Have yourself a Merry little Christmas - One Shot

Merry Christmas everyone :) ONE SHOT STORY

Tia’s POV –

I walked down the stairs, before I could look around at the people waiting for me at the bottom, camera flashes went off in my face.

`Dad! Stop or you’ll blind me before I get to the ball!’ I said, throwing my hands over my face.

`Darling, you look beautiful’ my mum whispered as her eyes filled with tears.

I hugged her quickly before turning to who I really wanted to see.

`T-Tia… you look…wow…’ he said, taking hold of my hand, his eyes scanning over my whole body.

`So…is that your approval?’

`Im sorry but you look stunning. I just didn’t know you could get any more gorgeous.’

`Aww! You two are too much!’ my mum cooed, her eyes still wet with tears.

We posed for more pictures, the usual lame ones, you know the sort!

`We’ll see you at the ball in a bit then, yeah?’ I asked my parents

`Yes, we’re gonna get ready and leave soon so we’ll meet you there’ my dad replied before rushing upstairs.

`I guess I should escort madame to the ball then’

We stepped outside, and before we started walking towards the car waiting at the end of the drive for us, I took both of his hands, leading him to look down at me in confusion.
His piercing yet warm blue eyes peered down at me, his soft lips stretched into a smile that stretched all the way to his prominent cheek bones. His thin face was framed by a glossy head of perfectly straightened, dark, Brown hair. On his thin body he wore a Black Tuxedo and a pair of Black Vans. He was beautiful, perfect and so sweet. And best of all, he was mine. Joshua James Alphonse Franceschi was my boyfriend. And I was so thankful for that.

`What’s wrong, love?’ he asked me, quietly, his sparkling eyes staring into my own Green eyes.

`Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to preserve this moment.’

He reached down and surprised me with a soft kiss.

`You’re perfect, ya’know?’ he said

`No, im not! You’re the perfect one in this relationship.’

`Tia’ he put one hand on my cheek, `I will never be perfect, because I will never be you.’ He whispered into my ear before nibbling on my ear lobe.

I practically pounced on him then and there, on my front porch.

`Hey! I know I’m sexy but can we at least wait until after the festivities?’ he smiled, leading me to the car.

We sat in the car, cuddled up together in the back seat; the Franceschi’s were also in the car. Chris, Anne and Josh’s sister, Elissa. They all looked great and were in high-spirits.
We arrived at the Weybridge Vineyard. The only place in the whole of Surrey that, covered in thick snow, was the perfect place for a vast Christmas Ball like todays.
Josh opened my door for me before taking my hand and helping me out of the car, these heels are pretty huge for my liking! We walked up the white carpet, now covered in small snowflakes, and entered the huge ball room.

It looked fantastic! The whole place was draped with Silver and White. Snowflakes dangled from the crystal chandeliers, the dance floor was also White with tiny lights twinkling through it. Tables were scattered around the edges, adorned with food and champagne. Men were in tuxedos, women in various types and colours of dresses.

`It looks amazing.’ I said, in awe.

`Why thank you Miss!’ I heard someone say from behind me.

`Max! You did a great job, again!’ I said as he took Elissa’s hand.

` I know’ he smirked. `Liss, you look stunning, my love’

Elissa giggled before embracing him in a hug and sweet kiss.

Things have been great since Max and Elissa got together. Josh and I had been together for four years now, but Max and Elissa only got together last month when the band returned from tour for a few months. We were always together, us four, shopping, hanging out, going on dates, or, like tonight, attending fancy balls put together by Max and his extrovert family.

`May I take this dance?’ Josh asked as some Coldplay came on.

`Only if you promise not to go freestyle again like last year. That was so embarrassing’ I said,
remembering Josh’s dad-like dancing from the previous year.

`I was drunk, ok?!’ he exclaimed before leaning his face closer to mine, his lips brushed against my ear again, `I promise to behave if you promise to misbehave for me later’

I felt myself blush as I realised what he was suggesting.

`Can’t we just skip the ball?’ I said hurriedly.

`As much as I’d enjoy that I think a few hours of dancing and drinking would do you good’ he said winking before dragging me onto the dance floor.

We danced to a few songs together until the lights dimmed and a slow, acoustic guitar started.

`IT’S OUR SONG BABY!’ Max shouted from the other side of the room as the intro to Always Attract started up.

The whole of You Me At Six formed in the middle of the ball room and us girlfriends grouped together as all the guys started dancing and singing along, mimicking Josh’s singing.

I danced with Georgina, Holly and Mel for the duration of the song as the boys all swayed along to it together.

The smiles on everyone’s faces was almost magical, everyone in the room was dancing, singing along to the song as they watched their brothers, boyfriends, sons, friends, nephews or grandsons all dance together to their own song in the centre of the room. The feeling of pride I felt swelling from my chest was enough to blow anyone away. All of the people here today had been bought together by these five men on a snowy Christmas day to celebrate together as one huge family and the amount of love in the room was magical.

The song slowed to a finish before the clinking of cutlery to champagne flute was heard from the stage. There stood Max, he had managed to get away from the crowd of dancers in time to make a little speech.

`Hello everyone. I just wanted to say a few words. Firstly to my family and friends, thank you for everything, without you I wouldn’t be half the man I am today, you mean the world to me and give me strength. Secondly to my beautiful girlfriend Mellissa. I am blessed to have you in my life, you are so beautiful and make every day worth living, I thank you for being my guiding light whenever I lose my way and hope that you continue to bless me with your love for eternity. And last but definitely not least, my band mates. Matt, Chris, Dan and Josh. Matt, I love you man, we have some great times, you keep me sane on tour and bring me happiness each day, never change man. Chris, my chew bear, The Dude, you are the most quiet man I’ve ever met, yet you are the most compassionate person I will ever meet, you’ve been like the father of the band to me and I will always be grateful to get to call you my friend. Dan, although I bully you a little, you mean so much to me. I don’t think you realise how much of an asset to my life you are but I appreciate it so much. And then Josh, my Joshy, my best friend, my soul mate. I honestly have no idea what I’d do without you. You keep me sane, strong and happy all year round, you’re my brother. I have so much respect for you and I will always be honoured to call you my friend.’ Max, signalled Josh to join him on stage, `I know, that you have something you’d like to say, Tia, could you join us up here please?’

I shot a glance to Josh before looking back at Max. What was going on?! Why do I have to go on stage in front of everyone?

`Go!’ Georgina said to me before pushing me towards the stage.

Everyone’s eyes were on me but mine were glued to Josh. He waved his hand beckoning me to come to him. I walked towards the stage, feeling everyone’s eyes still on me. I stumbled up the stage steps and came to a stop next to Josh. Josh grabbed the microphone off Max before turning to the audience.

`Friends, family. As you may know, Tia and I have been together for five wonderful years now. It feels like just yesterday I met her at College on that first day. She was the only girl to turn up wearing purple jeans, Dr. Martens and a Jimmy Eat World shirt. It was from that moment that I knew she was perfect for me. From that day I have grown to know everyone part of her, I have learnt to adore her lame jokes, her soft snoring, the way her hair looks in the morning and everything about her. And I feel now is the right time to ask her a question.’

Josh turned to me, taking my hand as he kneeled down onto one knee; he reached into his Tuxedo pocket. My jaw dropped in shock, my eyes widened. He opened the box to reveal a white Gold engagement ring encrusted with a large Diamond, it was beautiful.

`Tia, I love you more than life itself, I want to love you for the rest of my life and grow old with you so, Will you marry me?’

I squealed a little before I felt tears pouring down my face.

`YES I WILL!’ I shrieked, before leaning down to press my lips to his quickly.

Josh took the ring out the box and put it onto my finger before kissing me yet again.

We turned to the crowd of our loved ones, may people wiping tears away and others embraced with their partners.

I turned to Josh again.

`Josh, I don’t…I can’t…this is perfect…I – I love you so much and I cannot wait to be your wife.’ I said, wiping more tears from my eyes.

`How about we get outta here?’ he asked, grabbing my hand. `Meet me at the door in 10 minutes, go show off your ring first’ he said before walking me to our friends.

I lost Josh in the crowd as people gathered to congratulate and see my ring. The girls were all crying, my mother and Josh’s were hysterical and already talking wedding plans. I managed to break out of the crowd nearly twenty minutes later and made my way to the front door.

`Hey honey’ Josh said from behind me.

I turned to him, hugging him tightly.

`This is the best Christmas ever’ I told him

`There’s a whole lifetime of them to come’ he said before opening the door for me.

We stepped outside, the sky now falling thick with snow by now, the roads were covered.

`I suppose we’ll have to walk home then’ Josh said.

I shivered at the thought. Maybe a little dress wasn’t such a good idea anymore.

`Here you go, my love’ Josh said as he took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders.

He draped his arm around my waist before picking me up completely.

`Now let’s get you home Mrs Franceschi. I can think of a few ways to warm each other up once we’re home’
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this! Just thought i should treat you all to a Christmassy story! Hope everyone had a safe, healthy and enjoyable Christmas. And I hope you enjoyed this short story! I wrote it in about an hour last night but Mibba wouldn't let me submit it so it's a little late but nevermind!

Here is Tia's outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/tia/set?id=41290266