Status: On hiatus.

Cryptic Apocalyptic

07

With a bounce Jimmy got off the bed, holding his hand out to his girl.

"Why can't we just hide up here?" she asked quietly, clinging to the rose he'd created for her.

"Babe, there's no point in hiding from Lewis. He'll just be angrier when he finds us, so we might as well just go now."

"Fine. But I don't like this, and it isn't your life on the line here, Bub."

"He coulddestroy me... I think. I'm not really sure. But even if he kills you, you'll just go to Hell and I'll see you in a couple weeks when Lewis sends us back. Now come on." More screaming came from the lower level of the house. Lila paused, grimacing and not seeming to want to move. Jimmy sighed and scooped her up, opening the door to a wall of sound from a very enraged Lord of Evil.

With each step they took the noise intensified until Lila actually had to hold her ears for fear of hearing loss. Jimmy walked up behind Lewis, whose back was facing the stairs as he screamed at the boys.

The Berry's were back by now, and as Matt Berry struggled with a watermelon, a jug of bleach, milk, and a bag containing eggs, bread, and pudding. Jason Berry did his best to find something to calm the Dark One down with.

"Hey Lew," Jimmy casually greeted him as he stepped off of the last stair, putting Lila down as he did.

"You!" Lewis spun around pointing on finger straight at The Horseman. "How fucking stupid are you! Don't you remember the inquisition?! We spent decades cleaning that shit up! No one was even fucking up here for that! How the fuck are you going to explain this?! Do you have any idea what she could do if she just got in a cab and took a rid down to Saint Pete's?! You are not fucking invincible here! Don't you understand that?!"

"I got it Lew, but she's on our side, with all the shit she'd done no angel or saint will want to come within a mile of her or her polluted soul. She's the one for me. I know it Lew; I can feel it. I explained everything and she wants to help the cause." They all looked at the girl. Lewis seemed to be staring at her as if doing calculations in his head.

"Fuck. Well, at least we know we can trust her." He all at once became completely pacified before turning to look between Jimmy and Lila. "You are fucking lucky this girl was made for you, boy. Otherwise I'd be really upset about this. Breaking the rules and then asking for favors..." He shook his head. With a much gentler expression he turned to the girl and extended his hand. "Hey, I'm Lewis Black, previously known as Lucifer, and it's a real pleasure to meet you. I'm so sorry about all the yelling, but you know I worry. This is their first time up here, after all. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you right away, but as you can imagine I've been swamped lately." Lila just shook his hand and nodded, trying not to look to confused.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I hear you're pretty evil." She smiled politely wondering what the hell he was talking about.

Jimmy leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Don't ask, it's really fucked up, but Lewis knows who we're meant to be with, and you and me are simply meant to be." He kissed her cheek. Lewis chuckled and made a chalice appear in his hand. Lila knew what was coming right away.

"Jimmy doesn’t technically have a soul since he was created of and for evil, but you do, obviously. As long as your soul has a chance for salvation there is a chance you might be separated from him forever. But if that soul is no longer in God's grasp, if I give you power, if I make you like your lover, then you can have everything you've ever wanted and dreamed of. If you want to be with him for so long as you both shall live and all that good crap, take a nice long sip of this." Lila didn't have to think twice. There was nothing she would miss enough to leave Jimmy behind.

She took the cup, admiring briefly it's design, which was truly beautiful. "I'm warning you now, if you do this you'll never be admitted into heaven. You'll become just as evil and immortal as Jimmy, and you will be completely under my command, forever damned to hell. If you have a problem with that put the chalice down now and walk away." Lila shook her head. It was Jimmy. Somehow it had always been Jimmy, and all she was doing was waiting for him. She tipped her head back and drank. The black liquid was sweeter and more delicious than anything she'd ever tasted.

It took her higher and made her more euphoric than any drug she'd ever tried, it seeped into every cell of her body, it consumed her. It burned and it froze all at the same time. She was so lost in it that she passed out, caught by her beloved before she could hit the ground, the rose taking her place on the marble floor. Her body was changing. The deep purple circles beneath her eyes, the shallow look to her pale skin, and the limpness that hung around her from her drug burn out all faded out.

This was something wordless that altered. A certain vibe that the others gave off, as if a subtle warning to all those she met that she wasn't human. That she was dangerous, evil, and maybe even supernatural.

"You know that little stunt was dangerous. You put all of them in danger including yourself." Lewis adjusted his glass as he turned to Jimmy.

"She's meant to be with me, what else could I do?" Lewis sighed.

"Next time this happens, and I know it's going to happen again, come to me with the girl first. Let me check and make sure you've got the right one. We can't afford to run risks. I know you guys are used to living at home, but they can torture you here. This isn't kids stuff anymore. These fucks have guys all over the place. You've got to make sure those fucking crazy Christians don't find you, or he’ll help us, an angel. The egotistic bastard up there is really starting to piss me off, so I want you to really piss him off. Oh, and whoever that guy is that works the counter of the Starbucks in the mall, get him to sell his soul. He was a little dickhead and I can't wait forty years to show the little fucker who's boss. I better get going, I left you mother in charge." They all grimaced. "It was good seeing you. He gave them all a hug and a handshake before bursting into flames and disappearing.

"How long do you think she'll be out for?" he asked, kneeling by his unconscious bride.

"I'm not sure. I've never had to deal with this sort of thing personally before. The last one Lewis offered that kind of power to was Martha, and we all remember how that turned out," Jason Berry reminded them. They all shook their heads and winced as they recalled that particular incident.

"Just put her in bed, we'll take her to Johnny's and celebrate whenever she snaps out of it," Zacky suggested.

"Good thinking man" Jimmy clapped him on the back, scooping Lila up again and taking her up the stairs. The rose materialized into thin air and found its way between Lila's chest and her limp hand.

"Well, I suppose now that that crazy fuck is back we might as well go," Brian reasoned, taking one last puff of his cigarette and snubbing the bud on the polished marble flooring. Matt nodded, snapping his fingers at the soot while Zacky pulled out his phone and made a few calls.

After demolishing a few six packs in the den just off the foyer, the guys were greeted with one of the three men they had been waiting on.

"Hello gentlemen, I knocked but no one answered. I have those reports you asked me about." Chuck strolled into the mansion, adjusting his tie almost nervously. Chuck smiled tightly and held out a small stack of manila filing folders.

"I believe this should have everything you will require. However, I do have my belongings all packed and ready to go in my car. I just spoke with Dave and he will be here shortly. Is there anything else I can do for you before we leave?"

"Yeah man, there is- pull the stick out of your ass and loosen up. This is as much pleasure as it is business. And stop being so anxious," he leaned in and lowered his voice to a whisper, "we won't tell anyone. Promise." He laughed, as did the others, as Chuck's whole face turned red. He would never be able to live down or forget what he had done. He dutifully followed his masters as they went to a small den just of the grand foyer.
Not five minutes after they had sat down there, the front door opened with a loud bang, startling everyone.

"Guys?" Dave screamed, questioningly.

"In here!"

"Hey dudes, ready to roll? I got Marty waitin' outside." Dave ran a hand through his long tangled hair his ever-trusty jean jacket on; only this time it was covering a Metallica shirt circa Master Of Puppets. He had on black and grey faded camouflage pants tucked into Doc Martins with a shining spiked gauntlet on his right arm.

His Deathbat dog tag was polished and in place, gleaming in front of one of the 'L's.

"Hey, Chuck," he greeted the other man a bit less enthusiastically.

"So, we all set to go or what?"

"Yeah, we were just waiting for you man." Matt smiled and got up to give Dave a manly hug, followed shortly by the rest of the guys. They'd grown really close really fast.

"We found Jimmy, by the way," Brian told him. The small talk continued as the group all headed out to the driveway. Papa G and the Berry's were staying behind to watch the crazy couple, but the rest of the gang were headed to Vegas, where the real games were going to begin.

They had decided to take a larger more durable limousine, instead of one of their many favored Italian sports cars or Dave's bike.

Martin was indeed leaning against his yellow Cadillac with a cigarette between his teeth and a backpack over his shoulder. Dave grabbed his own bag from by his bike and took a look towards the car.

They unanimously nominated Chuck to drive. After stopping by Johnny's to pick up some chicks and some other more chemical necessities they were off, ready to blow their day driving straight to Vegas, and their night turning it upside down.

"So where do you guys plan on staying?" Martin asked as they noticed the bright lights of Vegas just before them, glimmering in the dimming sunlight.

"I don't know, man, we never really thought about it." Matt seemed completely bewildered by the question. He'd never actually needed to pick a place to stay. None of them had. Of course there were a few other palaces in Hell, but they were nothing compared to the Imperial Palace, and were mainly just vacation homes. None of them had ever had any need to worry about where they were going to sleep for the night except for Jimmy, who was currently not with them.

Seeing each other’s thoughts as clearly as if through polished glass, they spoke at once when a decision was reached.

"The Palms."

"Why?" Martin couldn't help but ask, a little freaked that they'd all spoken in unison. Dave had a knowing smile. He was all about Vegas, it was his love over any other place in the world, and he had a good idea of what might attract the guys to the palms over someplace like, say, the Bellagio.

"The Playboy Club," Brian answered with a huge smile like all the other guys had. "It's poor Jimmy's bachelor party, and he's not even invited." They all laughed.

"Hold up one fucking minute! He got married?!" Martin was in shock and even Dave had his eyebrows high and his mouth open.

"Not quite," Zacky laughed. "Something much more permanent and binding."

By the time they had explained everything to the stunned mortals, Chuck had pulled up outside of the hotel.

The valet bounded to the driver’s side as soon as the wheels were still, a huge smile on his face that spoke of a clear hope for a big tip.

His greetings were completely ignored as the guys piled out of the car, even Chuck not paying any attention as he handed the keys over and directed the bellhop about getting his Dave's and Martin's luggage from the trunk. The boys stalked right past the doorman, into the lobby and right up to the front desk.

"Good evening, gentleman. Welcome to the Palms Hotel, my name is Heather. How may I service you this evening?" the young, pretty natural blond behind the desk beamed at them. Brian grinned in a way that suggested she'd be staying in the hotel long after her shift was over.

"We need the biggest and best fucking suit you've got, and we want it now," Matt ordered in a polite, yet demanding tone. He didn't believe in being disrespectful to women, but he was tired from a long day and he didn't feel like dealing with people.

Heather's full beautiful lips parted in silent shock. It wasn't everyday a big group of men, mostly in ripped jeans and band shirts, full of tattoos none the less, came in acting like they owned the place. She stammered a bit, pushing the wavy hair behind her ears and turning abruptly to the hidden computer on the desk before her. She tapped away, the guys standing impatiently.

"We have several very large, very impressive suits and villas you may be interested in, sir. Perhaps if you could tell me more about what you're looking for? Or maybe a price range?" she hinted subtly. Matt rolled his eyes behind his aviators.

"Fuck the price, just get us a huge fucking room with a well stocked bar-"

"And a jacuzzi!" Johnny insisted, looking around Matt to the girl. Matt laughed a little, pushing his youngest brother's head to the side.

"With a Jacuzzi," he confirmed, now with a smile.

She tapped at the keys a bit more, ripping he eyes away from them and giving them another practiced-to-be-natural smile.

"Well, you're in luck gentlemen, because it just so happens many of our Sky Villa's happen to be open, and I think you may be interested in our Hugh Hefner penthouse-"

"Yes." Several of them had answered simultaneously. She had a little smile on her face as she clicked something and looked back at Matt.

"Of course it is rather expensive..."

"I don't fucking care." Matt took a breath regaining his composure. He slid one of his credit cards at the girl and ordered, "Book it."

"For how long, sir?" She asked timidly.

"Three days." She signaled to another employee as the men turned to discuss their plans. She told the young man to lead them to where they needed to go. Brian came up to the desk for the card, but also for something else. She giggled flirtatiously, flaunting herself as best she could.

"Not bad for a day's work," Martin commented as they rode the glass elevator much higher in the sky than he had ever been before.

"Yeah, I guess, but now we have a whole night's work ahead of us," Brian laughed, earning a strange look from his guide.

The Hugh Hefner 'Sky Villa' as it was called was absolutely amazing. It was located on top of the Fantasy Tower. It boasted an outdoor, cantilevered Playboy Jacuzzi pool with glass end wall and spectacular view of The Strip glittering viciously below.

The guide bragged about it offering the best of everything- including a large living room full of all sorts of modern geometrically shaped furniture, full bar with enough chairs for them all, media room, dining room, fully equipped gym with sauna and a spa-style treatment room. The lighting was amazing, candles everywhere for that extra touch. The best part of the whole thing was without a doubt the eight-foot, round rotating bed with overhead mirror. Not only that but there was an extra-large show tub, pop-up plasma televisions, poker table, an outdoor terrace with Strip views, and sunbathing areas with a bar.

Miraculously, Martin, Dave, and Chuck's belongings were already waiting by the door as they walked in. The boys gave them just enough time to put their bags away as they raided the bar and freshened up with the help of their powers. They hadn't bothered to pack just for a weekend jaunt. They saved those sorts of human things- like luggage- for longer journeys.

The humans stepped out of their respective sleeping places, and before you could say 'pig fucker' they were all crammed back into the spacious glass elevator, on their way to the Voodoo Lounge, where some very special people were waiting to meet them.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you guys want more info on where they're staying, go here.