Status: 8/19/12- Hiatus

Bulletproof Heart

Inked and Cuffed

“I’m bored.” I whined from where I laid on the couch. The guys had a day full of press and Vi was still sick. I was tempted to go see what those sexy Avenged boys were up to but thought that might cause some trouble ever since I pointed out how much Zacky and Frankie looked alike. I mean hell even their names were close.

“Well what do you want to do?” Vi said blowing her nose in the most unattractive way.

“Man I’m surprised Gee can’t keep his hands off your sexiness.” I said snickering which earned me a pillow up long the head.

“Shut up. It’s his fault I’m sick anyhow.”

I grinned at her. “Betcha now that he has seen what you’re like sick he won’t make that mistake again.”

“You know if I didn’t love you so much I would hate you right now.” Vi grumped at me.

I pouted at her pretending to be hurt. “Awwwww come on Vi don’t be like that. Not when I love you sooooo much.”

“Whatever. I’m hungry.”

I laughed at her random thought. “And I’m bored. So I say we do something about both.”

Vi raised a brow at me from where she sat curled up in a blanket. “Like what?”

“Like a girls night out kinda. We go get something to eat and then I heard about this really awesome tattoo artist in town. Frank’s gotten tattoos done by him.”

Vi stared at me like I had suddenly sprouted two heads. “YOU want a TATTOO?!”

I shrugged. “Yeah maybe. That so hard to believe?”

“From you? Yeah a little. Sorry.”

“Well I do. I even know what I want already.”

“Really?” Vi said sitting up in her chair. I had her attention now. “What are you getting?”

I dug out the picture I had printed offline of a drawing of Jack and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas someone had done. It was edged in purple, a heart of skulls surrounded the two of them sitting on a branch with zero beside them. Jack had one arm wrapped around Sally, caressing her face while his other hand held a sprig of mistletoe above their heads. “I want to get it on my lower back.”

I blushed as I handed the picture over to Vi to check out. She took it and smiled a little. “You sure you want to do this?”

I knew what she was asking. She of course got that it represented Frank and I without being obvious about it. Frank and I were keeping things on the down low and unless you were one of the guys you would have no idea we were a couple. Frank wanted to keep it that way until he and Jamia were divorced officially. It was okay with me and I loved him enough that I would wait. Yeah. I was head over heels giggle when you think about him in love with Frank. He was the sweetest guy I had ever dated. My mind made up I nodded. “Yep, let’s do this.”

“Okay just let me throw on some nicer clothes quick.” Vi said hopping up and going in the back to change.

Fifteen minutes later we were in a taxi and heading to the tattoo parlor.

--

I don’t care what Frank says tattoos fucking hurt like a bitch and let me tell you, I cried like one.

“I still can’t believe you actually did it.” Vi said as I paid the taxi driver and we headed back to where the buses were parked. We flashed our passes and they let us back through to them.

I shrugged pulling my coat around me tighter only to wince in pain when it rubbed against my freshly inked tattoo. “Yeah well I’ve been meaning to get one. I just maybe should have waited until we were somewhere warmer.”

Vi laughed. “Yeah at least then you could wear less so it wouldn’t get rubbed.”

“Why didn’t either of us think of this two hours ago?” I asked laughing as we opened the door to the bus.

“I don’t know.” Vi replied laughing with me.

“What don’t you know?” Gee asked from his spot on the couch.

“That Frank lies.” I replied keeping my face as serious as I could.

“What am I being unjustly accused of now?” He asked walking in from the ‘room’ we now shared in the back. I swear how can a guy look so damn hot in just a hoodie and jeans? It took everything I had not to drool.

“Lying apparently.” Gee said shrugging his shoulders.

Frank walked over to where I was standing wrapping one arm around my waist and I hissed in pain but he didn’t notice. “Now what did I lie about?”

I pulled away wincing in pain. “That getting tattoos doesn’t really hurt.”

Everyone was staring at me like I had just said I was the second gunman on the grassy noll. “What?”

“You got a tattoo?” Gee asked shocked.

I crossed my arms over my chest starting to get slightly annoyed. “Yeah. I did. Got a problem with it?”

Gee shook his head no. “No I’m just surprised is all.”

“Can I see it? Where is it?” Frank said looking me over from head to toe like he was trying to see through my clothing.

“Yeah it’s on my lower back.” I shrugged out of my coat and lifted up the back of my shirt. “You’re gonna have to move the bandage for me.”

I shivered as Frank’s calloused hands moved over my skin causing him to chuckle lightly. I waited nervously as he checked it out. “Jack and Sally huh?”

I nodded chewing my bottom lip. “Yeah I saw the picture and loved it.”

“It’s really good work. Did you go to Chase?”

“Yeah.”

I felt him put the bandage back on and pull my shirt back down. He kissed my cheek and moved his arm to my shoulders so he wouldn’t accidently bump my tattoo. “I really like it.”

I blushed. “I’m glad.”

Mikey popped his head into the bus. “You guys gonna come and ya know, get ready for our show?”

“Yeah we’re coming.” Gee said standing up, hooking his arm around Vi and heading out.

I started to follow them out and Frank grabbed my hand to keep me back. Cupping my face he tilted it slightly so he could kiss me. When he pulled back my head was spinning. “Guess that’ll have to hold me over for the next hour.”

“You sure you can wait that long?” I teased as we headed out of the bus.

“No, not at all.” He said slapping my ass laughing.

--

The show was about halfway through when Vi came over and shoulder bumped me. “Come outside with me?”

“Smoke break already?” I said sighing.

Vi gave me an innocent smile. “Please?”

“Okay okay lets go.” I said linking arms with her.

We ducked out the side door chatting for a few minutes while she smoked. It was only when we went to go back inside we realized we had a problem. “Oh shit.”

“What?” Vi asked putting out her cigarette with her shoe.

“The doors locked.” I said pulling on the door to show her.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.” Vi said pushing me out of the way so she could try. “Shit! Now what?”

“Go around front.” I said sighing.

We walked to the front of the door fully intended just to walk through the front doors to the arena. “Tickets?” The security people said when we tried to walk through.

“What?” I asked baffled.

“Your tickets. I need to see your tickets for the show.”

“Oh we don’t have tickets. We’re press.”

“Okay then let me see your press passes.” She said with a sneer in her voice, obviously she didn’t
believe me.

“Shit. I didn’t grab mine, did you?” Vi said checking her pockets.

I knew I didn’t have mine as well since everyone backstage knew us and I wasn’t planning on doing any official press things tonight. “No.”

“Sorry no passes, no tickets, no entry.” I wanted to wipe the smug smile off her face, she was enjoying this too much.

Vi’s hands went to her hips immediately and I knew we were going to have a problem soon. “Listen I didn’t want to pull this card, but I’m Gee’s girlfriend and believe me he’ll be pissed if he realizes I’m not back there.”

The stupid security lady actually rolled her eyes at us and snorted. “You and at least twenty other girls tonight.”

“Listen. Just go make a call and you’ll see we’re telling the truth.” I said trying to calm down the situation.

“Will. Watch them while I go make a call.” She said before disappearing.

Vi and I stood there waiting like good girls when a group of girls in there early twenties came up and started flirting with the security guard watching us. We took the opportunity to sneak past him. We were almost in the clear when we heard. “STOP THEM!”

Next thing I knew we were surrounded by big old security guards and being escorted outside. We shouldn’t have struggled, I know but we were both pissed. “This is fucking bullshit!” Vi hollered as she wiggled in the security guards grasp.

“You’re all gonna be in a shit load of trouble!” I added my temper getting the best of me this once. This was just crazy, I couldn’t believe they didn’t believe us!

Both of us calmed down when we saw the police cruiser waiting outside. “What…what’s going on?”

No one answered us, just cuffed us and put us in the back of the cruiser. “This can’t be happening.” Vi said sounding as shocked as I felt.

“You know we’re never gonna live this down.” I said resting my head back.

“I just hope they bail us out sooner than later.” Vi said and we both started laughing like we were on something.

“I hope the guys realize we’re missing and come looking for us before they take us downtown.” I said between bouts of laughter.

“You’re right. We’re too pretty for jail.” Vi said snorting out her laughter which only made me laugh harder, which is of course, how the guys found us.