Status: On hiatus.

Cryptic Apocalyptic

02

Matt shook his head erasing the message and hoping that his father wouldn't have the time to be watching him so closely every second. Jimmy had long disappeared into the depths of the house, looking quite like he had just arrived in wonderland. Zacky was wondering off with his head seemingly on a swivel, still in awe that they were really there. The Berry’s were busy putting things away and Papa G. had gone to pick out his room.

He couldn’t help a sickening ball of worry from erupting in his stomach. Their powers would all be weaker here, and they could barely ever use them. They had been invulnerable in Hell, but up here it was entirely possible- though unlikely- for them to die.

Of course they’d all watched the sin that went on above them and had learned to used their powers to manipulate impressionable humans into doing all the things they weren’t supposed to, but they’d never actually interacted with anyone except for demons and dead souls. This was going to be one hell of an experience. Pun intended.

Matt began his ascent up the stairs shaking his head at the green carpeting. Clearly his father had left the decorating up to them. He snapped his fingers lazily and it became a velvet soft black at once. At the top of the stairs the long hallway stretched out in two opposite directions. A glance to his immediate left told him a door was hanging open as though waiting fro him. With curiosity already peaking he stepped beyond it and there he found a large office with a dark wooden desk and a squishy wheely chair. Laid on the desk were two crisp midnight black envelopes envelopes with bloody red wax seals.

One was filled with limitless credit cards and the other was filled with proofs of identity. Of course, such little plastic nuisances would be easy to conger on the spot should they be needed, but all the same it was thoughtful of him. Matt sat down behind the chair, taking in the view and grinning wickedly. He always did love being in the seat of power, just like his father. He noticed a post-it attached to the surface of the desk by his right hand and picked it up.

weapons in cabinet -Dad

Sure enough the cabinet behind him was stocked full of all manner of guns, knives, amo, and various sorts of intimidating torture devises. He smiled and pulled out a nine millimeter, which felt cool and feather-light in his hand.How many souls had this beautiful instrument sent to the family? he wondered fondly. He put it back with a smidgen of reluctance and closed the cabinet. Noticing the padlock hanging from it, he grinned again. Clever old man. Any item forged in the fires of hell would respond only to occupants of that place- and none above his bloodline. His darling father had just handed him every little thing he needed to overtake the entire state of California on a silver platter. Matt had no intention of wasting sucha gift. He locked it up and exited the room, continuing down the hallway.

He found Zacky considering how he wanted to redecorate the room he had chosen. It was currently white and light blue. Clearly, that simply wouldn't do. There were strips of dark paint next to each other on the walls and different curtains rearranging themselves in midair. Matt handed his brother the identity papers and credit cards Zacky’d been left and chatted a bit about the office and their plans before moving on to Johnny and the others.

When all of that was sorted out, Matt went in search of his room. He found what he was looking for on the third floor. It was very open, with a large window facing the front, so he could see anyone who came up their private road and in their driveway, it had a walk-in closet that could have served as another room altogether and was connected to a bathroom that was positively regal, with gold inlay and marble everywhere.

There was an adjoining room, which was just as impressive, though obviously meant for a woman. This room was the mirror opposite of his with an excellent view of the pool and hot tub that resided in the exclusive back yard, and it’s own disgustingly huge closet full of secret compartments for valuables and such.

The room connected to his bathroom instead of one of it’s own, but he didn’t mind seeing as nobody would be in there. Zacky was pleased with his room. What had really sold him on this one over the others was that there was a balcony that would absolutely perfect for watching the sunset over the beach. There was a large jacuzzi style bathtub, and a king size bed fit perfectly across from the balcony and the 48" flat screen tv he'd added.
Everything screamed luxury and he loved it.

Johnny’s room was smaller than the others, but still larger than any normal person's would have been. He had what the others had only not quite so flamboyantly excessive. What he really liked about it was the fact that it was far less removed from the heart of the house as the other rooms were. He was directly above the kitchen, right behind a living room, and near to Papa G.’s room. He liked being at the center of all the activity and didn’t mind giving up a bit of the extravagance for it at all.

As far as the others went, Jimmy chose the room that was actually the second largest, loving the space and sense of freedom it provided. One wall was entirely floor to ceiling glass and he could see the city over the trees. One of the first things he did was cover that wall with thick black drapes that he only intended to open at night. The floor space provided an ample location for his insane drum kit and the architecture of was exactly to his taste. The ceiling was forced to meet the wall at an odd angle a couple of times and the end of the room where he'd put his drum kit was actually rounded like half of the room was in a torrent. It was pretty close to where Johnny’s was, and directly next to Brian’s.

Brian’s room was of moderate size in comparison with the others, but was ten times more ornate, and somehow more solid. It was less airy and open, and gave off a vibe of impenetrability. He was near his father, which was always a bonus, and had a lovely view of the ocean. The Berrys' chose twin rooms on the first floor, and conveniently enough only a hop a skip and a jump away from both the liquor cabinet and the kitchen both.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized today that I had this sitting around. o.O
This is going to be the last update until Stand Tall is done. =/
Which will be soon, by the way.
And since there has been problems with joint accounts lately, Mando and I have decided to just co-write all of the stories, which will all be on this account.
Sorry is there is any confusion. :]
Oh, and I also apologize for the random spaces you'll probably find here and there. Mibba loves to fuck up the sentences, and I have no idea how to fix it.

-Mego