I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Nine

Zacky stared after Krystal as the door clicked shut behind her. He stayed motionless in his position as every hint of emotions ran through him; it affected him in many ways. He clenched his fist and tightened his jaw as he allowed the tears to flow down his cheeks freely. He angrily shot daggers at the carpet floor, wishing for a hole to appear and pull him down.

He wasangryupset with himself. How could he not have noticed her before? How could he have been so blinded to not recognize her movements, all the jokes she made that were once inside jokes between the both of them; how could he have missed her personality when it was staring at him right in the face?

He felt sad and down. Aside from being an idiot and breaking his promise, he was sad that she didn't come up and confront him. He was depressed that he had lost her for the second time in his life. He was down that he felt the another part of him begin to slowly erode away the moment those months ended only a few minutes ago.

He was happy; happy to know that he had seen her again and that he had spent the few months that he had with her, as closely to her as possible. He was happy to be able to know what she had done with her life so far.

Lastly, he was disappointed in himself and the band. They had allowed their partying manners to exceed to such higher points that a close friend of theirs had to leave them. She had to find a new job, after losing one that she truly loved. How could they have let it go that far when they knew how much trouble they've costed her before?

Now, he wasn't so sure about their new tour manager, Tracy, who had stood there and watched him hesitantly for quiet some time now. He saw her finally move into the kitchen to escape from the discomfort he had caused her.

She was a small woman; she seemed to be in her late 20's. Her small figure gave her the appearance of an innocent little girl. She had shoulder length black hair with large ringlet curls and emerald green eyes.

He wasn't so sure about her. He didn't know if she was going to be as laidback as Krystal was, or if she'll even make tour nearly as fun as Krystal had. But there was a feeling in the pit of his stomach that told him things were going to have to change from now on. He knew that the change would consist of less partying, more rest, more focus, more of everything.

Looks can be deceiving, he thought to himself, as he listened to the low murmurs of Tracy and Johnny's conversation.

Zacky shook his head and abruptly turned around, heading for the bathroom. He slammed the door behind him and slid down to the ground with his back against the door. Pulling his knees up to his chest, he laid his head down and began to silently cry to himself.

Krystal had called a taxi and waited in the busy traffic as they headed for a nearby airport. She had enough money on her for a plane ride home and a few meals.

"We're here ma'am," the taxi driver called to her, breaking her train of thoughts. She teared her gaze away from the window and looked upfront to him with tired eyes. She nodded her head and thanked him, handing him the money she owed as she got out of the cab.

The trunk of the car popped open and she lifted her luggage out, heading towards the huge doors of the airport. Arriving inside, she took a look at the schedule of planes departing to the LAX airport in Los Angeles, California.

The next flight was at 12 : 30 P.M.

Kristy sighed and headed towards one of the many front desks, buying a ticket for herself. With another two hours to wait, she pulled her luggage case after her and found a seat by herself, away from a mass of people that gathered around one section of the seating area. She felt her phone vibrate inside the pocket of her jacket.
___________________________________________________________________

Krystal felt a vibrate against her hand in the pocket of her jacket, disturbing her sleep. She groaned and pulled an earplug that blasted the songs on her iPod, out of her ear and pulled out her cell phone.

The caller i.d. read 'Cass'.

She sighed and pressed the send button. "Hello?"

"Where are you?!" Cassie quickly asked the moment she picked up.

"On a plane home," Kristy answered her bluntly.

"What? You should've brought me along with you --" Cassie started but Kristy had interrupted.

"No; I shouldn't ruin your time with your favorite band," she said. "You just stay put over there and have fun without me."

"But what would you do over there?" Cassie asked with concerned but Kristy shrugged it off.

"Just go out and search for another job just like any other regular person."

"You can't just --"

"Cass, I don't want to talk about this. It's over with; just leave it be. Goodbye," Kristy said quietly, hanging up. She groaned and allowed her head to fall back against the headrest of her seat.

She had been on the plane and in the air for a total of about an hour. It was now already one in the morning. She sat next to a woman that looks to be about in her forties, with an empty, available seat in between them. The woman seemed to be in the business industry, always on her laptop typing away at something. Every once in a while, she'd throw glances at Kristy who sat still with her eyes closed and music blaring out of her headphones.

Kristy turned her head to look out her window at the clouds passing by.

She had thought about going home and take a few days off before going out in search for a new job, but what would that do for her? Just sitting around for a few days without earning money to survive was not going to help her the slightest bit in life.

What could she do though?

She majored in management; maybe she could become an intern? Maybe she could become some useful help to some big office, business corporation?

The woman next to her shifted in her seat, hesitantly looking at her. "I'm sorry; I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. Are you currently unemployed?" she asked politely and Kristy inspected her in curiosity.

"As of this morning, yes."

"What was your previous occupation?"

"Tour management."

"Oh, so you've had some experiences in management?" the lady asked, sounding slightly surprised.

"Yeah, well, I majored in it..." Kristy slowly answered her, looking away and back out the window.

"And you're on your way to California?"

"Yes..."

"We have an available job opening for you if you're interested." The lady offered, re-catching her attention.

"What is the job opening?" Kristy sat up straight in her seat.

"You can be of assistance in hotel management." The lady smiled and so did Kristy.

"That would be great."

"I'm Karen." The stuck her slightly wrinkled hand out for a handshake.

Kristy gladly accepted it, nodding. "Krystal."

She sat back in her seat, content on how things had finally turned out in the end. The only downfall was having a dress code, and she was no longer able to travel around the world as often as she would like to.