Status: Completed! Check out the sequel! (:

I Never Told You That I Can't Take Another Disappointment

"I feel I failed. I was meant to make you smile."

My curiosity had gotten the best of me two days ago. I had wanted to know whether or not Ben actually thought about me. I knew he had told me but I just wanted to test him after he had some beer in him and he gave me the same answer. My intuition had been right. That night I got hardly any sleep what so ever. My mind was on over drive or maybe it was the insomnia I had inherited.

We were in Alabama playing at the Von Braun center later tonight. It was about eleven when Matt got back on the bus from being gone for a little while. I sat with my vans on the table playing Temple Run when a bag being dropped on the table scared the shit out of me.

I looked up from my phone and Matt stood there with a weird smile on his face. I asked,” What’s up with you?”

He pushed the bag towards me with that same awkward smile. I was beginning to wonder what he had smoked earlier. I pulled the bag onto my lap to see a box of high heels and a dress.

Confused I questioned,” What is this?

He stated,” Go put it on.”

I bit my lip,” Why…?”

He pointed to the bathroom and refused to answer me. I rolled my eyes and walked to the bathroom to put on whatever was in this bag. I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress had fit perfectly. I was getting more and more confused as the time ticked away.

I stepped out of the bathroom in the dress and heels. I put my hand on my hip,” Alright. Now will you tell me why I have to have this on?”

He proclaimed,” go outside and see for your self will ya!?”

I blurted out,” But I’m supposed to go to lunch with Zacky.”

He shook his head,” Not today.”

I walked past him and opened up the door. Let’s just say I was speechless when I opened the door. Ben smiled and offered his hand to help me off the bus,” Madam?”

I arched my eyebrow,” What’s going on?”

He link his arm with mine and replied,” Well in all fairness, I messed up our prom so I’m making it up to you. Just a little late.”

I couldn’t help but be flattered that he was trying to be romantic. Him messing up our senior year prom was another story. To make a long story short, he was extremely drugged up and ended up having a seizure and our special night ended in a hospital room. I tried to forget about the fact that I wasn’t getting the normal prom experience like any other girl. I shook my head. That was the past and right now I had to focus on what was happening now.

I looked over my shoulder to see Matt looking through the window with a huge smile on his face. He waved and then closed the blinds. I thought for a second. Was he helping Ben? Why would he do that?

I made a mental note to ask him why he was helping Ben. I mean it was just Ben, you would think that Matt would be on Zacky’s side. I came out of my own mind and smiled. The site in front of me was beautiful. It was one of the instrument rooms in the venue covered with tea light candles and a table with two wine classes and a radio. It wasn’t like prom but in its own way it was special.

Ben:

I was nervous with how quiet Alexandria had gotten on our walk over here. She was all tense and I was starting to critique everything I was doing wrong. First off, we went to prom in a limo then left in an ambulance…. Shit, forget about the damn bad part of prom.

When we got inside the venue I saw her smile and it calmed be down a bit more. It was hard to believe that a rocker guy like me had a side to him like this. I blurted out,” What do you think?”

She opened her mouth but I interrupted,” I know it’s nothing like the real prom and its cheap shit and…”

She chuckled,” calm down Ben. It’s really sweet, you did a good job.”

She unlinked her arm and walked towards the table and messed with the radio. I let my eyes graze over my old flame. She was just as beautiful as ever but over the years she had only inherited more loveliness. She was graceful yet she had a rocking side of her. She had fit perfectly in my life, yet I had been in such a rush to push her out. They always say the first step is to accept your problem. I have accepted mine and I’m determined to fix it.

Her fingers twiddled with the knobs and whatever station was on was playing a semi slow song. I walked over to her with blank expression and offered her my hand. She looked a bit hesitant but then let me lead her into a dance. After a few seconds she stated,” You’re still horrible at dancing Ben.”

I laughed.

Her arms draped around my neck and she rested her head against my shoulder casually. Her scent intoxicated me. My arms were around her waist but I was picking at my fingernails out of nerves. I still couldn’t believe that I had gotten to hold her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alexandria's dress
Alexandria's shoes
Alexandria's tattoo (since the last link didnt work)

I hope you liked this cute chapter! Sorry its been a while i had a fashion show i was in and then i got a respiratory infection! YucK! Oh well though, i'm back at updating!