Lycanthropy

One

My wolf whined inside my head as soon as I stepped on claimed territory. I was treading on thin ice here and my wolf sure as hell didn’t like it. Being an independent or lone wolf as some liked to call it, wasn’t all the nice. I didn’t have protection from fellow pack mates and I was always on the move. At least I never had to obey an alpha male. I was never one to follow the rules.

My real parents had died not too long after I was born, leaving me to be placed with foster parents. I loved Diana and John, but as soon as I turned into a werewolf I knew I couldn’t stay with them any longer. There weren’t any local packs in the area and I was forced to learn the ropes on my own, with the help of my wolf, causing myself to become tough and follow my own rules. A few alphas had tried to rein me into their packs, but they couldn’t control me. I was a powerful asset. My small build made me fast and my black fur made me invisible to the untrained eye during the night, which was the only reason I dared to take a step onto this land.

A week ago I had been mailed a letter from the elders of the werewolves. Every werewolf pack in the eastern part of the U.S.A. was required to travel to Washington D.C. to discuss the possibility of war the vampyres. From the little knowledge my wolf had shared with me, this war had been coming for centuries. In order to get to Washington D.C., I had to cross through some claimed territory. The other claimed territories were easy, I had been more dominate than their alphas and I had been allowed to cross in peace, but I could tell that the alpha of this territory was as about dominate as myself, if not more.

Dominance in the werewolf was based on how long the werewolf gene had been in your family, and supposedly the gene had been in my family for a very long time, causing myself to be more dominate than most. If my family had been around for a long time, then this man’s family tree must be fucking huge.

I was ripped out of my thoughts a wolf howl sounded in the distance. Shit, they had caught onto me. I let my wolf loose; my bones cracked, rearranging and black hair sprouted everywhere. The first couple of transformations are painful but by now it was nothing.
My wolf took control as I raced through the territory. I was fast, but not fast enough. The alpha was waiting for me, and slammed into me when I came close to him. My side met with a large tree and a stinging pain erupted from that side. Son of a bitch. I tried to stand but my body was shaking and my mind was a mess.

“Looks like you’ve gotten youself in quite a predicament.” I whipped my head to see a vampyre standing beside me. I bared my teeth, warning him not to come any closer. “Darling, I’m here to help you, not to harm you.” His voice made my wolf swoon.

I forced my thoughts into his head. ’Why would you want to help a werewolf?’

“I need some help in return.” That’s all he said, but I didn’t care. I only cared for self-preservation. Thus a deal was made between a werewolf and a vampyre.
♠ ♠ ♠
Way too short for my liking, oh well.
I originally made a totally different start for this story but I didn't like the way it was going.

Keep or Trash?