's shaking. I rub his back soothingly, gently.

He grips my hand tightly, and I'm slightly shocked. I don't mind, but I'm shocked.

"It's okay, Zach," I say softly, "No one's gonna get you."

"Don't let go of me," he says softly.

"I won't," I whisper, gently running my fingers over his hand.

We climb back into the truck, him still gripping my hand.

"Jake?"

"Yeah?"

"Where am I gonna stay?"

"Simple," I say softly, "My house."

"Oh, Jake, no... You don't have to do that."

"But I want to."

He blushes. He's so cute.

We pull up in the driveway.

"Come on. Might as well come in. My dad'll know, and he'll want to meet you."

"Know what?"

Shit. I've got to stop doing that.

"Nothing. Come in."

He still won't let go of my hand.

I pull him inside -- and whoa! Everyone from the pack's here! Leah, Seth, and Ryan. Ryan's Seth's imprint.

They're adorable together.

Zach grips my fingers and hides behind me. 

"So this is him," my dad says, coming into view in his wheelchair.

"This is him."

I tug Zach into view and he looks at me in a 'I'm-so-gonna-kill-you-later' sort of way. It's frightening. Just kidding, I've seen bigger and scarier mice.

He grins warmly at my dad, though. Good boy.

"Hey, Dad, can Zach stay here for awhile? At least until I fix his van?" I plead him with my eyes.

"Sure, Jake." he says, eyeing me. "No sex, though."

Seth, Leah, and Ryan all burst into laughter. Zach blushes.

"Why does everyone remind me of that?!"

"No one knows," Seth says, and Ryan rolls his eyes.

"Oh, Jake, there's a bonfire tomorrow night," Dad says absently, "Zach, would you like to come?"

"Sure," Zach says, and then nods. Why'd he nod? He already said yeah, why'd he nod?!

"C'mon, Zach, I've got to show you something."

I glance back at my father, who winks and mouths 'good luck.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments, my lovelies. I really appreciate them and I'm glad you're enjoying the story. :)