I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Prologue

I walked out into the evening-day street as soon as I was sure that I had lost him. He can't be following me - yet alone, know our little secret.

I continued walking down the empty streets, pulling my long coat closer to me. I quickened my pace as I heard footsteps following behind me. They kept on coming, closer and closer, and soon, I broke out into a run. I sprinted pass houses and buildings; down through empty ally ways and properties so that no one around would get suspicious.

I heard him call out my name numerous times but I never stopped. I kept on running and running until I got pass this abandoned hotel building did I get tackled down into the dirt. I struggled against him long enough to be able to get up and continue on my flee from the scene. He was quicker than I thought though; too quick.

He got a grasp around my waist and I was pushed back against the hotel's wall; the sound of my yelp echoing down the empty back way.

"Look at what you're doing to yourself," he told me through gritted teeth; a hint of pain was shown in his eyes.

"I don't care," I spat out to him. "It's your fault that I'm in this position so don't even say that I'm the one doing this to myself." He opened his mouth to say something but then shut it. "Exactly. Even you know that this is partly your fault."

"But why don't you just quit instead of letting yourself to do this?" he asked, slowly letting me go.

I continued to lean against the wall, stuffing me hands inside of my coat. "Why do you even care?"

"Because I do care. I've told you before and I'll tell you again, whether you believe me or not - but I love you." He took a hold of my shoulders. "I've known you for how long? Nine years. I'm not going to just sit there and watch you do this to yourself."

I avoided his gaze and found sudden interest in the ground, trying to not make it look obvious that tears had sprung to my eyes.

"Why are you just letting him do that to you?" he asked softly, pulling me close into a hug as I continued to stare at the ground.

"Because," I whispered.


Because, I would be dead by now if I had quit the job.

"Do you think that what you're doing is right?" he angrily yelled at my boss, clearly confronting to him of what he knew.

I moved and shielded myself behind him a bit as my boss took a closer step towards us in his backyard.

"I don't know, but is what you're doing right now is right?" the man said deviously, getting dangerously close to us as we backed up and away from him a bit more.

It seemed almost impossible though as the man quickly grabbed me and pulled my back against his chest, walking us back and far away from the other guest. He held me tightly against him with his forearm across me chest. I couldn't get away and I couldn't reach down to take a bite at his arm.

He pulled something out of his pocket and I heard the object cock. He held the gun to my temple and threateningly tightened his grip on me.

"I've warned you," he snarled into my ear. "Don't you understand?" He loudly asked the other guy, who carefully took a step towards us.

"Just put the gun down," he told my boss, caution written clearly on his face.

"Take another step and the girl gets it," my boss warned, pressing the weapon closer to my head.

I was crying heavily by now. "Zacky, I love you," I whispered, choking on my own tears but I knew that he could hear me..

His sudden one step move in alarm and attempt to call out my name, startled the dangerous man and he pulled the firearm's trigger, sending an ear deafening explosion into the air.

That's when everything went black.