You Are My Saviour

You Are My Saviour chapter 6

Ashley pulled a chair up close to Andy’s bed and took his hand. “What’s the damage?” Andy asked. “Well…” Ashley hesitated, “Several broken ribs, a broken right arm, a fractured left wrist, bruised hip bone, whiplash, several cuts and bruises and you have stitches in your forehead.” Andy let out a low whistle, “Well, that explains the immense amount of pain.” Ashley’s expression turned worried, “You’re in pain...” Andy looked at him. “Not as much as I should be…medications and all that.” Ashley nodded, “Well the doctor should be in soon to administer more.” His thumb slowly traced circles over Andy’s hand. Andy yawned which was a bad idea because his breath hitched in pain. Ashley helped sit him up and sat on the edge of the bed.

Andy looked at him lovingly. The man he fell for, finally fell for him. Ashley smiled moving closer. “Ashley?...” Andy asked. “Yes my love?” “I think I died…” Andy said slowly. “You did…They called it. But it was only for a minute…I couldn’t stop crying…screaming for you to come back…because I couldn’t lose you…” Ashley whispered. “It felt so much longer than a minute….There was nothing…I was panicking…I didn’t want to die” Ashley turned his head and stared into the beautiful icy blue eyes of his lover, “You’re here now Andrew. You don’t have to be afraid anymore.” He ran his hand down Andy’s cheek sliding farther into the bed to that he was laying next to him. He rolled over onto his side to face Andy. Andy smiled staring into Ashley’s eyes. Everything was perfect.

There was a soft knock at the door. Ashley slid out of the bed and back onto the chair. A small petite young looking nurse walked in. “Hello Andrew, how are we doing?” She asked walking over and checking his charts. “Good. The pain is starting to return though” Andy said, wincing slightly. The nurse smiled warmly, “Well, that’s what I’m here for hun, I’m gonna give you some more medication and the pain will be gone” Andy smiled, “Thank you.” Ashley looked at the nurse, “About the tour….” The nurse frowned slightly “Yes…about that…” She looked at Andy, “I’m afraid you’re going to have to head back home to recover.” Andy frowned, “Yeah…I expected that…” “We’re going to run a few more tests tonight and we should be able to release you by morning” The nurse said halfheartedly. “Tomorrow?” Andy looked confused “Sweetheart, you’ve been asleep for 5 days…” the nurse said softly. Andy’s eyes widened, “Jeez…” the nurse fiddled around with his IV bag for a bit and before long Andy was feeling amazing. The nurse quietly said goodbye and left. Andy giggled uncontrollably, “You…You don’t even know…how ammaaaaaaaazingggg I feel right now.” Ashley smiled at him. “I think I have an idea Andy”

Andy giggled again and then looked at Ashley suddenly serious, “Do you know…..the muffin man?” Andy burst out into a giggling fit. Ashley chuckled softly, “Yes Andy, I do.” Andy gasped, “You dooooo?” Ashley laughed, “Yes he lives on Drury Lane” Andy’s eyes widened, “SHHHH! No ones supposed to know that!” His words had become slightly slurred and his eyes had started to droop. “Andy dear, you need to go to sleep.” Ashley said softly standing up. Andy whined and held out his arms, “Noooooooo don’t go!” Ashley smiled warmly, “I wasn’t going anywhere darling.” he said sliding into