Status: On hiatus.

Cryptic Apocalyptic

12

Kat Von D fell forward as she laughed, almost spilling her Bourbon all over her leather pants. Lila giggled at her new friend. Matt Tuck gave Kat a sideways hug, singing “Like A Virgin” rather drunkenly.
Howard Jones was so drunk he was barely able to have a rather odd and rambling conversation with Brian about why all women were evil. He'd just gotten out of a long-term relationship. They were doing the guy talk thing- well if one used the term 'talk' liberally.

"Oooh, look at the clouds!" Lila giggled as a massive storm began brewing over a large expanse of land.

"You like it, Cuddles?" Jimmy whispered to her excitedly, tightening his arm around her shoulder.

"Pretty!"

All of a sudden three mammoth lightning bolts pounded into the ground, illuminating the bar even more than the electronic lighting. Seconds later three earsplitting booms rolled into one and shook the very windows. The vibrations ran through the ground and up through the soles of people's shoes. Lila giggled clapping her hands. Rain began pounding down ruthlessly, sheeting the air and impairing vision. The others left the destructive duo to their fun, concentrating more on shots and cocaine than the rain.

Papa G. sat idly in the front seat of the BMW, glancing at his watch every couple of minutes to make sure everyone was playing their parts on time. The Sinner, Joe, had entered the church and was standing near the alter speaking with the priest who was assigned to watch the church that night. Since the church never locked its doors, they always had someone there, but rarely at night was there more than one person. Everyone felt nervous that it was going to be so easy; demons and other members of the dark side were naturally distrustful and cynical folks. Some suspected there might be a trap.

"F-father?" Father Luke spun around at the voice.

"Joseph, what on earth has brought you here at this time of night?"

"I-I-I need help!" He cried painfully, sinking to his knees and wrapping his arms around himself. Father Luke rushed to him and knelt by his side.

"I'll always be here to help you Joe," he whispered, embracing the wayward boy.

"I know, I know," Joe babbled as he cried. He calmed down some. "I need to show you something."

"What?"

"Outside, please, I don't have a lot of time." Joe shakily pulled himself to his feet with the help of a nearby pew.

"What is it Joe?" Father Luke asked fearfully.

"I can't explain, just please let me show you. I really need someone to help me. Please." He was begging now, and the holy man could not refuse him. Joe lead the way outside and around to the side of the church to a secluded section of the parking lot that was hidden from view by a dumpster and an old shed. It had begun to rain.

"Joseph... there's nothing here." The priest knew something was very wrong. Joe had his head hung and was blocking any escape.

"Nothing you can see maybe," came a smooth voice from over Joe's shoulder. A very blond demon came into view, a black hood pulled over his face to hide him from the rain. He clapped his hand on Joe's shoulder as two other demons came up on either side of him. Horrified, the priest backed against the wall, clutching the cross around his neck. "That won't help you now old man," The blond one taunted.

Receiving the signal that the priest was being taken care of, the three black-haired men flung open the front doors of the church and entered it. There was minimal light, most of what there was coming from candles by the stations of the cross and the spotlights over the alter. They strode forward, taking the time only to topple over the tabernacle and desecrate the alter before heading toward their destination. With Sophie's descriptions and their own intuitive lock on her to guide them, they made quick work of finding the stone basement and the heavily bolted door.

Finding Sophie in his mind's eye, the one whose chocolate orbs she so admired determined that she was safely curled into a ball on her cot. He kicked down the door with little effort and rushed in to see her shocked but unmarked little face. He swooped her into his arms; kissing every bit of her he could reach as he spun around.

"Don't you worry baby," he cooed as he carried her from there, his two brothers looking on with smiles. "Daddy's got you."

The hazel-eyed of the three toppled over the candles, setting the carpet by the alter on fire. They used their powers to make the fire spread, climb up the walls and burn so intensely the motor and stones began to grow soft and slowly melt. The whole building was letting off steam as the raindrops splashed onto it and sizzled away. The three stepped into the down pour as lightning struck and met the three demons where they were playing with the priest. Joe was shuffling his feet and avoiding looking at Father Luke. He perked up as soon as he saw the girl. He knew it was almost over.

"Good job boys." Brown eyes smiled at his friends.

"No problem man, fucker deserves worse." The blonde on glared spitefully.

"The lord will always win. No matter what you do to me he will have his way with you in the end." The priest was trying to be brave but they could all smell his terror.

"I really don't think my brother wants to 'have his way with me.’ It's a bit incestuous and that shit is just wrong." Father Luke's extreme paralyzing fear kicked into overdrive as Papa G. revealed himself.

"Y-y-y-you-"

"I am the brother of the Devil and the brother of your God. I am just as powerful as they are and I'm not taking any crap from you. Now I'll let you live as long as you answer my questions honestly." Father Luke nodded vigorously.

"Where is the other one?"

"Other one?" Father Luke gasped.

"The second of the three Prophets! We know you have him, now tell us where he is!"

"I don't know!" Papa G. grabbed the man by his robes and held him off the ground. "You can not lie to me. They never told you about the Prophets, but you still think you know where they might be keeping the second child."

"I don't!"

"Didn't I just tell you not to lie to me?!" Papa G. screamed. "You have no idea what's at stake here!" Fir erupted from his hands, licking at the priest but not burning him- yet. It didn't seem at all affected by the pouring rain. "I will do anything for my family! Now fucking tell me where the boy is!" The priest was too horrified to speak so PG threw him to the ground again, stepping forward.

"Is he gonna kill him?" Sophie quietly asked the man she clung to.

"If he's lucky," was the whisper she received. She nodded and buried her face in his neck, letting him hum her to sleep. She hadn't had anything like this much excitement in months and it had worn her right out.

Papa G looked over at Joe who nodded, looking sick as he did so. Brian Sr. used his powers to sit the priest up and stare into his wide eyes. Horrible sensations were running through the priest and he found himself wishing for death just to end them. He wanted to throw up, to bang his head against a wall and cry, but he couldn't. Suddenly he was released.

"Romania! The Church of the Virgin in Romania!" he screamed.

"That wasn't so hard, now was it?" the blond demon taunted, amused. They began to walk away. As the priest realized they were through with him he suddenly grew the courage to speak.

"You will suffer all the pain you have inflicted and so will that filthy little abomination you have stolen from our protection! Your blasphemy will be punished! And you Joseph will join this vile creatures in Hell where you belong!"

A very abrupt about face resulted. Those with powers were practically shaking with rage. Sophia was more or less royalty to them and this meaningless shit had called her a 'filthy little abomination'?! This wasn't going to fly.

"Goodbye, Dad." Joseph spoke somberly. He hadn't wanted his father to be hurt, but he understood that they couldn't let him get away with something like that even if they were going to let him off for imprisoning and psychologically torturing the precious child they'd come to rescue. Each of them except for Joe smiled as the purple lightning blot struck the man's chest. He screamed and toppled over, dead. Staring at the flooded pavement Joe felt the sinking vacuum of loss. Even if his father had abandoned his family for his 'holy calling' and failed to ever be there for him, he was still his father. He turned his back and walked away with the rest of the group. What was done was done.

------------------

"Eminem!" the announcer roared, just before the rapper took the stage. Matt and the others screamed for him as he came. He started out with Business. Lila and Jimmy were having fun half fucking on the dance floor and telling each other exactly what they would be doing to their partner later that night. Jimmy groaned and buried his head further into Lila's neck as she twisted her hips in just the right way. His pants grew that much tighter as she licked the side of his neck, nibbling on the spot that drove him wild.

"Fuck Lie," He squeezed her backside in retaliation, earning his giggle from his beloved. "Fuck this party, let's go home," he begged her, grinding his pelvic area into hers by way of persuasion.

"The famous Jimmy Sullivan miss a party? Never!"

"I have better things I could be doing," he whispered in her ear, nibbling her earlobe and pressing her body against his. She groaned, clinging tighter to him just as the song ended. Jimmy let out a half groan half growl of frustration. He slid his hands over his hips and down her thighs to her knees. He picked them up and wrapped them around his hips. She held on to his neck tightly while he held her around her middle. They sat down at the huge booth the guys had dominated and continued their little make out session between drinks.

"Sophie, honey, wake up." A gentle hand was shaking her shoulder lightly. The little girl whimpered and tried to pull her thin blanket over her head to hide, but found a down comforter in its place. Curiously, she opened her eyes and saw her favorite of the men from her dreams. They seemed to be in some kind of hotel room, but a very nice one. Her blue eyes became wide as she remembered what he'd said when he'd come to rescue her.

"Daddy?" She questioned timidly.

"Yes, cupcake." He smiled, stroking some of her dark curls away from her face. Her chin began to wobble and her eyes glossed over. She sat up and wrapped her thin little arms around him as far as they would go.

"Never leave again!" She cried.

"Never, princess, never," he promised, his heart breaking. "I never wanted to leave you. I love you very much, and I'm gonna do my best to keep all the bad things away from you, okay? Those mean men and their friends will never hurt you again as long as your daddy's here." She nodded, letting him wipe away her tears and pull her into his lap, and rock her back and forth.

"Mommy always said you'd come for us," she whispered as her eyes started drooping. As if in after thought she asked, "Where is mommy? Did you get her first or are we going now?" He took a deep breath and contemplated how to respond to that.

"Princess, you mommy is already home. Were going to go there and be with her soon. First we just have to do some stuff for Mr. Lewis. You remember him, right?" She nodded. He forgot the entire reason why he woke his daughter up in the first place as he remembered how helplessly he'd been left to watch what had happened to the two girls he loved more than anything in existence.

Jessie kissed her daughter's forehead, tucking her Hello Kitty blanket tighter around her. The little nightlight cast a purple glow over the child, making her seem even more beautiful and peaceful than normal. She sighed as she watched the little one sleeping. If only she knew- where she had come from, what was in store for her, why her father couldn't be with her. Jessie desperately wanted to tell her these things, but knew she couldn't. Sophie had to find out on her own or she would never believe. All Jessie could to was love her and try to protect her as best as she could.

She stood up and walked into the hallway towards the bathroom so she could shower and prepare for bed. Their house wasn't large by any means, but Jessie liked to think she provided for her daughter well. Being a single parent was easily the hardest thing she'd ever done, but she always kept the ruby and onyx ring her lover had given her during their short jaunt together. He had promised to love both her and their child even while they couldn't see him and she believed him. She paused in front of the bathroom mirror, taking in her appearance. She wasn't as disheveled as she usually was by this time of night but her soft wavy hair was a bit frizzy and her once perfectly smooth milky skin still showed worry lines.

She wondered if he would still want her after all their time apart. Certainly Sophie would still be on top of his priorities, but would she? Her blue eyes were duller than they had been and although her figure was much the same (miraculously), she could no longer afford to dress like she had. Her full lips seemed more faded and her nails were not impeccably polished any longer. She heaved another sigh, running her hands through her hair. She just had to have faith in him that even if he didn't love her anymore he would still make sure she was okay. It was all she could do. Just as she was lifting her black wife beater over her head there was a succession of rapid knocks at her door. She let her shirt fall back down, and jogged to answer it afraid they might wake Sophie. She was pushed backward as a fleet of priests entered her home.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" she had cried, outraged.

"I warned you that it might come to this," Father Rappa chastised her. "We told you she had the sight. Again and again you've continued to completely ignore our warnings. The time has come to take this into our own hands, however much we may not want to."

"Who the fuck do you think you are?! Get out of my house! All of you! This is trespassing! I'm calling the fucking police!" She reached for the telephone when Father Rappa caught her arm and pulled her to him.

"There is no need for such harsh language or such a useless act. We are tying to save the world and your child's damned immortal soul! If you had any sense you'd just let us help you!" She heard Sophie start crying hysterically from her room and began to really panic.

"Don't you fucking touch my baby! Keep your filthy hands off her!" She tried to rip her arm away from Rappa, but was unable to escape his grasp. Three of the robed men came scuttling out of the hall where the child's room was. One was trying to restrain her in his arms while they headed toward the door.

"Mommy!" she screamed. "Help! Put me down! Mommy!" Another of the priests forced a white cloth over her face and held it there despite her protests.

"No! Get away from her!" Another of the priests had to help Rappa hold Jessie back. "Keep your fucking hands off my baby girl! No!" Tears were running down her face as she watched them take her baby out to a van that was running idol on the curb. The other priest let her go as it drove off. She turned around and decked Rappa, watching in satisfaction as blood spurted from his nose and he fell on his ass. She climbed on top of him, bashing her fist into his face again. "You fucker! You'll fucking pay for this! You don't know what you've done!" He shoved her off and stood up with his comrade's help.

"I've done exactly as I should have. The child can now receive the help she needs to exorcise this evil from her. In time you'll be thanking me and the Lord for all our work."

"Not before I thank the judge that sends your evil wrinkled ass to jail for the rest of your miserable life! How many people in there do you think have been molested by Catholic priests when they were little?" She smirked bitterly and went for the phone. Enraged, Rappa snatched the phone before her and smacked her over the head with it. She was knocked to the ground by the unexpected blow. He wrapped the cord around her neck yanking both ends in opposite directions.

"You can not stop the work of the Lord!" he screamed into her discolored face. "Good must prevail over evil! This must be dealt with! You just don't understand! I'm trying to save you!" By the time the other man was able to pull Rappa away it was too late. He began to realize what he'd done once he was standing over her limp cooling body. "We've got to get rid of it. This could ruin everything." The other was much younger and more inexperienced and could only nod.

"Take care of it," Rappa ordered, briskly making his way into the chill night.


He had felt so helpless, trapped in hell- literally. He'd met his lover as soon as he could run to the gates. Out of pure luck, Papa G. had been watching them so Syn could go party with the others. He explained to the older man what had happened and they'd agreed that the situation would have to be dealt with. He hadn't been allowed to tell the others, as Lewis didn't want them to know that Sophie was a prophet. Though upon occasions there were prophets for both sides, the three most powerful were destined to live together on Earth in the years before the end. If they even took one look at Sophie they would realize what she was. They would realize easily what that meant. The Apocalypse was coming, and it would be on them very soon. The instant the first horseman touched foot on Earthly soil the deal was sealed.

"Hey man, we've got to get going now. PG is getting really anxious." His blue-eyed friend pulled him from his thoughts. He nodded and scooped his baby in his arms, careful not to wake her this time. She stirred a bit and clung to him. PG and the three men with black hair gathered together and simultaneously teleported out of the hotel. They came out of the alley in LA and strolled into the club beside it. No one dared to stop them even to ask about the little girl who was being carried. The strange feeling of the move had woken her and she was now very excited about all the bright lights and interesting people around her. The group of five walked right up to A7X's booth and stood before them.

"I'm off working and you little bastards are having all the fun." Papa G. joked playfully.

"Dad! What the hell are you doing here?"

"Guys?!" Jimmy was incredulous. Half shoving Lila off his lap he jumped onto the table and off the other side. He embraced his three brothers in a huge group hug. As he pulled away he noticed Sophie, who was looking back at him with equally as blue and curious eyes.

"wiL, where the Hell did you get a baby?!" The hazel-eyed Horseman of War smiled, preparing to tell the story.
♠ ♠ ♠
o.o Bet you weren't expecting that shit, eh?

So I decided to stop being lazy and edited this before I drove Mando even more crazy, even though she didn't act like it. ;]

Feedback is sexy.

-Mego