Status: Complete

Merry Christmas, Monte

Merry Christmas, Monte!

Robert was your modern day Scrooge. It wasn't that he hated Christmas, he just wasn't fond of all the preparation that went along with it. His best friend, Monte, was his polar opposite. The guitarist loved the holidays which was evident when he dragged Rob into decorating the inside of their tour bus.

"Hey, Rob, pass me the tinsel." Monte said extending his hand. The disinterested drummer reluctantly handed the silvery garland to his friend as he went back to the tiny tree that Monte insisted that they have. "Ah, don't you just love this time of year?"

"Not really. It's all just a waste of time." Robert replied.

Monte laughed, "Bah humbug," He got off his step ladder and grabbed Rob's arm.

"Come on, Mr. Scrooge. Lighten up."

The drummer sighed and faked a smile to his friend. Though he completely dreaded the holidays and anything having to do with them, he might as well be a little bit jolly.

"I finished your stupid tree. What else do you need help with?" Rob asked. Monte thought for a moment then pointed at the box of various decorations.

"Find something in there and be creative." he said going back to his tinsel. Robert picked up the box and rummaged through it. Something caught his eye as he formed a sinister Grinch-like grin on his face.

"Dude, can you come here a sec? I need some help." he lied.

"Alright," the smaller man got off his step ladder again and turned to his friend only to meet with a sudden kiss on the lips. He backed up to see the drummer's sly grin. "Uh-" Rob pointed up and Monte noticed the mistletoe in his hand.

"Merry Christmas." he said pressing his lips against Monte's for another passionate kiss.

Christmas is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.