I Can't Forget What You've Forgotten

Ten

I looked up from my book, sighing softly to myself and looking around the quiet hotel lobby. There's nothing I hate more than working on a slow day where you can set up a bed in the middle of the floor, fall asleep, and no one would even so much as to make attempt to wake you up. Well, there is something - not being able to tour - but talking about an everyday routine life, there is nothing that I hated more than this.

"Krystal?" a husky voice called out my name and I lifted my head up higher, seeing my boss standing at the end of the desk on the other end from where I sat. "Shift's over," he informed me and I nodded grimly.

So, there is something that I hated more than a slow day at work. It was the extra hours that I work after my hotel shift was over - an extra second job that I needed in order to survive. One small job at a hotel where I sat on my behind all day wasn't a good enough of a paycheck to get my bills paid and let me live in comfort.

I placed my crafty handmade bookmark back in my book, marking off the place where I had left off in the novel before tucking it under my arm. I stood up from my seat and yawned tiredly, pulling my hair out of the messy ponytail I had it in earlier. Moving past the other employees that sat behind the same, large oak desk that I sat behind, I went to the room where we stored all of our belongings during our shifts.

I pulled out my messenger bag and roughly stuff my hardcover book inside, retrieving my car keys out soon later. It was almost eight at night, and there was nothing that I wanted to do more than go home, get into bed, and think back to joyful thoughts. Sadly, you can't have everything your way when you're in the adult world - where responsibility is counted upon for survival.

Quickly, I ran out the back door and towards my car, not particularly feeling like walking slowly alone in the dark. I opened the door to my silver Mustang and got in, revving the engine to life. The headlights turned on and I sped out of the parking lot, heading in the direction where my empty apartment waited; lifeless.

I hurried home and got changed into a different, more revealing outfit. I messed around with my hair, which now barely passed my shoulders and was all black with dark mahogany lowlights; I messed around and applied hair spray, giving it the curly but messy look. I sighed and began applying the cosmetics that made my countenance look flawless.

What am I doing to myself?

When I was finished, I stared at my reflection in the mirror until something caught my eye. An object lay in the corner of the room, on the edge of my bed - it shined brightly from the angle that the dim source of lit had hit it.

I strode across the room; I picked up the silver chain, careful not to let it slip through my fingers. My hand closed and clenched on to it as I glared, somehow wondering to myself if I was able to crush it into a pile of dust underneath my palm. I threw opened my side table drawer and tossed it inside, shutting it closed. It was the drawer where most of my forgotten belongings laid in.

Though it had been several weeks since I had left Avenged Sevenfold's tour, it felt like it was several months. Maybe it had been several months... the calendar on the wall said that there was only three weeks left before Cassie came back home - signaling the end of the tour.

I didn't hate Zacky, nor was I angry with him but I couldn't stand to have to look at the necklace. Zacky had broken his promise - he had forgotten me throughout the years and it wounded me so; never once did I wonder who he was. I knew him and I've always remembered him - but the thought of being forgotten, the thought that he didn't feel the same about me as he said I felt about him, it wasn't the most pleasant.

I pulled on a long trench coat to protect me from the cold night breeze, and walked out, making sure to lock the door after me. Descending down the stairs, I got back into my car and brought it back to life from its brief sleep. I drove down the streets for a few minutes, before a nightclub came into view.

My boss from back at the hotel, stood in front of the club, waiting for me. I found a nearby parking space around the back and gathered my stuff together. Sighing, I got out, slamming the door closed; I began to count the hours before midnight came and I was free to go home.

{{ Zacky's P.O.V. }}

I stared blankly at the moving characters in the television screen in front of me, my mouth slightly hung open, deep in thought. The past few weeks have been hell but at least it wasn't long until tour is over.

I have never thought that there would come a day when I would say that I want to stop touring. But all together, everyone does. Ever sinceKristy Krystal left, everything went down to shit. The tour, the shows, the mood and atmosphere... I think it was all due to our new tour manager.

We're all down that Krystal had to leave us, but maybe, if we got a different, better tour manager, maybe we wouldn't wish to stop touring so much. There was just something about Tracy that made us all dislike her...

"Zack." Brian's sudden booming voice broke me out of my trance. "Stop moping around; she's coming," he hissed at me in warning, forcefully shoving his dirty shirt into my chest. I glared as he moved onto where the kitchen was, removing a bottle of water out of the miniature refrigerator.

Tracy was tough, strict, and she knows what she wants done; she has rules. One, was that you can't always be lazing around doing nothing; at least do something. Another one: no drinking and no hard partying - unless you decide to escape to some bar and disappear for a few hours.

I groaned and pulled myself to sit upward, just before she came in from the back lounge with Cassie following behind her. I felt pity for her, having to stick around us and be the 'only other female companion' for Tracy. I wish Krystal would have just let her go home with her so that she didn't have to suffer here like the rest of us.

"Almost time for s--" She stopped in her tracks and stared back at me, her eyes analyzing over my body. Her eyes squinted into small slits, giving me a disapproving look. "Zachary, why aren't you ready?" she asked me in a kind voice - a sign that she was getting upset and that I should get my lazy ass off the sofa.

That's another thing about her; she's always about business and formality. It's almost like she had never heard of 'loosen up and have fun'.

Krystal knew how to have fun...

I rid myself of the thought and got up abruptly. "I lost track of time," I mumbled and pushed past her, catching Cassie's eye. She was obviously annoyed and wanted a chance to get away. I went to my bunk, getting out any random outfit and throwing it on. Accessories and makeup would have to wait until we get inside the venue.

Miss I'm-the-boss-around-here wouldn't be too happy if we weren't out of the bus and into the doors of the venue on time.

I walked out of the bunk area and saw that the bus was empty except for Jimmy waiting behind for me. I smiled at him and grabbed my bag, getting out after him.

"What a bitch," he whispered into my ear in a sing-song voice. I chuckled and looked forward to where Tracy walked a few feet in front of us. "This is one of the worst tour ever." He rolled his eyes and I nodded in agreement.

"Worst in history."