Status: I wrote this for my english class

THE cat

The Cat

“Why won’t you just say we’re lost Jacob?” Mia asked looking out the window as they drove down the dark back road in Louisiana. “Because were not. Now cool your jets and let me drive!” Jacob yelled. Reyna rolled her eyes and said “We’re lost now let’s just turn around before we end up in some creepy town that likes to kill people.” Jacob turned so that he was looking at Reyna in the back seat. “Look, I know were the party is ok.” He told her. “Jacob watch out!” Mia yelled. He quickly turned around only to be too late.

He slammed on the breaks and looked out his window to see what they hit. “Jesus H. Mary and Joseph born in a manger read the bible Christ what did we hit?” Mia asked. “I think it was a deer. Yep a deer those are common hear in Louisiana. Now let’s go.” Jacob said. As he began to start the car again. “We can’t just leave it hear.” Mia told them as she got out the car. “We can and we will now drive Jacob!” Reyna yelled. “We can’t leave Mia has the gas money. So let’s jus-.” But Jacob was cut off by Mia’s scream.

“You guy get out here!” Mia yelled. The two friends ran out the car and over to where Mia was standing, but what they saw wasn’t a deer, it was a raven haired girl no older than sixteen. “Oh my god we killed someone. We’re going to go to jail.” Reyna said. “We’re not going to jail Jacob is. He was the one driving.” Mia said pointing at Jacob. “Both of you shut up. No one is going to going to jail because we’re going to get rid of the body.” Jacob said as he started to drag the body off the road. “Reyna get me something to beery her with. Mia help me carry her. ”

They took the body deep in to the woods but stopped when they saw tinny stick crucifixes. “Let’s beery her hear.” Jacob said. They sat her on the ground just as Reyna found them. Jacob took the shovel out of her hand and began to dig. “This is wrong.” Reyna told him as she looked down at the dead girl. “It’s too late to turn back now let’s get this over with.” He said as he continued to dig.

Mia looked down at the body of the life less girl and noticed something on her neck. She leaned over and saw that it was a necklace that looks like a cat’s eye. “Well she’s dead.” Mia said as she reached out to grab it. Suddenly the girls eyes shot open and she grabbed Mia’s wrist. “It’s alive!” Reyna screamed before she passed out. “Oh no she’s not!” Jacob yelled as he plunged the shovel into the girl’s chest. “Oh my god!” Mia yelled looking at the crimson blood gushing out from the girl’s chest.

When he let go of the shovel the girl began to cough up blood. “Why did you do that?” Mia asked “I-I don’t know.” Reyna woke up and slowly got up off the ground and asked “what happed?” “Jacob really killed her now.” Mia told her. Suddenly the girl let out a demonic scream causing the three friends to look at her.

The girl slowly sat up and said “I curse all of you. You will pay for what you have done.” Mia pointed at Jacob then said “it wasn’t us it was him.” The girl jumped forward and scratched Mia’s shoulder causing her to collapse to the ground, Mia expected to see blood gushing out of the wound but when she looked the scar faded away. “How did that happen?” Reyna asked. The girl tackled her then said “you could have stopped this.” She scratched Reyna across the chest then pointed to Jacob and said “you started this.” His eyes got wide and he took off towards the car.

He made it to the road only to feel the girls claws cut across his back. He fell forward and was flipped over. “All three of you will never see another sun rise.’ The girl told him before her face shifted into the face of a panther. She growled at him then took off across the road. Jacob laid there until the two girls made it made it up to him. “You jerk you left us.” Reyna said as she kicked him in the side. “Sorry I got scared.”

They slowly waked over to the car but stopped when they heard a loud snap. They looked around to see nothing but then there was an even louder snap. “Mia your cut’s bleeding. “Jacob told her. She didn’t look but she put her hand on her shoulder and felt the red liquid. “Ten, nine your soul is mine.” “Did you hear that?” Reyna asked “Eight, seven fall from heaven.” “Where is that coming from?” Jacob asked “Six, five frozen alive. Four, three room for me. ” There was another loud snap and one of the trees fell. “Two one it must be done.” Three more trees fell down and the three friends came face to face with a panther that was at least twenty feet tall with a sick and twisted smile. “Run!” Mia yelled.

They ran to the car as fast as they could. Reyna and Jacob made it in the car but right before Mia got in the cat’s paw garbed her cut shoulder and dragged her into the woods. “Mia!” they both screamed. “Help me!” she yelled. “Well she’s gone, time to go.” Jacob said as he started the car. Reyna reached forward and took the keys and said “we have to save her now com on.” They fallowed the blood and drag marks all the way back to the tinny cemetery and saw Mia’s body in the mouth of the cat. “Help me.” Mia said in a low hoarse voice. Suddenly the cat snapped his jaws completely shut snapping Mia’s ribs and spine. “Mia!” regna screamed as she began to cry. “Reyna we have to go now.” Jacob said pulling her by the arm.

When they made it up to the car Reyna tossed Jacob the keys. He started the car and slammed on the gas. “She’s dead, she’s dead, she’s dead.” Reyna repeated over and over as she began to cry harder. “What was that thing?” Jacob asked. “Jacob.” “Yea Reyna?” “My cut is bleeding.” Jacob stopped the car and turned to look at her. “This isn’t good.” He said as he turned around and started driving again. “Ten, nine your soul is mine. Eight, seven fall from heaven. Six, five frozen alive.” “It’s that song again.” Jacob said. “Four, three room for me. Two one it must be done.” Reyna turned and looked out the back seat window and said “I think you should drive faster.”

“It won’t go any faster.” He said suddenly the glass shattered in the back seat. “Reyna you ok?” but there was no answer. He stopped and turned around. But Reyna was gone. He got out the car and saw the blood leading in to the woods. “I really don’t want to do this but I have to.” Jacob whispered to himself as he began to follow the blood. The trails lead all the way back to the cemetery. Only to trip and fall when he looked to see what it was he was Mia’s dead body.

He slapped his hand over his mouth so that he wouldn’t scream. Then something fell in front of him. He slowly turned his head and saw Reyna with her intestines hanging out of her body. Jacob felt something wet on his back and he automatically knew what it was. “Run Jacob.” Reyna whispered before she closed her eyes and stopped breathing. “Yes run Jacob. The chase makes it fun.” He looked up to see the same cat that somehow had gotten smaller and was now looking down at him from a tree. “This is the part where you run away.” The cat whispered. Jacob got up and ran for his life. When he got to the car he looked in the review mirror to see the cat in the back seat smiling at him. Then everything went black.

When Jacobs’ eyes shot open he saw that he was back in the cemetery. “Look who’s up.” He turned to see the girl that they had hit earlier. “Push him in the hole.” The girl said. Next thing he knew the cat’s paw came flying towards him and pushed in in to a fifty foot hole. When he hit the bottom he felt something that didn’t feel like dirt. Jacob looked down and saw Mia and Reyna’s dead bodies. He scooted as far away from the bodies as possible. “Why are you doing this?” he asked as tears began to poor down his face. She smiled down sweetly at him and said “Because you guys didn’t do the right thing.” she turned her head and nodded then piles and piles of dirt fell on top of him. As each pile fell Jacob could feel his bones break and his air become more and more constricted. Just before he lost consciousness he apologized to Mia and Reyna for getting then in to this. When the last pile of dirt was pushed on top of the grave the cat pressed his giant paw on the grave compacting the dirt then said “You should have let me bite his head off.” The girl rolled her eyes then placed a tinny crucifix on top of the grave.
♠ ♠ ♠
yea i hope you like it. comment and rate or the cat will get you =^.^=